What's new

India's Top Five Achievements Since Independence ( 1947 )

IIT's and IIM's. Everything else is thanks to these two.

TBH IITs and IIMs doing a better service to USA and the west. If you see the profile of most of the scientist and engineers working in DRDO, ISRO, HAL and other national entities, they're from regional universities and colleges.

Bitter but that's the truth.

IIT's and IIM's. Everything else is thanks to these two.

Nope.

Thanx to The Attitude of Indians .. Kuch Baat hai Ki Hasti Mit Ti Nahi Hamaari.....

Even B4... IITS and IIMs , Bhabhas.....Sarabhais.... n Kalams Existed ( WITHOUT the AID of IITS and IIMs ) , Who Found What we know as India ( as of now ).

TBH IITs and IIMs doing a better service to USA and the west. If you see the profile of most of the scientist and engineers working in DRDO, ISRO, HAL and other national entities, they're from regional universities and colleges.

i wouldn't discount it that cheaply. NRIs are a major source of Indian soft power, you know what they about taking an Indian out of India :P

i wouldn't discount it that cheaply. NRIs are a major source of Indian soft power, you know what they about taking an Indian out of India :P

I won't discount that aspect. But i'm from a regional university, i'm more likely to be in US for masters this year, i don't think not being from IITs discounting my chance that much, maybe marginally.

How about making this country free from the menace of Polio once and for all? @XiNiX @KRAIT

You Made me Think Twice Today !!
And Twice i felt i Missed Something ... Well for sure S&B.

A Peon in my office has a Son ( his only child ). He Has polio..... n Indeed , Judging from the fact.. that Polio is a Real Curse.. as i can witness.. by this example.. Your Point is what can i say a Boon for This Nation.

PS : I wish There was a Polio like Vaccine for Corruption as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sorry but opinions from Zimbabwe, Kenya, Congo and BD would not be considered

Zimbabwe, Kenya, Congo gained independence by their own effort from a first world country (superpower at that time) while BD couldn't even get independence from a third world country by their own effort . they needed help from India to get independence still ppl from BD have the audacity to vomit in such a creative thread.
best of luck........

I won't discount that aspect. But i'm from a regional university, i'm more likely to be in US for masters this year, i don't think not being from IITs discounting my chance that much, maybe marginally.
you're right, it won't. all i'm saying is IIM and IITs have made enormous contribution to India, inside and outside the borders.

btw where in states are you heading? i'm here to assist, if you need it.

I don't agree. Many IIT students go to US for studies and get into best universities because of IIT brand name. Do you know, IIT prefer PhDs from US and European universities for faculty position. All those people after earning in US and UK return in later years and transfer the knowledge to not only IITs but also other universities and NITs,.

Director of my college IIT Kanpur graduate, did his PhD in University of Illinois in Urbana Champaign, worked in Yahoo, on IP6 protocol too, returned back to India and also became involved in IIT K Computer Department. He is just one case.

My college had all the PhDs from IITs and from US unviersities with tons of experience as our Professors.

They brought work culture, work ethics, made collaborations etc. Our Physics faculty is working with University of Nebraska where students are enrolled in India as PhD but he sends the data to Nebraska as they have advanced computing equipments.

I can explain in detail what actualy IITs and IIMs brought. They brought hard work and focus on work efficiency, out of the box thinking, innovativeness and optimization etc.

I also like to mention ISI, :D (Indian Statistical Institutes), TIFR, IIS Bangalore too.

Jawahar Lal Nehru may have done blunders but put India on path of Education and laid the foundation of Science and Technology and education.

Mostly B.Tech students go abroad, many returns but M.Tech and PhD from IITs stay in India and often works as Researcher in companies like Infosys, TCS as R&D head or main researcher.

How about making this country free from the menace of Polio once and for all? @XiNiX @KRAIT
Well, in health care, India has become a favorite case study for many disease control like AIDS epidemic etc. The awareness programs, the media utilization etc. helped in creating a good strategy to implement in countries of Africa which has similar poverty, lack of hygiene, education and crime. We have to take into account of 1.2 billion people.

Look at Africa with 1.3 billion, an entire continent, while India with 1.2 billion. We have achieved a lot but job is not done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zimbabwe, Kenya, Congo gained independence by their own effort from a first world country (superpower at that time) while BD couldn't even get independence from a third world country by their own effort . they needed help from India to get independence still ppl from BD have the audacity to vomit in such a creative thread.
best of luck........

Well some countries were gifted so called "freedom" while their Father of the Nation was getting buggered by a German wrestler; and the second leader was having relations with both of the GG couple - according to Indian media. We, BD, fought for ourselves, sacrificed lives and shed blood by tons for 9 months. Wily, crooked, cunning Indians jumped in last 10 days to steal victory from us. We defeated Pak Eastern Command, not Indians. They couldn't have done that in a million years with their poor professionalism and the lousy corps of officers. We saw how pathetic they are in the battle-field.

you're right, it won't. all i'm saying is IIM and IITs have made enormous contribution to India, inside and outside the borders.

btw where in states are you heading? i'm here to assist, if you need it.

I don't know, just applied in few odd universities like SUNY BUFFALO, Arizona State University, Iowa State University, UT Dallas, And University of Kentucky as of now.

My profile is very average (7.45/10 GPA without any backlog ever, 102 TOEFL iBT and 307 GRE (Q-160, V-147, AWA-3))

I don't know, just applied in few odd universities like SUNY BUFFALO, Arizona State University, Iowa State University, UT Dallas, And University of Kentucky as of now.

My profile is very average (7.45/10 GPA without any backlog ever, 102 TOEFL iBT and 307 GRE (Q-160, V-147, AWA-3))
take a look at california state university, fullerton and san bernardino campuses.

Back
Top Bottom