What's new

India's plans to buy strategic Russian weapons are in jeopardy. Here's why

That's BS 80% of our major military gear is of Russian orgin MKi to T-90s they need regular supply and follow of spares and logistics support for decades throughout there life cycle

So it's impossible for us to let go Russians. That's easily
your good relations with Russia is hurting your new friend and they will try to create differences between you and your old friend it wont happen in just one day but it will be like slow poison

What is the issue here Pakistan will test a new missile soon and India will open all roads for Russia. India will beg Russia for s400 system.

You overestimate your own abilities.

your good relations with Russia is hurting your new friend and they will try to create differences between you and your old friend it wont happen in just one day but it will be like slow poison

I guess India has been Managing Israel + Iran ; China + japan ; and US + Russia really well for the past 25 Years...

So...

This has raised concerns in India over procurement of the S-400 missile shield as well, which is sorely needed to seal the country’s airspace with Pakistan, said people familiar with the matter.

I thought Pakistan wasn't a major threat to India and all their defence acquisitions were aimed at China?

Yet somehow all their ADM deals seem to revolve around Pakistan :cheesy:

I thought Pakistan wasn't a major threat to India and all their defence acquisitions were aimed at China?

Yet somehow all their ADM deals seem to revolve around Pakistan :cheesy:

ALL ?

But Yes, I agree India's ABM has Pakistan in Focus because Like India China too had a lot to loose in a Nuclear War and besides India and China dont Threat each other with Nukes ( Things are understood the way THEY SHOULD BE ).

ALL ?

But Yes, I agree India's ABM has Pakistan in Focus because Like India China too had a lot to loose in a Nuclear War and besides India and China dont Threat each other with Nukes ( Things are understood the way THEY SHOULD BE ).
In its current stage YES. BMD system was brought onto drawing board 2 decades back....however Proposed Phase 2 is upping the ante a bit more...

In its current stage YES. BMD system was brought onto drawing board 2 decades back....however Proposed Phase 2 is upping the ante a bit more...

IMHO, BMD would be pretty useless in the practical sense against China. It China really decided to Nuke India, Its Over.

Thats the reason why we had the ABM treaties in the first Place. "NO Defence is better than Some Defence"

IMHO, BMD would be pretty useless in the practical sense against China. It China really decided to Nuke India, Its Over.

Thats the reason why we had the ABM treaties in the first Place. "NO Defence is better than Some Defence"
Well there is a reason that China and Russia are opposing tooth and nail to THAAD..no??...what it brings to the table is more work for them to ensure MAD...secondly it is a given than no one is going to use nukes on each other....however BMD gives your adversary an edge....

Some defense is better than No defense bud!

Some defense is better than No defense bud!

Well, it may sound better but when it comes to "Deterrence" the very fear of MAD gets diluted with ABMs. and MAD is the one and only thing which prevent a Nuclear Holocaust.

ABMs create a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom