What's new

India's loss, America's gain

reverse - brain drain is happening. its full circle.. they bring new perspective back to india. eventually things will change. at tortoise pace though !!

Well.. im not sure about the indoctrination part.. I would still be raring to go for an MBA there if I can.. the actual problem is the ever unreliable state of relations. I could go there.. but what if there are tensions again?. I am left nowhere.

If your raring to go for an MBA, your raring to go for an IIM, not an IIT. IIT's are for engineering, IIM's for MBA.

Btw, do check out the average and highest salary offered at IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore or Calcutta. You'd get a nice shock!

If your raring to go for an MBA, your raring to go for an IIM, not an IIT. IIT's are for engineering, IIM's for MBA.

Btw, do check out the average and highest salary offered at IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore or Calcutta. You'd get a nice shock!

IIT too have MBA program.

IIT is no doubt good but their reputation has become to demi god status is because of lack of quality of studies in other engineering college/ universities.

India made a huge mistake by putting all resources into IIT whereas other institutes even lack the basic qualities, that is the reason Narayanan Murthy's son went to Cornell and not to some other Indian university.

This highlights the basic problem why there aren't enough people in India with PhDs or pursuing PhDs since people who are from non-IIT background have a very fractured engineering base and hence most run after MBA once they complete their BTech since 4yrs of studies have made them totally useless :cheers::cheers:

I somewhere read that of the 100000 students graduated from the IITs, 25000 live in US alone and nearly two third work abroad!!!!

Than whats the point of selecting the best brains and spending thousand of crores of tax payers money on them???

IIT is no doubt good but their reputation has become to demi god status is because of lack of quality of studies in other engineering college/ universities.

India made a huge mistake by putting all resources into IIT whereas other institutes even lack the basic qualities, that is the reason Narayanan Murthy's son went to Cornell and not to some other Indian university.

This highlights the basic problem why there aren't enough people in India with PhDs or pursuing PhDs since people who are from non-IIT background have a very fractured engineering base and hence most run after MBA once they complete their BTech since 4yrs of studies have made them totally useless :cheers::cheers:

actually there are other good engineering colleges in India apart from IITs. Obviously there are not as good as IITs but still they are pretty decent.here is a list
1.Jadavpur University(WB)
2 DCE(delhi)
3.NIT warangal
4.NIT (trichi)
5.PEC(chandigarh)-Kalpana chawla graduated from here.
6.VIT-vellore
And for research purposes GOI is opening a number of instiutes as well.It will take time for them to grow in reputation though-
1.NISER Orissa
2.IISER Mohali,Kolkata,Pune,..
etc etc

Even in USA there is IVY league and then the rest;)

actually there are other good engineering colleges in India apart from IITs. Obviously there are not as good as IITs but still they are pretty decent.here is a list
1.Jadavpur University(WB)
2 DCE(delhi)
3.NIT warangal
4.NIT (trichi)
5.PEC(chandigarh)-Kalpana chawla graduated from here.
6.VIT-vellore
And for research purposes GOI is opening a number of instiutes as well.It will take time for them to grow in reputation though-
1.NISER Orissa
2.IISER Mohali,Kolkata,Pune,..
etc etc

Even in USA there is IVY league and then the rest;)

I am very sorry to say about your lack of knowledge about US universities and it's a saying "incomplete knowledge is harmful"

IVY league was created basically meant to play inter mural sports.

Some universities which are not IVY but way better than IVY schools

1) Stanford Univ
2) Univ of Calif Berkeley
3) Univ of Illinois Urbana Champign
4) The MIT :woot::woot:
5) Purdue
6) Univ of Washington
7) Univ of Wisconsin Madison
8) U Mich Ann Arbor
9) CalTech
10) U Minn Twin Cities (Best Public research univ in world)
11) Carnegie Mellon Univ
12) Georgia Inst. of Tech

The Indian univ/colleges you have mentioned above are hard to get into but they totally fail to capitalize the brilliant students they accept and teach them courses which are decades old.

Last edited:

I have to agree with this post and the next one too. Indian education system needs a good shake up to throw away the old system, in this context the govt decision to bring in foreign universities is a really good step i think. But at the pace with which things work here it could be a decade also :undecided: However if such thing happens people will have opportunities to pursue higher studies here itself and also may be our universities could ramp up their facilites and standards to beat the competition.

Back
Top Bottom