What's new

India's security does not lie in its Military

@dadeechi What did you drink this morning

Shud badam milk

Plz.....Tell that to the numerous folks who attempted to conquer India. Anyway, Russians are doing their best to emulate and copy America. They don't think to highly of Indians/India.F-k what you think or hear.

The question is not about others conquering India.

Did India conquer anyone by brutal force? Did anyone accuse India of a Tyrannical/genocidal empire?

Huh?

Never expected to see a thread like this on a defense forum.

I think all of us here know that neglecting your military capabilities is a mistake, history has shown it time and time again.

The point is India would continue to have strong military but only for defensive purposes.

Being offensive is not a natural trait of Indians.

Umm... Nothing?

What do we think of the Dutch, the Nicaraguans, the Canadians, etc.

The vast majority of people here are focused on making it day by day, not much time or reason to think much about foreigners.

I guess the only thing that comes to mind is the Buddhist connection.

That's exactly the point.

If at all a Chinese thinks about India, they think about it as the land of Buddha.

On the other hand when Chinese or Koreans think about the Japanese empire, comfort women may be on their mind.

A Japanese when they think about US, they may think about hiroshima bombing.

Irrespective of it's military capabilities, India has always been and would always be a soft power that shares it's culture, knowledge and love for the humanity.

@dadeechi I understand where you are coming from but I think it is a bit naive in this day and age to make this argument. No amount of "soft power" is going to protect you from those who want to do you harm especially not in an ideological conflict.

Sadly, I think that for most of India's modern history its leaders have fallen for the falallcy you have demonstrated becasue it's cheap and easy and thus the military has been criminally neglected. Has the mindset changed? I'm not entirely convinced sadly, even the so-called "nationalists"/ right wingers in India are more passive and liberal that some centre-Left politicans in the West.

@Levina @PARIKRAMA @ni8mare

I am not advocating India to dismantle it's military. India learned the hard way that it needs military to defend and survive.

Having said that India would always remain a soft power irrespective of it's capabilities.

Sadly, I think that for most of India's modern history its leaders have fallen for the falallcy you have demonstrated becasue it's cheap and easy and thus the military has been criminally neglected. Has the mindset changed?
"Dilli Abhi door hai"!!!
The famous lines said by Hazrat Nizammudin when Mohammed bin Tuglaq's cataphract had reached the suburbs of Delhi. lol
Had Hazrat Nizammudin been alert, had he paid heed to his ministers,if his military was prepared then he could have saved himself from getting split and sliced by Tuglaq. India should take a leaf out of this story.
I am sure @dadeechi wasnt merely talking of using soft power for he knows no country can exist sans its military.
India should use non-transparent channels to exert its soft power. We should be able to change and influence the social and public opinion about our country.
Remember "the best propaganda is no propaganda at all"? :)

Shud badam milk

The question is not about others conquering India.

Did India conquer anyone by brutal force? Did anyone accuse India of a Tyrannical/genocidal empire?

The point is India would continue to have strong military but only for defensive purposes.

Being offensive is not a natural trait of Indians.

That's exactly the point.

If at all a Chinese thinks about India, they think about it as the land of Buddha.

On the other hand when Chinese or Koreans think about the Japanese empire, comfort women may be on their mind.

A Japanese when they think about US, they may think about hiroshima bombing.

Irrespective of it's military capabilities, India has always been and would always be a soft power that shares it's culture, knowledge and love for the humanity.

I am not advocating India to dismantle it's military. India learned the hard way that it needs military to defend and survive.

Having said that India would always remain a soft power irrespective of it's capabilities.

Of course India did....you trying to spin this one side image of India. We were violent with each other first and foremost. Secondly, Chola's conquered parts of Southeast Asia.....

Its good way to keep common people of other countries on your side. When they grow up watching your movies, it hits themselves if they have to start hating you in future.

Back
Top Bottom