What's new

India’s needs helped power Russian military innovation

There is a bigger strategic shift which is above all this ,Iran will be dark horse in all this either side it can go ,Russia /China /Turkey all have strategic interest in Syria and recent Turkeys shift to Russia is another indication to it ,regarding Pak importance to Russia it is already investing heavily in Pakistan thru buying of assets e.g Mobilink/Warid over 50 Mil customers is part of Vimpel telecom (Russia) also if i am correct Russians are interested to buy a commercial bank in coming days .Also Inter state gas company of Pakistan is very much closely collaborating with Russian gas companies ,so there is going to be big strategic block

Thanks for your insight. Interesting to note the above, When you say Chinese interests in Syria, what do you mean? Could you clarify?

Thanks for your insight. Interesting to note the above, When you say Chinese interests in Syria, what do you mean? Could you clarify?
IMO Chinese interests are linked with negating US interest in the region ,Chinese policies are centric towards economics and whole of the ME can/is offering much to Chinese in terms of energy/market .As on today US output for fuel has increased domestically to great folds and soon US will not be looking solely for ME to cater needs of US ,thats why Iran is/will be a key player

IMO Chinese interests are linked with negating US interest in the region ,Chinese policies are centric towards economics and whole of the ME can/is offering much to Chinese in terms of energy/market .As on today US output for fuel has increased domestically to great folds and soon US will not be looking solely for ME to cater needs of US ,thats why Iran is/will be a key player

Are you aware that US has substantial oil reserves and is in fact not dependent on oil imports if it ramps up its production?

Why do you think that Shale Technology was brought online at a quicker rate than anticipated?

Why do you think was oil production increased by US?

What do you think is the impact of decreased oil demand from US on oil as commodity? The impact as extension on Russia-KSA economies?

Are you aware that US has substantial oil reserves and is in fact not dependent on oil imports if it ramps up its production?
Yes but due to greater control in 1990s and 2000 it was not pumped rather ME was main source for fuel
Why do you think that Shale Technology was brought online at a quicker rate than anticipated?
Shale technology makes a great revoltuion but at the moment oil touching so low that these shale companies are not working as they planned to
Why do you think was oil production increased by US?
Strategic shift ,Scary part is this has another meaning ME is going to be in hell in coming days
What do you think is the impact of decreased oil demand from US on oil as commodity? The impact as extension on Russia-KSA economies?
What i can comment is Russia/KSA will struggle and are struggling at the end of the day no matter how much chest thumping but reality is economies are not diversified so there will be more tougher times a head

@volatile Totally agree with you for post #49. Now, you may also be aware that US is pumping oil for domestic production at a rate which is making it loose money (the oil companies). But the same is getting fiscal support in terms of tax write offs etc etc.

This is a part of the 'grand strategy' to leverage the KSA and moderate it's increasingly anti-US policies (support to Wahabis and ISIS being foremost especially as the US policy is increasingly a failure in Iraq). KSA is increasingly having the effect on its economy as the low oil prices and the refusal of Russia and Iran to attend OPEC to discuss production cut, further dented the oil prices. Similarly, low oil prices are having a significant effect on Russian fiscal health, but the same is offset to some extent due to huge supplies of natural gas to major European nations, which are also on a declining trend as part of the European Sanctions regime against Russia.

One has to look at things with this as a background too.

By no means I am implying that US production is going to leave a long term impact alone. It is based purely on the present peculiarities of no OPEC and non OPEC oil producing country being in a position to cut its production in order to offset revenue loss by bulk. There is a perfect scenario of oversupply creating a glut. The sluggishness of European Markets has merely increased the impact.

Last edited:
@volatile Totally agree with you for post #49. Now, you may also be aware that US is pumping oil for domestic production at a rate which is making it loose money (the oil companies). But the same is getting fiscal support in terms of tax write offs etc etc.

This is a part of the 'grand strategy' to leverage the KSA and moderate it's increasingly anti-US policies (support to Wahabis and ISIS being foremost especially as the US policy is increasingly a failure in Iraq). KSA is increasingly having the effect on its economy as the low oil prices and the refusal of Russian and Iran to attend OPEC to discuss production cut, further dented the oil prices. Similarly, low oil prices are having a significant effect on Russian fiscal health, but the same is offset to some extent due to huge supplies of natural gas to major European nations, which are also on a declining trend as part of the European Sanctions regime against Russia.

One has to look at things with this as a background too.

By no means I am implying that US production is going to leave a long term impact alone. It is based purely on the present peculiarities of no OPEC and non OPEC oil producing country being in a position to cut its production in order to offset revenue loss by bulk. There is a perfect scenario of oversupply creating a glut. The sluggishness of European Markets has merely increased the impact.
US has introduced a new sort of diplomatic relationship based on her interest only (Too many it make sense) but at the end of the day capitalist system has its limitation in this case all relationship to any country is based on US interest and supremacy only there is no good or bad ,there are only have or have not .Poor EU is always 1st line to Russia why i say its a grand strategy to create barriers each one serve as punch lines . Similarly EU and Russians are entangled at the moment in Oil / European markets are crashing ,Brexit so at the moment if some one believes that world is simple place they are mistaken from a single bullet to 1st hand shake to oil outputs to Iran getting clean chit .its just some one willing to connect dots

US has introduced a new sort of diplomatic relationship based on her interest only (Too many it make sense) but at the end of the day capitalist system has its limitation in this case all relationship to any country is based on US interest and supremacy only there is no good or bad ,there are only have or have not .Poor EU is always 1st line to Russia why i say its a grand strategy to create barriers each one serve as punch lines . Similarly EU and Russians are entangled at the moment in Oil / European markets are crashing ,Brexit so at the moment if some one believes that world is simple place they are mistaken from a single bullet to 1st hand shake to oil outputs to Iran getting clean chit .its just some one willing to connect dots

Totally agreed. Thus, my putting out ,at times, controversial statements and seeing reactions of members. I am glad to have interacted with you on a pretty complex issue if I may say so. Your views have been quite expressive and provided an interesting read.

Thanks for the same.

Totally agreed. Thus, my putting out ,at times, controversial statements and seeing reactions of members. I am glad to have interacted with you on a pretty complex issue if I may say so. Your views have been quite expressive and provided an interesting read.

Thanks for the same.
Yes indeed and i must admit you are among the patient Indian member i came across ,By the way just curious as I have many friends/Customers who are Indian and they are personally not liking India/US current affairs whats your thought about it ?

Yes indeed and i must admit you are among the patient Indian member i came across ,By the way just curious as I have many friends/Customers who are Indian and they are personally not liking India/US current affairs whats your thought about it ?

All fine by me. Will tag you in relevant thread if there is one. A more comprehensive answer then.

Goodnight for now.

not really

russians are behind in stealth technology, unmanned aerial vehicles and large naval vessels

russia does not have the semiconductor fabrication industrial base to build complex electronics

russian workmanship is little shoddier than American

russians are behind in stealth technology, unmanned aerial vehicles and large naval vessels

russia does not have the semiconductor fabrication industrial base to build complex electronics

russian workmanship is little shoddier than American
And yet you guys lease nuke submarines from them ?
Signed for PAk FA with them ?
Getting advanced s-300 SAM with them.
Your new talwar class frigates are from Russia.
You have recently signed 8$ bn to upgarde MKI to super sukhoi.
Another deal for about 200 KAMOV light helicopters.

It doesnt sound as that way as you try to portray

And yet you guys lease nuke submarines from them ?
Signed for PAk FA with them ?
Getting advanced s-300 SAM with them.
Your new talwar class frigates are from Russia.
You have recently signed 8$ bn to upgarde MKI to super sukhoi.
Another deal for about 200 KAMOV light helicopters.

It doesnt sound as that way as you try to portray

Has the PAK-FA been delivered ??

The S-400 is unproven. I have no idea why Indian military would acquire it

Talwar class frigates, Kamov helicopters are good equipment. They are not going to win wars for you.

The Su-30 MKI has large RCS. It is good because of Israeli and French avionics

Has the PAK-FA been delivered ??

The S-400 is unproven. I have no idea why Indian military would acquire it

Talwar class frigates, Kamov helicopters are good equipment. They are not going to win wars for you.

The Su-30 MKI has large RCS. It is good because of Israeli and French avionics
This negates your coujter narrative that ruskies are technologically obsolete

Back
Top Bottom