What's new

India's colonial hangover: Why the police still resort to lathi-charges

They are far more economical than
i. Rubber bullets
ii. Water cannons
iii. Tear gas
And dont the US cops (the so called guardians of human rights) also use batons charges to disperse unruly mobs in the states.:rolleyes:

This article is bullcrap.

believe me it is still last resort almost always. Those who get it means they have defied the warnings
I don't doubt that but there are better tactics that are more effective in securing the overall objective than the "lathi charge".

And dont the US cops (the so called guardians of human rights) also use batons charges to disperse unruly mobs in the states.:rolleyes:

This article is bullcrap.
But they are white and right.

The length of the lathi, the cost of the lathi, the weight of the lathi - makes it easier for the police to use in mob situations dispersal situations.

You can't have a 1.5 foot baton to discipline indian mobs - they are a different breed.

A grenade that releases gas made out of bamboo shoot would deter even the likes of Kejru.

The protesters should be sent on a trial basis to new york , where I have seen the police using pepper spray forcibly been sprayed in to the eyes of protesting women, battered with batons and not lathis, rubber bullets, handcuffed and pushed to the ground, and taken to the police station and cavity searched, Indian police are very mild compared to other countries.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom