What's new

India's dilemma: How to pay for Iranian oil

Only way to "pay" Iran is in a missile attack on Tehran but current govt. has to maintain its votebanks so it cant attack Iran.

Get a life, kid! Why would we attack Iran? We're neither NATO's puppies nor we have any disputes with them.

This thread is about paying monetarily for the oil we import as a part of our mutual trade. :tdown:

Post reported.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

are you retarded ?

Ignore him. Some youngsters get a little too excited watching documentaries of NATO and forget who they are. ;)

That's kinda the whole point of diplomacy... If India forgoes diplomacy with Israel in favor of Iran than my post is sort of irrelevant.

Just once, please tell me how is buying oil going to make Iran any more dangerous than it is for Israel? FYI we're perhaps only next to you in terms of our strategic relationship with Israel. Let me highlight something for you:

- We don't sell weapons to Iran.
- We don't export dual tech to Iran like how you sell to Pakistan as well.
- We don't conduct any weapons JV with Iran (BTW Israel is much ahead and advanced in tech than even we are in some fields)

So how the heck non-military trade would make Iran dangerous?

No evidence that India wants to do so though, and the repercussions (assuming the case against Iran's government is proven as the poster says) would extend beyond simply Israeli relations, but relations with the US and Europe as well.

This is ridiculous. You and Europeans put sanctions on Iran at your own personal free will.

-The sanctions are not ratified by UN: We abide by UN ratified sanctions. Not those implemented by individual countries.
- We are not NATO.
-The sanctions has not been put as a blanket by all P-5.
-There is no arms technology exchange between the two of us.

I don't see why ties with anyone in N America, Europe or Israel should be affected at all.

We have maintained some of the closest ties with countries that are on collision course with each other, for decades and nothing has happened.

As we respect your ties with Pakistan, your political stand of calling our province as disputed, and your insistence that such matters continue to remain like this or progress only via dialogue, we request you to respect our stand as well.

Our relationship with both Israel and Iran are mutually exclusive just as our ties with you and Russia is.

Please respect that.

This alone explain the "insignificance" of India' in world stage. Imagine attacking Israel embassy in Beijing or Washington DC.

Iran was sending a mixed signal to India,
focus on what we are doing, don't try to gain from a situation, ever.

Did you forget to read Iran's official statement denying that they had anything to do with it?? and the burning Tibetans are enough to keep china's significance. And are you seriously accusing Iran of these terrorist incidents?.

Did you forget to read Iran's official statement denying that they had anything to do with it?? and the burning Tibetans are enough to keep china's significance. And are you seriously accusing Iran of these terrorist incidents?.

Let him be happy for once dude. This is the only mode of taking out frustrations. Point at others while finding oneself in a ditch.

To ALL who quoted me

Iran just tried to assasinate an Israeli DIPLOMAT 200m away from PM's residence.
And we still buy oil from such people?

Israel is one of our top defense suppliers so if we care about our armed forces well being we should lead the attack on Iran instead of Israel or Saudi Arabia or USA or UAE.

To ALL who quoted me

Iran just tried to assasinate an Israeli DIPLOMAT 200m away from PM's residence.

Israel is one of our top defense suppliers so if we care about our armed forces well being we should lead the attack on Iran instead of Israel or Saudi Arabia or USA or UAE.
Your another post wasnt any better than 1st, ignore list here we come! Bye bye :wave:

To ALL who quoted me

The investigation is neither complete from Israeli side nor from ours. How can you say that it is Iran? And why would Iran target Israelis in India? Do you seriously think they would want to ruin our good relations just for getting 1 person injured? So far only politicians have exchanged words. Let the results come out and then we will talk.

You seriously need to understand the depth of any situation here. Iran is having a "bilateral problem" with Israel. The situation is mutually exclusive to what we have to do.

What's the proof that Iran attacked the Israeli embassy area?

The last time Israelis were attacked is when our friendly neighbors dropped in to say Hi in Mumbai. Was that Iran too?

And since when do we not have lunatics like SIMI in our own nation?

Listen Israel is a strong country in terms of tackling terror and naturally it has earned a lot of enemies by standing up strong.

We are very supportive of Israel and condemn this attack, but without evidence neither Israel nor we can say Iran has attacked.

So far, only Netanyahu has said Iran has done it. Neither their investigation teams nor ours have said anything based n pure investigation.

the torch relay was for a global event. did you really think the indian government had the guts to sabotage it?

the torch relay for winter olympics was almost destroyed by protestors...not against china or sumthin...but just giving u an example...think b4 u speak

Why respond to an offtopic post? The OP has raised an important issue, better to focus on that.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

To ALL who quoted me

How do you know it is Iran? Isn't that exactly what we are discussing here?

Just once, please tell me how is buying oil going to make Iran any more dangerous than it is for Israel? FYI we're perhaps only next to you in terms of our strategic relationship with Israel. Let me highlight something for you:

Don't believe I ever started any conversation with you about how India buying oil from Iran makes them more dangerous to Israel, but if I had to give one it would be that it gives Iran more breathing room to fund military/defence related research and procurement which is viewed as a threat to Israel, by Israel, for obvious reasons. As for the level of threat, its not that much more imo.
- We don't sell weapons to Iran.
- We don't export dual tech to Iran like how you sell to Pakistan as well.
- We don't conduct any weapons JV with Iran (BTW Israel is much ahead and advanced in tech than even we are in some fields)

So how the heck non-military trade would make Iran dangerous?
More money for the warchest.

This is ridiculous. You and Europeans put sanctions on Iran at your own personal free will.

-The sanctions are not ratified by UN: We abide by UN ratified sanctions. Not those implemented by individual countries.
- We are not NATO.
-The sanctions has not been put as a blanket by all P-5.
-There is no arms technology exchange between the two of us.

India hasn't faced any international condemnation as far as I can tell, or even condemnation from the US and Europe in an official capacity, what are you angry about?
I don't see why ties with anyone in N America, Europe or Israel should be affected at all.

This goes back to the context of what was said. If India had definite proof that the attack on the Israeli embassy in India was sanctioned by the Iranian government, yet sought to cover it up, and Israel found out (by its own investigations or otherwise) relations would take a large hit for reasons I feel should be obvious. Such an official show of support for Iran that contravened the hospitality expected of a host country for embassy personnel would certainly be cause for condemnation from Europe and the US.

We have maintained some of the closest ties with countries that are on collision course with each other, for decades and nothing has happened.

As we respect your ties with Pakistan, your political stand of calling our province as disputed, and your insistence that such matters continue to remain like this or progress only via dialogue, we request you to respect our stand as well.

Within the context of the initial post, wherein it is assumed (by an indian poster) that India would cover up Iranian government involvement should it find proof, that goes quite a bit beyond maintaining neutrality.

Our relationship with both Israel and Iran are mutually exclusive just as our ties with you and Russia is.

Please respect that.

As mentioned, in the context the initial post gave, I couldn't think of a way such an action would not cause a rift with Israel (except through exceptional concealment of said action).

Votebank politics by kongress will affect our ties with Israel now :(
So sad our armed forces have to suffer then

Don't believe I ever started any conversation with you about how India buying oil from Iran makes them more dangerous to Israel, but if I had to give one it would be that it gives Iran more breathing room to fund military/defence related research and procurement which is viewed as a threat to Israel, by Israel, for obvious reasons. As for the level of threat, its not that much more imo.

More money for the warchest.

Indian currency is only partially convertible.(It has current account convertibility but lacks capital account convertibility).Iran would be stuck up with Rupees that we would pay them with and would be able to spend them only on Indian goods.I hate to admit it but India does not exports that would help anyone build a war chest.(our military defence industry is pathetic).Iran probably would be forced to buy Indian Goods in which we are not the best in competition.

India hasn't faced any international condemnation as far as I can tell, or even condemnation from the US and Europe in an official capacity, what are you angry about?

This goes back to the context of what was said. If India had definite proof that the attack on the Israeli embassy in India was sanctioned by the Iranian government, yet sought to cover it up, and Israel found out (by its own investigations or otherwise) relations would take a large hit for reasons I feel should be obvious. Such an official show of support for Iran that contravened the hospitality expected of a host country for embassy personnel would certainly be cause for condemnation from Europe and the US.

Within the context of the initial post, wherein it is assumed (by an indian poster) that India would cover up Iranian government involvement should it find proof, that goes quite a bit beyond maintaining neutrality.

As mentioned, in the context the initial post gave, I couldn't think of a way such an action would not cause a rift with Israel (except through exceptional concealment of said action).

There is practically no chance of coverup by GoI as India require support of International community in case of pakistan sponsered terrorism but they may try to refrain from outright condemnation.Probably blaming hizbollah or something or just issuing a demarche.Nothing Concrete should be expected.

Votebank politics by kongress will affect our ties with Israel now :(
So sad our armed forces have to suffer then

Foreign policy is not run by kids.

Back
Top Bottom