What's new

India’s Rs 1.2 lakh crore nuclear submarine project closer to realisation

Why article is mentioned conventional missiles? Aren't our K series missiles nuclear? Maybe they don't want to mention word nuclear.....
Anyway great news.... IMHO we should scrap P75I and concentrate totally on homemade nuclear submarines..... Like UK, USA and France I believe our submarines fleet should be totally a nuclear submarine fleet.... No need for diesel SSK...
There they are talking about 6 upcoming SSNs. SSNs are attack submarines and will be armed with conventional missiles such as Brahmos etc for anti-ship, anti-surface roles.

Yeah, that is very likely since K-4, K-5 and future K-6 are relatively larger missiles with range exceeding 3k, 5k and 6k kms respectively while K-15's range is 1500km...the sizes would also be relative to their range requiring appropriate canisters to accommodate the same. For now, the plan is to induct K-15 and K-4 on most of the nuke capable platforms
Why would you keep long range SSBM on an attack submarine? Attack submarines are meant to attack other submarines and ships, not fire missiles at land. So, having unnecessary launch tubes for missiles will reduce the fluid dynamics

Why would you keep long range SSBM on an attack submarine? Attack submarines are meant to attack other submarines and ships, not fire missiles at land. So, having unnecessary launch tubes for missiles will reduce the fluid dynamics
I did not specify which missile goes where but overall, the most likely armament on our nuke subs...which'll include a range of SLBM's & SLCM's based on the type of sub and operational needs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom