What's new

Featured India’s Test of Hypersonic missile and implications for Pakistan

Social media news? I challenge you to point one place where I have linked to any social media. My sources are ISRO and Brahmos’s press release.

BTW I have not seen a single source from you of all you hypersonic claims,
Even worse.

Look, I have provided evidence of the Chinese version of B2.

We generally do not use this kind of evidence in serious discussions.

They have. Its called Starry Sky 2.

I am not talking about program. I am talking about a successful test.
Well, when Pakistan uses unproven and overhyped Chinese weapons then India is doing much better with israeli tech.

No you are wrong. Anything made in China is path breaking, state of art, invincible and game changer. For example, without even one successful test, DF 21 is carrier killer.

India has nothing to cheer at with regards to 1971. The Pakistani Army in East Pakistan, now Bangladesh, was completely surrounded and isolated by India (not to mention in a very hostile territory of its own). Their predicament was even worse than that of the Wehrmacht 6th Army in Stalingrad after Soviet encirclement. The performance in the Western front is more indicative of how a conflict between Pakistan and India would go and it did go so well for India, which is why very rarely is the Western front mentioned in 1971.

In other words, 1971 is just a bigger version of your attack on Portuguese Goa.

straight from the indian General who led the campaign:

I seriously doubt the quality of those hypersonic missiles,if the scientists behind them are like abhinandan then nothing to worry.
So far only Russia and China are the masters of this hypersonic tech.

straight from the indian General who led the campaign:

Exactly. Pakistan, or any other nation, had absolutely no chance in the 1971 war. Pakistan troops were fighting against an enemy 10x bigger and backed by insurgents and in a territory 1000s of KMs away. They were surrounded on every side by India and separatist forces and hostile population. They couldn’t even go from point A to point B without attacks from the general population.It was strategic victory for India but no way indicative of the power balance between India and Pakistan.

The Western sector which is the modern day Pakistan is the ultimate measure of any conflict between India and Pakistan, and Pakistan has never lost here despite being exponentially smaller and poorer than India. Despite their temper tantrums and collective breakdowns on their media, on the internet and on international forums, India can never dream of breaching Pakistan’s territorial integrity without incurring a deeply humiliating and unacceptable cost.

This is what truly frustrates the Indians. Despite the odds and viciousness of the enemy, Pakistan stands and keeps humiliating a regional bully for the past 72 years as we saw on Feb 26/27 last year.

I seriously doubt the quality of those hypersonic missiles,if the scientists behind them are like abhinandan then nothing to worry.
So far only Russia and China are the masters of this hypersonic tech.
There is currently no master of this technology. Simply because its too new and much is still unknown. There are no deployed SCRAMjet based Hypersonic Cruise Missiles.

The country which has operational hyper weapons is China !! Poor filth country like India need at least another 10 years to get basics right.
China does not have an operational SCRAMjet based Hypersonic Cruise Missile. Sorry dear, you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
So are our forces unaware of it already?

My POV is forces have this too in control just like Rafales...
Not really... It's gonna be some kind of ad-hoc stuff not a critical tech absorbing exercise to increase overall quality of our human resource.

My POV is forces have this too in control just like Rafales...
There is no weapon, so there is nothing to control. Its just a science project right now.

Lastly, Hypersonic cruise missile is a waste of resource against Pakistan. Ballistic and cruise missiles are enough for land targets and super sonic cruise missiles are more than enough for naval targets.

Also, there is nothing which can match Rafale and is available to Pakistan cheaply.

No matter how long exile I take to bump here, certain PDF members never miss imbecility and bring about perspectives out of entire hot air.

This week India tested its first hypersonic missile.
India tested an engine, not a missile. And too already possess hypersonic glide missiles based on conventional tech (heard of Shaurya?). These ongoing programs are to develop ramjet and scramjet expertise for future power plants for missiles.
Traveling at extreme speeds with unpredictable flight patterns, hypersonic missiles have the potential to destabilize the strategic balance in South Asia, in ways not seen since India’s test of the nuclear bomb in 1972.
There has been no strategic balance in South Asia since 1971. NATO, USSR & PRC acknowledged India as only left regional power in South Asia. And it remains undisputedly so since then both economically and militarily.

India anyway tested nukes in 1974 and not 1972 amid high tensions with US, UK & China on LAC and Diego Gracia islands.
Recent discussions on India has centered around New Delhi’s acquisition of the Rafale aircrafts. But these Rafale aircrafts don’t substantially alter the balance between the two air forces. The hypersonic missile tested by India has far-reaching implications for Pakistan.
Neither of Rafaels or hypersonic weapons do affect any kind of balance with India & Pakistan. Rafaels are to be deployed mainly to patrol against J20 & Su27 in east till AMCA and ORCA show up. India using hypersonic missiles against Pakistan itself is strategically redundant as ready to fire SLBM's are there. Given Pakistan is far from having any ABM or CIWS system against existing Indian missiles, any new deployment against it is redundant.

Conventional edge has been sufficient to annex a good chunk of Pakistani territory decades ago. Left one is operationalisation of AD-1 terminal interceptor and AD-2 CIWS to neutralise MIRVs and supersonic cruise missiles. Any chance of mutually assured destruction between India & Pakistan will be nil thereafter.
“Pakistan is not known to have an indigenous hypersonic development program. Moreover, if China, Russia, and the United States reach an agreement on the issue, then there are more chances of avoiding a possible regional
rivalry in South Asia by making India part of the agreement.”
Unlike First (North Atlantic) & Second world (West Pacific & arctic) nations who have identified their groupings officially, India is a diplomatically neutral country and can't be pulled up in any such agreement.

We never were part of either blocks officially and hence, our rival can't be named as argument.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom