What's new

India's missile defence system to affect balance of power in region: Aisha Farooqui

Its cheaper to develop BMD countermeasures then a BMD.

That is why China and Russia are primarily working on that, and also Pakistan is taking same route.
Ababeel?

I have heard/read that S400 can be used for Land Attack too

Last time I remember it was India protesting on the sale of F-16s and Erieyes etc.

India made such a hue and cry, to US, on and after Feb 27, that I thought that perhaps, it is US, who have attacked India.:lol:

ASAT displayed on Republic day 2020. Part of full spectrum space defence

2020_1$largeimg_593917252.jpg

Ababeel?

I have heard/read that S400 can be used for Land Attack too

Its very difficult to track and destroy BM flying at depressed trajectory also MiRV (highly maneuvering) and HGVs are answer to BMD.

Its as diplomatic as India did on every military purchase of Pakistan.

S-400 can not even track our BMs in depressed trajectory they fly faster then radar detection speed of S-400.
S-400 system can notice airborne targets up to MACH 15 speed. This system is far more dangerous to aircraft though, and will posit a threat to PAF operating near Indian borders depending upon how many systems are fielded and where each system is fielded in the near future. Greater concern is of S-400 systems talking to each other as well as other systems. There are also rumors that an S-400 system can be utilized in surface-to-surface strikes - alarming capability if true.

Radar systems of S-400 are also useful in INTEL gathering capacity for airborne activity - a source of concern for PAF operating near Indian borders.

Its very difficult to track and destroy BM flying at depressed trajectory also MiRV (highly maneuvering) and HGVs are answer to BMD.
S-400 have limited BMD capability. It has other uses which I have highlighted above.

JFT & eastern equipment was tested against S-400 in China and F-16s along with western tech of PAF will be tested in Turkey against S-400 so no issue.
S-400 systems will be less effective in Turkish hands though because NATO will not allow integration with its assets.

ASAT displayed on Republic day 2020. Part of full spectrum space defence

2020_1$largeimg_593917252.jpg
I wonder if India is considering research on boost phase missile interception with a directed energy weapon. Given that Pakistan’s territory lacks depth, it may be worth while effort to work for this holy grail.

S-400 system can notice airborne targets up to MACH 15 speed. This system is far more dangerous to aircraft though, and will posit a threat to PAF operating near Indian borders depending upon how many systems are fielded and where each system is fielded in the near future. Greater concern is of S-400 systems talking to each other as well as other systems. There are also rumors that an S-400 system can be utilized in surface-to-surface strikes - alarming capability if true.

Radar systems of S-400 are also useful in INTEL gathering capacity for airborne activity - a source of concern for PAF operating near Indian borders.

S-400 have limited BMD capability. It has other uses which I have highlighted above.

S-400 systems will be less effective in Turkish hands though because NATO will not allow integration with its assets.

You just didn't understand my posts, it was in reference with BMD capabilities and NATO have nothing to do with PAF and TuAF testing each other equipment and capability and here PAF can pitch F-16s against S-400 even if US won't allow PAF to send its F-16 as Turks will pitch their F-16s and PAF can easily accommodate its pilots their for training.

Also S-400 is dangerous but not invincible and PAF knows how to handle it now, it will be good test of S-400 too how it can handle various type of threats which will be coming its way to take it out.

Don't worry. China has already shared all the S-400 weaknesses and secrets with Pakistan.

Don't worry. China has already shared all the S-400 weaknesses and secrets with Pakistan.

which part of any post showed worry to you ?

You just didn't understand my posts, it was in reference with BMD capabilities and NATO have nothing to do with PAF and TuAF testing each other equipment and capability and here PAF can pitch F-16s against S-400 even if US won't allow PAF to send its F-16 as Turks will pitch their F-16s and PAF can easily accommodate its pilots their for training.

Also S-400 is dangerous but not invincible and PAF knows how to handle it now, it will be good test of S-400 too how it can handle various type of threats which will be coming its way to take it out.
We can send Thunders to Turkey or/and China too. Both have S400

I am surprised you have not read about Operation Trident. You have a forum member here, niaz sahab, who was present on station during this, if I am not mistaken.

http://defencejournal.com/may98/fightergap2.htm

The Air Force provided air support to the Navy at Karachi, on a report from a PIA aircraft flying reconnaissance for the Navy, the morning CAP (combat air patrol) at Masroor was asked to investigate, the result was that PNS Zulfiqar took 900 hits of point 5 inch ammo killing several officers and men, with many more injured.

The ship was at anchor, it was not going anywhere! Had the pilots not been so trigger happy, the ships identity could have been established with just two radio calls, and had the pilots had been trained in ship recognition they would have reported back that it was the PNS Zulfiqar!

Who cares what happened decades ago

IAF also bombed its own troops at Chamb in 65 war before PAF came to rescue of Indian troops and shot IAF aircraft down

The thing is what happened just last year in front of our eyes. PAF can't match that

Who cares what happened decades ago

IAF also bombed its own troops at Chamb in 65 war before PAF came to rescue of Indian troops and shot IAF aircraft down

The thing is what happened just last year in front of our eyes. PAF can't match that

Merely corrected you that the PAF did bomb the PN, which you denied. That too ship in anchor. Must take real skill.

Merely corrected you that the PAF did bomb the PN, which you denied. That too ship in anchor. Must take real skill.

You shot down your own heli deep inside your own territory

Must take a real skill. Or just a strike by PAF was enough to panic them

Back
Top Bottom