What's new

India’s Emerging Blue-Water Navy

Agreed, if, however, you compare it with the PN then it does make a difference and Pakistan, not China, is more likely to confront India on the sea.

Unfortunately not yet.
There are glaring deficiencies - of the crippling sort.

For starters
1. No Long range SAM on our capital ships. This is practically the MOST crucial acquisition which ensures safety of capital ships during conflict. Without it, the probability of the ship getting shot by missiles is ridiculously high. Barak 1 and Kashtan are not sufficient.

2. No modern submarines. 6 Scorpenes are being built, but at the minimum we need 6 more - for which the govt has not signed any deal.

3. No dedicated AAW frigates.

As of now its not.
I would say IN requires 10 years more before it becomes in true form what you say - a 'game changer'.

India need to stay on the side of the US if it wish to sail the Indian Ocean.

Really? According to you, India would need Mr Yank's permission to sail in the Indian Ocean as the Indian Ocean belongs to the US of A!! Oh yeah! :agree:

Someone needs to see a psychiatrist......and it ain't me!

That's what I meant by overlapping boundary lines. To us, it is our territory. To them, it's theirs. But what you should take away from this that they withdrew without firing/getting fired upon. To a Pakistani, it's a difficult thing to comprehend I guess. :partay:

They did not respond because you were too afraid to fire on them and evict them with force. They probably knew it.

Agreed, if, however, you compare it with the PN then it does make a difference and Pakistan, not China, is more likely to confront India on the sea.
You are right here.
But my thoughts were focused on China in general.

For Pakistan, the Indian Navy is already a game changer with the ability to operate independently and create trouble - forcing PAF to divert its resources to protect the Pakistani coast and near coast installations.

The issues I raised - like the lack of N-LRSAM is related mostly to PLAN. LRSAM is required to protect the capital ships against massed volley's of AShM's. Making the Surface Action Group of the IN truly independent and mostly insulated from air in contested areas like Malacca Straits.

The Barak 1(SR-SAM) and Kashtan are sufficient to protect the capital ships against individual or low numbers of AShM's.

Pakistan as of now does not possess the ability to track and launch a massed volley of AShM's against Indian capital ships in high seas - atleast not without very high costs in the form of loss of assets as well as reduction of air assets from the eastern border which would entail additional loss again from IAF.

Last edited:
In 20 years,you'll be in wheel chair and will need a nurse to push it..its best for you that you should quit thinking about India and start your future planning..

Even Aegis can't protect against large volley of ASHMs..actually,none can.but Barak-8 will be more than capable to counter what is more or less actual threat.why do you always come up with your figment of imaginations???

What I said is true about India. Barak 8 will take for ever to get on Indian ships. India should just send the ships to the US and we'll put on SM3 here for you.
And no TOT.

Really? According to you, India would need Mr Yank's permission to sail in the Indian Ocean as the Indian Ocean belongs to the US of A!! Oh yeah! :agree:

Someone needs to see a psychiatrist......and it ain't me!

What I mean is that in Indian Ocean, USN is the dominant force there.

What I said is true about India. Barak 8 will take for ever to get on Indian ships. India should just send the ships to the US and we'll put on SM3 here for you.
And no TOT.

What I mean is that in Indian Ocean, USN is the dominant force there.
What do you mean in Indian ocean only????? USN is the dominant force in entire ocean.

And no TOT.

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Okay-meme-face-186374.png

From one pain we have made it two pain in West and east .
Lots of indian don't understand that bangladesh is submissive only bcoz of government not bcoz of public ,government come and go so what if anti india government comes and sign a defence pact with pakistan and china.:coffee:

The so called big pain had already been thrashed so many times. The big pain was sliced off from the Eastern border of India. :lol:

From one pain we have made it two pain in West and east .
Lots of indian don't understand that bangladesh is submissive only bcoz of government not bcoz of public ,government come and go so what if anti india government comes and sign a defence pact with pakistan and china.:coffee:

Yes, Its the matter of If. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Mighty Aircraft carrier needs Protection after spending around 3 Billion $ and india is still going to spend 1 billion more for upgrade with Barak missile .:haha:

and who the fcuk is going to attack a carrier coming home from russia :bad: are we @ war with somebody may be Isro have some inside info from his allien friends :ph34r:

We have seen in the past how quickly every thing change in world scenario. and BD is not different their election is very close like us.wait and enjoy :pop:
Yes, Its the matter of If. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

India is strategically surrounded from almost all sides on land by nuclear armed and strong Pakistan and China. How would India project its power through a blue water navy which as I earlier mentioned is merely a symbolic acquisition, particularly when there are more powerful navies operating even in Indian Ocean and would not allow it to be converted into India’s Ocean.

Then Pakistani navy and China should ignore Indian Blue water ambitions and journalistic chest thumping, I am sure the two aircraft CBG's, dedicated naval satellites, And one of the biggest Naval air arm will be no threat to any party in the implied scope of influence...

Then Pakistani navy and China should ignore Indian Blue water ambitions and journalistic chest thumping, I am sure the two aircraft CBG's, dedicated naval satellites, And one of the biggest Naval air arm will be no threat to any party in the implied scope of influence...

Nope.

Isn't that what you just said, IN has no significance, thus PN and PLAAN should just chill and ignore such "ceremonial" acquisition

It was in reply to, I am sure the two aircraft CBG's, dedicated naval satellites, And one of the biggest Naval air arm will be no threat to any party in the implied scope of influence......

Nope.

Back
Top Bottom