What's new

India's growth rate drops to slowest in two years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Growth of 6.9% and double digit inflation means you are in a recession, folks!

It's called stagflation. The worse of both worlds!

If this what you have learnt..you should ask for a refund on your college fees.

PS : growth rate mentioned is the real growth rate(if you know ..what it means..you would understand on how silly you sound)

High inflation means that the poorest people are going to have trouble feeding themselves. Coupled with a slowing growth, the RBI is going to have a real trouble, after having raise the interest rates for years with no success. The RBI can either: forget growth and just fight inflation or, lower the interest rates and fuel growth. India is in this deep. It does not have the kind of forex reserve or gold reserve to fight this.

RBI cannot control inflation.

This inflation in India is not because of the reasons that RBI believes it is. I cannot reveal much. I'm afrad the inflation is not going to come down in the foreseeable future.

RBI cannot control inflation.

This inflation in India is not because of the reasons that RBI believes it is. I cannot reveal much. I'm afrad the inflation is not going to come down in the foreseeable future.

A dozen interest rate raise in the last couple of years, the RBI is surely trying to fight inflation. From a purely economic point of view this should have had some effect but we have not seen it. India is still flirting with double digit hyperinflation. Such high borrowing cost is going to hurt economic growth no matter what. Maybe there are other reasons for the inflation, but the RBI lowering rate right now is going to make it much much worse. I am afraid India may be looking at a very painful hard landing right now.

Indians are the very first people to constantly boast about how China will collapse within one or two years, even JackSparrow here. Nothing gives them more joy than to talk about how China's economy will fail, be it ghost cities, food inflation, or any other issue.

And read this article from an Indian "think tank", which predicted that China would collapse immediately after the 2008 Credit Crunch:

The Fall of the Dragon - IDR

It seems that the Indian tendancy of hoping that others will fail... is backfiring on them. Now the Indian GDP growth rate is collapsing, along with double-digit inflation. :no:

Indians are the very first people to constantly boast about how China will collapse within one or two years, even JackSparrow here. Nothing gives them more joy than to talk about how China's economy will fail, be it ghost cities, food inflation, or any other issue.

And read this article from an Indian "think tank", which predicted that China would collapse immediately after the 2008 Credit Crunch:

It seems that the Indian tendancy of hoping that others will fail... is backfiring on them. Now the Indian GDP growth rate is collapsing, along with double-digit inflation. :no:

I love how the article just totally made the numbers up. Per capita income in Beijing and Shanghai in 2008 were almost $10,000 not the article stated $4000, and Chinese farmer's income is more like $2000 a year instead of $400. Unlike India, in China poverty level is defined by exchange rate not PPP. By this definition, China has about 150 million people living under 1.5 dollars a day. So only 150 million live under $500/year.

We had gone through the worst and we will bounce back from this too :)

BJP lead the growth rate through the late 90's and early 80's only after UPA came in power then it decreased and inflation went up people who vote for congress vote for keeping a good portion of the population in poverty and hunger everything bad that has happened to India happened during while Congress was in power or because of their shrewd policies e.g license raj, Shimla agreement, over bureaucratization of gov't leading to excessive red tape, massive corruption and refusal to pass anti corruption legislation, Sikh riots of 1984 and the attack on the Sikhs holiest shrine etc btw UPA asss wipes like to bring up 2002 to BJP whereas Congress directly ordered the attack on a religions holiest shrine and a organized genocide of its people. these are the people who are currently in power oh and thats not all they are led by a foreigner who pulls the strings behind her puppet MMS.

The world is still recovering from the credit crunch in 2008, and recently European crisis has everyone on the jitter. Slow economic growth or even minor recessions in the next few years is to be expected worldwide.

their pain is growing day by day``as long as they feel inferior the 'china collapsing theory' will keep coming out their uneducated propaganda machine``and those intocraps guys will always buy it until the time they meet the earth`lol

i just cant get the idea that they think a report of saying india econimy is slowing down is an act of trolling lol, if thats the case i can imagine the agony they have every single day`:D

an economy of 7% growth combined with double inflation they thinks is still good``

their pain is growing day by day``as long as they feel inferior the 'china collapsing theory' will keep coming out their uneducated propaganda machine``and those intocraps guys will always buy it until the time they meet the earth`lol

i just cant get the idea that they think a report of saying india econimy is slowing down is an act of trolling lol, if thats the case i can imagine the agony they have every single day`:D

an economy of 7% growth combined with double inflation they thinks is still good``

For India, a 7% growth is actually even above average for them after their reform. The reason they talk about 8-9 is because there were a few years of growth with that number. So they thought they could sustain that. But in reality, 6-7% range is what India usually have. Please do not expect India to grow as fast as China as that is still currently not possible.

More worrisome than the 7% "low " growth its the inflation. They are doing the right thing by fighting the inflation first and foremost.

I think this is the result of our new gold exchange destroying the Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley gold short position, costing the US billions of dollars. Every paper currency is going to devalue relative to gold, but some of the weaker ones are going to devalue faster.

China is also whipping the US in the silver markets.

Is China Behind the Big Silver Short? - Seeking Alpha

LOL, Indians are too busy starting China-bashing threads. :lol:

While the Indians continue to "predict" the demise of the Chinese economy, India's own growth rate keeps collapsing, and their double-digit inflation continues unabated.

Instead of being positively focused on their own economy, they are negatively focused on the Chinese economy, which explains why their social indicators have been dropping below Sub-Saharan Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom