What's new

Indias Exports post double digit growth in August: Trade secretary

Brahmos_2

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India's merchandise exports posted double-digit growth in the month of August, while imports were "contained", trade secretary SR Rao said on Monday, offering some respite for the troubled rupee.

The government will review the export duty on iron ore to boost exports, Rao said. It will also review import duties on non-essential items to curb imports, he added. The trade data for August will be formally released later this week, he said.

The rupee has been hammered down in the ongoing sell-off in emerging currencies as foreign investors readjust their exposure to markets like India, anticipating higher interest rates in the United States.

The rupee hit an all-time low of 68.85 against the dollar last month on concerns over New Delhi's ability to fund its bloated trade deficit.

Exports post double digit growth in August: Trade secretary - The Times of India

Now those morons with false flags will come and burn their as$es .......... :lol:

It will help if the new article actually contained some math figures. what is double digit? 10.00 or 99.00.. what is imports "contained"?

I am absolutely not trolling. I just hope the journalism standards were better.

Short term export gain until the higher importing costs work their way into the system and crush export growth. You watch and see.

I don't trust these numbers either.

It will help if the new article actually contained some math figures. what is double digit? 10.00 or 99.00.. what is imports "contained"?

I am absolutely not trolling. I just hope the journalism standards were better.

It's called Indian boasting propaganda :lol:

Is this double digit gain calculated in rupees or $$?

If in rupees it is not good news at all, because the apparent gain is due to the tanking of the rupees in currency exchange.

Back
Top Bottom