What's new

India’s credibility at stake

Were you under a rock? Chinese not calling themselves superpower? Or did you not read news for the past 40 years. Until recently even after becoming permanent member china hasn't sent a significant amount of troops under blue helmet. Hell BD cares more about world peace than the Chinese.

Why will the Chinese whine and cry when UNSC membership was given to them on a platter in 70's mainly cos the members didn't want UNSC to be seen as a western club which it was and facing accusations all the time.

So thanks for diverting the thread questions and quoting selectively. Chinese will be proud of you man.
Awwh It really hurts doesnt it. Comparing yourself With Chinese LOL. It is your Analyst and your leadership that is aspiring to become powerful and the analogy was used from OP, nothing that i brought on my own. I challenge whatever I have stated is wrong. Everything is proven factually so rather than getting buthhurt how about grow some balls, as for China it has the capacity to stand its ground against US, something that ofc everyone including India lacks, So please dont Bring China here.

So when is India growing balls and sending its Troops to its immediate neighborhood and eliminate so-called Paks strategic depth as suggested by OP.

US is banking on you guys, come on its time to grow balls

Damn and with no toilets around, how long can Indian leadership hold on to its shit,
faced with such Dilemna my sympathies are with them. Diarrhea with no toilets is a worse punishment
you are talking about indians here . a proper toilet is something from the future for them .

Awwh It really hurts doesnt it. Comparing yourself With Chinese LOL. It is your Analyst and your leadership that is aspiring to become powerful and the analogy was used from OP, nothing that i brought on my own. I challenge whatever I have stated is wrong. Everything is proven factually so rather than getting buthhurt how about grow some balls, as for China it has the capacity to stand its ground against US, something that ofc everyone including India lacks, So please dont Bring China here.

So when is India growing balls and sending its Troops to its immediate neighborhood and eliminate so-called Paks strategic depth as suggested by OP.

US is banking on you guys, come on its time to grow balls

Yes. You said India needs to decisive, land troops in foreign countries to be seen as a great power which is a false analogy. China is probably the only country in P5 which hasn't contributed anything to world peace since it became permanent member is my point. Whether Chinese can make up to US todsy isn't the point.
So yes, India can still be a great power even without landing troops in any foreign countries. As of now India is concentrating on social issues which can be seen from the percentage of budget wrt to GDP falling from 2% in 2014 to almost 1.5% now. Lowest in independent India. Landing in Afghanistan will be a quagmire. India should try to secure it's interest without landing a foot or through blue helmets.

I guess simple English is easy to understand.

Yes. You said India needs to decisive, land troops in foreign countries to be seen as a great power which is a false analogy. China is probably the only country in P5 which hasn't contributed anything to world peace since it became permanent member is my point. Whether Chinese can make up to US todsy isn't the point.
So yes, India can still be a great power even without landing troops in any foreign countries. As of now India is concentrating on social issues which can be seen from the percentage of budget wrt to GDP falling from 2% in 2014 to almost 1.5% now. Lowest in independent India. Landing in Afghanistan will be a quagmire. India should try to secure it's interest without landing a foot or through blue helmets.

I guess simple English is easy to understand.

Plz don't tell this to me, it is your analyst in OP who is suggesting as such, I am merely reiterating it. And dontmforget US is propping you to grow balls and have asked you many times. Its matte of time before you succumb to it or become totally irrelevant by losing the credibility

Plz don't tell this to me, it is your analyst in OP who is suggesting as such, I am merely reiterating it. And dontmforget US is propping you to grow balls and have asked you many times. Its matte of time before you succumb to it or become totally irrelevant by losing the credibility

Well it's good in a way that we both are disagreeing the author of this report. If we can lose credibility by rebuffing the US then its totally worth it. India serves her own interest.

Well it's good in a way that we both are disagreeing the author of this report
You're again Misinterpreting me. Please re-read my post I have said in very plain English That I am reiterating what the author is saying. US and west wants india to pla big role and not be a paper tiger made in india and trust me the amount of investment that you have been receiving is for a reason and the payback time is near. GROW SOME BALLS

This is my personal v, here, so please bear with me.
I don't think that negating your antagonist is a wise move for anyone. The great Persian empire the likes of which were never seen before in the world could never dream to be conquered by a young Macedonian king; yet, it was. Similarly, the credibility negation that the populations and popular media hawks of both nations engage in is, in my view, stupid.

Given that, if you recall the early 2000s and the late 90s there was an acronym BRIC: Brazil, Russia, India and China as the next probable superpowers. Brazil and Russia took a detour in getting there but Russia is still a domineering force in the world. However, India and China both agreed that being a belligerent power would be unwise, smartly they never projected the image of a hard power rather than a soft one. Their rise was focused on economics. It has worked, to an extent.

The bump that India is now facing is that it was through the embracing of globalism that it rose. Indeed, it was one of the most favourable nations in that regard but that can only happen if you're a liberal country. Liberalism means something very simple, politically, it is to live and let live. Nothing more, please, don't moralize the term, that we're wont to. The right wing reflux, if you will, that India is experiencing is the problem that it has faced. Some in the reins of power wish to become belligerent but the power houses that got India to that position are largely politically pragmatic and socially liberal because it was economically advantageous to be so. That power base is being perturbed due to the right wing rise (the version that India is experiencing right now) and because these two forces are diametrically opposite to each other, that disparity is coming up in their politics when it comes to dealing with the world.

Take for instance, Afg, as it has historically been at odds with Pakistan, then it makes sense for an Indian-Afghani co-op but here's the problem: Afg is a largely conservative and Muslim nation. It's not difficult for the local populace to be polarized by India's perceived (being neutral here) treatment of their minorities, namely, Muslims. Hence, India is naturally reluctant to place a heavy reliance on Afghanistani politics. The pragmatic class of Afghanistan also appreciates that, as a country, Afghanistan cannot afford to polarize Pakistan and Iran too much because it is a land locked state. I would disagree with the notion of 'Graveyard of the Empires' hypothesis, here. The Afghanistani population also desires peace; their role in the international geopolitical arena has been disadvantageous for their own people.

Here, had India maintained the image it was projecting before (to whatever degree of accuracy) of being a Hindu majority state with a Sikh PM and a Muslim President would have helped but the current image is building up a level of discomfort that cannot be easily negated - International and domestic images are hard to differentiate in the 21st century.

However, I would still not write them off. India has shown their ability to be pragmatic when the need arose and that can happen again. Hence, all analyses need to be done with that in mind.

I apologize for any offense I may have caused. Thank you.

You're again Misinterpreting me. Please re-read my post I have said in very plain English That I am reiterating what the author is saying. US and west wants india to pla big role and not be a paper tiger made in india and trust me the amount of investment that you have been receiving is for a reason and the payback time is near. GROW SOME BALLS

Me: Put your hands in a grinder or blender.
You: Oh no. I wont. I will lose fingers. Are you stupid?
Me: Grow some balls.

This is an exact scenario which you are asking India to do. Time will tell which one of us is stupid.

Me: Put your hands in a grinder or blender.
You: Oh no. I wont. I will lose fingers. Are you stupid?
Me: Grow some balls.

This is an exact scenario which you are asking India to do. Time will tell which one of us is stupid.
Grow Balls bcoz. It is not like you have never landed your troops in Foreign countries, You have landed your troop in the countries that required your assistance, and landed also when you intervened in the border of a sovereign nation and slicing it into two, so the reason why I ask this is bcoz the capacity is there the only thing lacking is Balls

US has high expectations from you

Grow Balls bcoz. It is not like you have never landed your troops in Foreign countries, You have landed your troop in the countries that required your assistance, and landed also when you intervened in the border of a sovereign nation and slicing it into two, so the reason why I ask this is bcoz the capacity is there the only thing lacking is Balls

US has high expectations from you
JUST got remembered of my mom. Whenever she wants something done, she will tell what will our relatives /neighbors think of us? Do this do that. The end goal is what we want.
Indians have high expectations from Indian govt. We don't care what US wants from us. Anyway let's end this agree to disagree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom