What's new

India's Commonwealth Games bills still not paid

so let's say a company is found to have offered a bribe to kandaly or whatever his name is.

Now what? India refuses to pay for the job done?

Delaying payment seems a little pointless. It's not like everyone in India doesn't bribe each other.

Well the companies can always drag India to court but if they acquired contracts through kickbacks...

The present Cong govt of Delhi is to blame for all this fiasco. CM Shiela Dixit is hand in glove with Kalmadi. These people have ruined our reputation

What reputation? Seriously? CWG was disaster from the very beginning

Well the companies can always drag India to court but if they acquired contracts through kickbacks...

Too convenient. It's almost like India knew he would take bribes, then they can lock him up and refuse to pay.

Taking bribes for contracts would have been very normal for this CWG. They should pay up and launch an investigation after if this is really genuine.

Too convenient. It's almost like India knew he would take bribes, then they can lock him up and refuse to pay.

Taking bribes for contracts would have been very normal for this CWG.

Maybe.But getting thrown in jail regardless of being an important minister is a first for India.Ergo,I fully support the CWG probe.

The aggrieved parties could always approach the courts to settle the payments.So why are you having your monthly menstruation over it.

Taking bribes for contracts would have been very normal for this CWG. They should pay up and launch an investigation after if this is really genuine.

I don't understand this "India must pay attitude". Pakistani company was not involved. Chinese companies wasn't. Indian reputation is at stake, what's left it. You really don't have any say over this. Aggrieved parties are free to take legal actions. At the end. all this concerns India and India only, right? I would understand your concern if some Pakistani company was denied payment.

The final straw for Ric is the fact that he still has not been paid. He says he is owed $350,000 (£225,000) and the Indian government has not told him why he has not received his money.

"They don't answer correspondence, they've changed their phone numbers, they've changed their email address," he told me. "It's a rogue action."

Ric is not the only one in this situation.

According to a list compiled by foreign governments, of the 32 international contractors employed to help run the games, only two have been paid in full.

The total debt amounts to more than $80m (£50m) and some of the companies are now in danger of folding.

Their experience seems to support a recent World Bank survey which found that India was one of the hardest places in the world in which to do business, coming a lowly 134th out of 183 countries.

sounds like wonderful people to do business with....

I had a dinner two days ago with an official from the South Asia desk @ the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative -- a medium budget entity which deals with trade-relations and reports directly to the White House

Though the focus of our talk was Pakistan and US-Pak trade relations and development -- in passing, she told me her personal nightmares of having to deal with the bharti bureaucracy...many sounding very similar to what was noted in ''Birch's '' account of it.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Australia pressurised India over unpaid bills and bills were promptly paid. I guess Britain will have to bring it to the notice of GOI

Krishna assures Rudd over unpaid CWG bills | Liveindia

i wonder if they ever paid the indians for the destroyed hotel rooms and the washing machines which were flung over balconies....
u bhartis should have put that on the 'hisab' :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom