What's new

India's incoming PM looks forward to strong relations with Sri Lanka

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
May 17, Colombo: India's newly elected Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he is looking forward to strong relations between India and Sri Lanka.

The Incoming PM took to the Twitter to thank the Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa for the President's congratulatory message on his landslide victory.

"@PresRajapaksa It was wonderful speaking to you earlier today. I look forward to strong relations between Sri Lanka & India," Mr. Modi who has over 4 million followers on the social media site tweeted.

Earlier in the day, President Rajapaksa, congratulating Mr. Modi on his landmark win, said that he was glad that Mr. Modi would be able to form a stable government with his party's resounding victory.

The Sri Lankan President also extended an invitation to Mr. Modi to visit Sri Lanka at his earliest convenience.

Sri Lanka : India\'s incoming PM looks forward to strong relations with Sri Lanka

president_modi.jpg

Tamil Parties will not be able to affect India's Sri Lanka policy too much because BJP has a such a strong mandate.

I am too......
jaylalitha was in mood to dominate center politics......par modi ne sara plan hi kharab kar diya...:lol::lol:
itni seat jeet ke bhi koi fayada nai........:dance3:

May 17, Colombo: India's newly elected Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he is looking forward to strong relations between India and Sri Lanka.

The Incoming PM took to the Twitter to thank the Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa for the President's congratulatory message on his landslide victory.

"@PresRajapaksa It was wonderful speaking to you earlier today. I look forward to strong relations between Sri Lanka & India," Mr. Modi who has over 4 million followers on the social media site tweeted.

Earlier in the day, President Rajapaksa, congratulating Mr. Modi on his landmark win, said that he was glad that Mr. Modi would be able to form a stable government with his party's resounding victory.

The Sri Lankan President also extended an invitation to Mr. Modi to visit Sri Lanka at his earliest convenience.

Sri Lanka : India\'s incoming PM looks forward to strong relations with Sri Lanka

president_modi.jpg

This is the advantage of having clear mandate.

Good development.

After a long time, Central govt in India don't need any party's affirmation n vice versa to formulate its foreign policy.

but not when they still support militants against India.
And Similarly if SL keeps killing Indian fishermen how can you expect them to be calm. It's obviously the same situation cause at both sides killing is happening. So gotta look at both sides.

And Similarly if SL keeps killing Indian fishermen how can you expect them to be calm. It's obviously the same situation cause at both sides killing is happening. So gotta look at both sides.
Our fishermen do enter srilankan waters ? But killing part i dont justify.
I know couple of fishermen families in chennai,and one of his cousin from rameshwaram had to swim kms to reach rameshwaram after him boat was destroyed by SL navy.

What killings? Do you think SLN just go there and shoot the illegal Indian (Tamilnadu) fishermen in SL waters without any one hearing or seeing anything?

Everyone except LTTE sympathizers accept that there is no killings but the illegal intentional border crossings by Tamilnadu fishermen thinking SL is like Nepal or Bhutan.

Our fishermen do enter srilankan waters ? But killing part i dont justify.
I know couple of fishermen families in chennai,and one of his cousin from rameshwaram had to swim kms to reach rameshwaram after him boat was destroyed by SL navy.

Don't feel sorry if something happened like wise cuz,

1) Fishermen are illegally crossing an international border to steal some other country's resources.
2) They do it intentionally.

Tamil parties have legitimate demands which takes care of legitimate demands of tamil people, I dont think modi can completely ignore tamil parties, even with full majority.
BJP does not have majority in upper house and need coordination with other parties.

Back
Top Bottom