What's new

India's Mars mission to begin its 10-month journey on October 28

You have to admit it's not just announcement ....they have spacecraft and rocket launcher which is almost ready for the mission ...

True. But won't it be wise to wait until mission success to laud the achievement?

True. But won't it be wise to wait until mission success to laud the achievement?

Am sure you have a lot of Champagne bottles and party gals at the ready if the mission is a failure :) Have a great time if that happens.

Am sure you have a lot of Champagne bottles and party gals at the ready if the mission is a failure :) Have a great time if that happens.

Why would I do that? Space achievements are more so the achievements of human kind than just a national achievement.

I don't get one thing guys ....

Why is Pakistan so obsessed with Nukes & India when millions of Pakistanis cant even write their name :undecided:...:D:D
Oi dumbass are you comparing our nuclear program with your space program when you also have a nuclear program, Nuclear Deterrence is vital for our survival, The question here is that is India's Space program vital for its survival ???

Oi dumbass are you comparing our nuclear program with your space program when you also have a nuclear program, Nuclear Deterrence is vital for our survival, The question here is that is India's Space program vital for its survival ???

Hmmm...There is some thing for you.

India spends 70 billion pounds an year on poverty alleivation programs.

Now what is the annual budget of ISRO?It was 1.2 billion last year,and just 960 million dollars,this year.

Now whats the budget of Mars mission?

Rs 450 crore !!!!

And thats for the entire timeline,from the developmental phase-which started an year back to the completion of mission.So its 3 years.

Thats a very small amount,I would say.

@Fattyacids

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed ideally that should be the case . But hey. nobody is celebrating yet . At the same time I support pre launch activities including public declarations ....I believe biggest achievement of Mars mission would be sensitization of our youth and the bright minds it will attract towards science ....

You will agree the biggest wealth of any country is its people . If Mars mission publicity is going to be used as bait for new generation....then why not ?

I completely believe that the tertiary or quaternary objectives of such mission are more important than its immediate or primary aims !

In that sense I totally support pre launch activity including publicity campaign of the mission.

Hay dumbass, Why you need nukes when India have a 'no first use policy'....??

Regarding benefits of space program.....

According to NASA,

"For every dollar they spend on the space program, the U.S. economy receives about $8 of economic benefit."..:sick:

NASA - NASA Past and Future: A Personal Memoir

ISRO

ISRO close to signing deals for launch of 3 foreign satellites | Business Line

Atleast ISRO is doing something productive.....

If you still have any doubts, ask the same to your govt for wasting $75 million for an useless agency called SUPARCO..:lol:

U didn't had Nukes for more than 50 years. Your country survived..

Hmmm...There is some thing for you.

India spends 70 billion pounds an year on poverty alleivation programs.

Now what is the annual budget of ISRO?It was 1.2 billion last year,and just 960 million dollars,this year.

Now whats the budget of Mars mission?

Rs 450 crore !!!!

And thats for the entire timeline,from the developmental phase-which started an year back to the completion of mission.So its 3 years.

Thats a very small amount,I would say.

@Fattyacids

Absolute number doesn't tell the story, it's the poverty level relative to spending ratio that does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute number doesn't tell the story, it's the poverty level relative to spending ratio that does.

Do you even know what you are talking about?????

India's mars mission costs about 450 crores, where as GOI's food security bill costs us lakhs of crores.

do not behave like moron.

Do you even know what you are talking about?????

India's mars mission costs about 450 crores, where as GOI's food security bill costs us lakhs of crores.

do not behave like moron.

LOL, 450 crores does not include all your expenditures from the start. Which year are you born?

LOL, 450 crores does not include all your expenditures from the start. Which year are you born?

The expenditure is very very low. This is not CCP police state where people has to listen what your oppressor has to say.

This is India and the figures are clearly visible. Stop your trolling as if China has done better.

copycat chinese and their pathetic trolling.

450 crore = 4500 million Rupees = 80 Million Dollars

We can for sure afford that much. Thanks for your concern though

The expenditure is very very low. This is not CCP police state where people has to listen what your oppressor has to say.

This is India and the figures are clearly visible. Stop your trolling as if China has done better.

copycat chinese and their pathetic trolling.

YOu are absolutely right, it is India, the world's most corrupted country from government and institution down to businesses and individual. India first discovered water on mar, LOL. Remember the article India had higher internet household than Japan? Corruption, scams and lies are so rampant that it renders everything irrelevant, including human IQ.

CCP is no police state and cheats do happen, but Chinese data are many times more reliable as it is closely studied and validated by many international institutions.

Back
Top Bottom