What's new

India’s missile defence system can bankrupt Pakistan

Will the Pakistani Elite leave the Country before launching nukes on India
Probably one of the reasons why Pakistan is keen on having that so called 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan where they can move most of their elite, missiles and strategic reserves before launching their nukes against India in a pre-emptive strike.

I way I can see Pakistan matching India BMD is to have China base it's own BMD shield in Pakistan.

a couple battalions of HQ-19 and HQ-29

I way I can see Pakistan matching India BMD is to have China base it's own BMD shield in Pakistan.

a couple battalions of HQ-19 and HQ-29
That would pave way for unprecedented defense supply to Vietnam :)

That would pave way for unprecedented defense supply to Vietnam :)

it's a game of chess, but my opinion is China putting a BMD shield in Pakistan is more of a threat to India than India supplying Vietnam with similar weapons.

Last edited:
The biggest mistake one can make is thinking their enemy is a fool. Now this is a mistake unfortunately India makes every now and then. There are several posters here on PDF that brag about how large IN is and how small PN is in comparison but when you ask them to compare the coastal area IN has to defend as compared to what PN has to defend they go silent. Then there was the claim that S-400 would be the final nail in PAF's coffin. There as well I asked them a simple question that, why do you think that Pakistan was a fool to invest in UAVs and UCAVs? And have you every thought how would S-400 tackle a airspace saturated with drones?

Now once again to all those, Pakistan's think tank does not consist of bunch of fools they are there to device a counter plan for every plan our enemy can have. Last time in 2002 it was the cold start doctrine that was shown what its fate would be, when PA waited 3 long weeks for IA to come and fight.

It's like Pak's putting a few pieces of beef into the best cooked Indian Vegie Biryani..

* My town boasts the best Biryani joints in North America. They come in all flavors - Chicken, Lamb, Vegie etc. This is one of the added Niyamet to join the Juma Namaz..

it's a game of chess, but I think the China putting a BMD shield in Pakistan more of a threat to India than India supplying Vietnam with similar weapons.
True.
Since if China does decide to deploy their advanced S2A solutions in Pakistan, kind of bring them protection, Indila would protest but wont be able to stop it.
It would then try to introduce a threat for China in its backyard with say very advanced of high speed S2S solutions.With that intent, probably hoping China not to proceed with its deployment in the first place.
I am sure the US would be very "concerned" about such a move, and may well encourage its south east asian allies to procure such S2S solutions from a seemingly "allied" India

Just my 2 cents

The article is based on absurd assumptions, Pakistan's defence spending as percentage of GDP is lowest in the region, it is stupid to assume Pakistan would do what USSR did. Pakistan is a rapidly growing economy, such an article will be indeed good for public consumption in India but it is far from reality !!!

Last edited:
The point in the article have made clear a scenario that IFF pakistan tries to match India for missile to missile or weapon to weapon then it is very likely to go bankrupt, but we have seen that Pakistan is not doing it, we know economy is bad but we are also not going weapon to weapon procurement.

Pakistan works smarter.
India spend billions for their Cold Start, Pakistan responded with with tactical nuke.
India spending money on their regional satellite system, Pakistan tapped into chinese BeiDou GPS and decided to host ground navigation station in Karachi.
India is spending billions on BMD, despite known the fact that even US BMD is around 60% successful in best condition. I say best of luck, especially with MIRVs and other countermeasures.

We don't believe in Qty and Junk we believe in Superior Quality, Accuracy and Advance Technology. :p:

It is more likely to bankrupt india if persued with any seriousness

Two absolute truths:

1. There will never be a nuclear war now or in the future.

2. No country can be 100% secure from BMDs however sophisticated. Some missiles will always be able to get through. And even one missile could spell disaster.

Well that actually is a good thing, no fear of war means we both can work on trying to improve the lives of our people

i think this writer is obsessed with Pakistan .. instead of calling Pakistani stablishment in under pressurr i always think indian is always under pressure this whole artical is and there are 100 more comming to show off that we have this and that...
Pakistan is not matching missile to missile since India's population is humangos we are keeping everything which will defend our land that puts extra pressure on india to develop more and more.. Pakistan have first use policy but india is agressor and his missile will not defend if she tried anything funny which she knows other wise 1.30 billion people with 200 million have no match.
india sud drive safely what ever is driving them cuz they know we are the Match.

article is just calculating the budget from legal resources, why do we just forget that to meet its defence needs armies around the world also use illegal means to prop up their defence expenditure.
Armies use sponsors, drug trafficking and other heinous acts to do this. so it is one side of the coin. and BTW defence always comes first for pakistanis no matter whether they eat grass or food..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom