What's new

India's cows producing 'toxic' milk

Found another blog with a much more comprehensive coverage of the Goshala. @Hermione Do visit the place once if you haven't. It's very pleasant and peaceful. My paternal uncle had also donated a Malnad Gidda cow to the Goshala upon it's inception.
A Protest of Romance: Amritadhara Goshala

Oh wow are you from Gokrana? Very sweet people. I so much wanted to be a farmer and have my own farmland.

Oh wow are you from Gokrana? Very sweet people. I so much wanted to be a farmer and have my own farmland.

My ancestry is from North Kanara. But not exactly from Gokarna. Have many relatives there though. And yeah, we're quite gentle and simple folks there. Our Malnad region is really a paradise for Man and Animal alike! :)

I've had the pleasure of working on farms with cousin brothers during semester holidays. Nothing quite matches the satisfaction of a hard day's work in the fields and plantations. :yes4:

My ancestry is from North Kanara. But not exactly from Gokarna. Have many relatives there though. And yeah, we're quite gentle and simple folks there. Our Malnad region is really a paradise for Man and Animal alike! :)

I've had the pleasure of working on farms with cousin brothers during semester holidays. Nothing quite matches the satisfaction of a hard day's work in the fields and plantations.
:yes4:

Hear hear to that.

A couple of years ago I worked on a New Zealand farm for the lols. Nothing quite like it :)

Hear hear to that.

A couple of years ago I worked on a New Zealand farm for the lols. Nothing quite like it :)

Always makes me ask this question: Who're the blessed folks really? I've also interacted with a few German farmers here and they really seem to be the happiest lot.:-)

Our Malnad region is really a paradise for Man and Animal alike

Yeah Malnad is awesome. I have been to Coorg so many times. Each trip unique. One house stay I was in I just could not take my eyes off the greenery. It was out of this world.

Lucky you.

Always makes me ask this question: Who're the blessed folks really? I've also interacted with a few German farmers here and they really seem to be the happiest lot.:-)

Happiness can come from many different things. Working on a farm is all great fun but only for a few days, atleast that was the case for me.

The blisters get to you :P

Happiness can come from many different things. Working on a farm is all great fun but only for a few days, atleast that was the case for me.

The blisters get to you :P

Not a problem for Rednecks like me. :lol: I find the monotony of rural life much more appealing than the regularity of City life.

Yeah Malnad is awesome. I have been to Coorg so many times. Each trip unique. One house stay I was in I just could not take my eyes off the greenery. It was out of this world.

Lucky you.
Hehe...Thanks.:-) My sem holidays always felt like time well-spent. I'd stay at my ancestral place for two weeks at least. Tried my hand at milking a cow once and got kicked where it hurts the most.:lol:

Hehe...Thanks. My sem holidays always felt like time well-spent. I'd stay at my ancestral place for two weeks at least. Tried my hand at milking a cow once and got kicked where it hurts the most.

While I have never worked on a farm, I literally grew up in a countryside kind of environment that too in Bombay. Idyllic really. Once was at my friend's house and there were like thousands of fireflies all around. I need to run away from the city.

Not a problem for Rednecks like me. :lol: I find the monotony of rural life much more appealing than the regularity of City life.

Well I suppose it depends on where you work. If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life:)

While I have never worked on a farm, I literally grew up in a countryside kind of environment that too in Bombay. Idyllic really. Once was at my friend's house and there were like thousands of fireflies all around. I need to run away from the city.

Hell yeah! Aren't they a beautiful sight on a dark night. They swarm by the thousands just after monsoons, and the effect is magical!:tup:

Well I suppose it depends on where you work. If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life:)

True that. One must be really lucky to know what kind of work he truly finds enjoyable, and have the will to pursue it. I am yet to find the will to turn into a farmer. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom