What's new

India’s first AESA equipped Fighter Jet to make its first flight Soon: Report

fsayed

Reaction score
Country
India
@nair @proud_indian @Roybot @jbgt90 @Sergi @Water Car Engineer @dadeechi @kurup @Rain Man @kaykay @Abingdonboy @SR-91 @nang2 @Stephen Cohen @anant_s

@jbgt90 @ranjeet @4GTejasBVR @The_Showstopper @guest11 @ranjeet

@GURU DUTT @Levina
India’s first AESA equipped Fighter Jet to make its first flight Soon: Report
Published August 5, 2017
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

In an about weeks time, Indian Air-force will be getting first fighter jet which will be equipped with Next Generation Fire Active Electronically Scanned Antenna Control Radar when DARIN III Configuration upgraded Jaguar Indian Air force’s main Strike aircraft will carry out first flight.

Israeli supplied Elta’s ELM-2052 AESA FCR has completed all major Ground trials and along with 28 new sensors, which will also see the integration of indigenous mission computer, First Jaguar aircraft has been prepped for its first flight.

58 Jaguar from IAF fleet with be getting DARIN III Configuration upgrade in next few years to keep India’s main Deep Penetration Strike aircraft technically relevant till 2034 when they are planned to be retired. Next Generation AESA FCR will improve Jaguar’s Target acquiring capabilities to allow it to carry out a pinpoint accurate bombing on designated targets.

Same Elta’s ELM-2052 AESA FCR is also likely to be used on LCA-Tejas MK-1A due to non-completion of development work on DRDO’s Uttam AESAR FCR which currently is going integration with LCA-Tejas aircraft to carry out developmental trials which will span for 2-3 years, followed by Weapon integration trials will not be ready by the time LCA-Tejas MK-1A hits production by 2021.

http://idrw.org/indias-first-aesa-e...ake-its-first-flight-soon-report/#more-143381

I always thought our first AESA equipped aircraft will be Rafale but surprise!! Anyway Tejas mk1A will join the party too. Best thing about EL-2052 is that It comes in many variants and can be fitted to different kind of aircrafts...small or medium!!!

I always thought our first AESA equipped aircraft will be Rafale but surprise!! Anyway Tejas mk1A will join the party too. Best thing about EL-2052 is that It comes in many variants and can be fitted to different kind of aircrafts...small or medium!!!
Bro even uttam will be in production by 2022

I thought that super Sukhois would be the first to get aesa radars, I was wrong.
Congratulations to the IAF for this momentous occasion.

2052 is an excellent radar.

%C0%CC%BD%BA%B6%F3%BF%A4__%BF%A4%C5%B8%BB%E7_EL.M-2052_AESA_radar-defence.pk-%C3%E2%C3%B3.jpg

I think , no one ever though Jaguars will be the first AESA equipped fighter in IAF! @Abingdonboy

the airframe so old, why bother upgrading? why not get an entirely new jet and totally writeoff the jaguar?

Jaguar is a great asset of the IAF.

Will be in service till 2040-50.

the airframe so old, why bother upgrading? why not get an entirely new jet and totally writeoff the jaguar?

'Optimization', sending an MKI to support Chinese invasion of Singapore would be an overkill. The jags can give ground attack support to help the chinese when they roll their tanks into Singapore (airport).

I thought that super Sukhois would be the first to get aesa radars, I was wrong.
Congratulations to the IAF for this momentous occasion.
Sukhois are way far from getting AESA.Lol

Back
Top Bottom