What's new

India's Forex Reserves Rising : Close to $400 Billion USD

Yes. Am glad you believe Taiwan is a different country. About time most Chinese accept this.
What do you mean I believe Taiwan is a country?

Rank Country or region Foreign-exchange reserves
(Millions of US$)
Figures as of
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China 3,053,100 Oct 2018[1]
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan 1,252,870 Oct 2018[2]
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland 800,389 May 2018[3]
23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia 506,400 July 2018[4]
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia 466,900 28 Dec 2018[5]
23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Taiwan[6] 461,784 December 2018[7][8]
23px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png
Hong Kong 423,100 Oct 2018[9]
23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
South Korea 403,700 Dec 2018[10]
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India 397,352 11 Jan 2019[11]

Keep shifting the goalposts . It will not help you . Your economy is down the drain and your PM runs barefoot with a begging bowl in Hand from one country to another .

Also India has better GINI index than Pakistan . Source : http://hdr.undp.org/en/content/income-gini-coefficient

Also we have abolished Zamindari unlike you guys. in your country a few people own entire districts becuase of it .

You are very wrong Sir. You are failing to use the correct Imran phraseology. Its no longer called a begging bowl, the correct term to this baksheesh is packages that the PDF mono-mind delights in .

1878538-cartoonthjanuary-1548787644-881-640x480.jpg

We should have $1 trillion reserve by now.

Thats almost 1.5 times the Entire GDP of Pakistan and almost what 30 to 40 times their forex reserve .

In a veey short period of time, India's GDP became 12+ time larger than that of Pakistan from 8 times.

Much more than Pakistn

So post Pakistan's tax data profile then. Lets compare since its the Gini standard. I can compute its Gini for you.

@VCheng

Average guy doing better in Pakistan is not only based on infant mortality. Its a combination of alot of things.

Yeah hence MPI is a good indication of it. Takes health, education, wellbeing of the society into account. HDI is another one. Anyone can see where Pakistan does in those.

I can refer Happiness Index to you.

Some guy starving in the middle of Africa can literally say he feels happier than some guy in a developed country. Means little to their well-being as people do not have the same concepts of "happiness" in the first place...it is a very subjective thing. Its why there is explained portion of the happiness index and "dystopia" portion in first place.

It is why no developmental economist worth their beans takes the "happiness" index as any serious measure of wellbeing. Name me one if not.

Your average Pakistani is much more generous to his neighbour or community in general so the poor get alot of social support. He has much better living conditions being poor with much better sanitation conditions. Cleaner water , better mud houses etc etc. Some of the poor in India are in miserable conditions

Then why does Pakistan do so much worse in MPI and HDI? 3 year survey difference is not going to explain away just how much worse Pakistan is in MPI.

After all these things should reflect (currently, yearly) in its life expectancy, infant mortality, literacy rates and a myriad of other things compared to India. If your sanitation is indeed so much better, why is your infant mortality rate so much higher for example? There have been a plethora of studies linking those two things in high correlation (given the vectors of the most known pathogens when it comes to those 1 year old and younger)....yet it is strangely dissonant in Pakistan.

Are you trying to dispute numbers given by your own media? .

One author/article = media = truth? That's a whole lotta equals signs that seem dubious.

Should I post other things other authors write and say thats the "media" and should not be disputed?

Then why does Pakistan do so much worse in MPI and HDI? 3 year survey difference is not going to explain away just how much worse Pakistan is in MPI.

After all these things should reflect (currently, yearly) in its life expectancy, infant mortality, literacy rates and a myriad of other things compared to India. If your sanitation is indeed so much better, why is your infant mortality rate so much higher for example? There have been a plethora of studies linking those two things in high correlation (given the vectors of the most known pathogens when it comes to those 1 year old and younger)....yet it is strangely dissonant in Pakistan.

Pertinent questions that deserve answers. :D

Or we could just read the touts like Riaz Haq and now ZiaulIslam to pretend that all izz well. And if all izz not well, we still be doing better than the dirty heathens over there.

BTW, a pertinent question: How many months of import cover does India get with its forex reserves?

Last edited:
Pertinent questions that deserve answers. :D

Or we could just read the touts like Riaz Haq and now ZiaulIslam to pretend that all izz well. And if all izz not well, we still be doing better than the dirty heathens over there.

BTW, a pertinent question: How many months of import cover does India get with its forex reserves?

I overall like Ziaulislam though, he is more nuanced than riazhaq....at least for me. I don't have to filter through nearly as much :P

Forex wise we stand at ~ 400 billion. Covers just about 1 year of goods imports...or about 8 - 9 months of total imports. Make it essential imports only, and it would cover lot more longer time....maybe 3 or 4 times longer.

Thus the main utility of the forex is currency buffering now, rather than import coverage (like it was in those precarious days of the early 90s).

Thats almost 1.5 times the Entire GDP of Pakistan and almost what 30 to 40 times their forex reserve .

I really think that once we cross the $500 billion mark, we should focus on diversifying the currency basket with Euros, Ruble and Yuan.

Putting all eggs in one basket is just too unsafe. Euro is still the second-most traded currency on earth and given our ties with EU, they would be more than happy to sell us EURs.

Back
Top Bottom