What's new

India's caste system goes back 2,000 years, genetic study finds

Sorry to bust the bubble.

"mlecchādhipatayo 'bhūvann
udīcīḿ diśam āśritāḥ
turvasoś ca suto vahnir
vahner bhargo 'tha bhānumān"

The only geographical reference is 'bhuvann'. There is no reference to Aryabharta, Bharatvarsha etc. This is not taking about India. It speaks of the top of the world. Most probably the fierce mountainous tribes from Kamboja.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...ars-genetic-study-finds-11.html#ixzz2cPe8lJbR

dadi=bihar
nani=u.p.
nana=bombay
dada=some sort of pathan but too confusing to be sure

Dadi/Nani would be some Hindu caste/could be any.

Nana & Dada,less likely to be of Hindu caste but we can say for sure.

Nana coukd be of Gujarati and tell me more about Dada.

what you claim contradicts with the statement made by

please resolve the inconsistency among st your selves, thanks

I dont see any contradiction.

Kutchi/Gujarati.

Haan toh sab ke sab Hindu castes hain.

@bronxbull Apa - What about me....what would be my cast ? :azn:

I'm a Kashmiri Butt (Bhat as you call them) ! :undecided:

My Grandpa said, apparently he kept a family tree manuscript of ours going back a few hundred years, that we were Hindu Brahmin ! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

My Grandpa said, apparently he kept a family tree manuscript of ours going back a few hundred years, that we were Hindu Brahmin ! :unsure:

You make everyone in punjab who says his caste is kashmiri as "butt" which is absolutely wrong. You dont know much about kashmiri caste people in punjab. For example my family is from a village and all our ancestors has been from surrounding villages and all used to do agriculture and were not "educated" people, neither are we seen as educated caste in my area. We are simply kashmiri farmers who make 70% of population in kashmir valley and are not "butt" by caste. We use "butt" as a surname but we know that we are not related to hindus at all and hence cannot be "butt". In punjab every tom and dick who came from kashmir was called "butt" by local punjabis because in punjabi culture people like to group other people under one banner. So people with "butt" surname are related to each other only as much as different punjabi castes like jatt, arain , gujjar or lohar are related to one another. Why I am saying this because you usually equate butt=kashmiri which is absolutely wrong, it is a historic mistake and it also explains why many people with "butt" surname in punjab look so different from each other. For example i remember when once i with my uncle met with some lahori butt sahab and he was uncomfortable with us when we said we are also "butt" because we looked like afghans which is not surprising because we are not descended from hindu "butt" brahmin people but are descended from normal kashmiri muslim cultivators or kashmir who are more related to people of gilgit and chilas etc.. The real "butt" brahmin coverts of kashmir look more indian than us kashmiri village folk descendants

Saraswat Brahman.

Like Our Father ! :pakistan:

Jinnah is from Kathiawar,Not Kutch.

Kashmiri Pandit,Sarawast Brahman.

I once read that many Hindu converts too took the title of Khan.

Idk, my grand father know most of his own grand parents names and those are all proper sounding pathan names

You make everyone in punjab who says his caste is kashmiri as "butt" which is absolutely wrong. You dont know much about kashmiri caste people in punjab. For example my family is from a village and all our ancestors has been from surrounding villages and all used to do agriculture and were not "educated" people, neither are we seen as educated caste in my area. We are simply kashmiri farmers who make 70% of population in kashmir valley and are not "butt" by caste. We use "butt" as a surname but we know that we are not related to hindus at all and hence cannot be "butt". In punjab every tom and dick who came from kashmir was called "butt" by local punjabis because in punjabi culture people like to group other people under one banner. So people with "butt" surname are related to each other only as much as different punjabi castes like jatt, arain , gujjar or lohar are related to one another. Why I am saying this because you usually equate butt=kashmiri which is absolutely wrong, it is a historic mistake and it also explains why many people with "butt" surname in punjab look so different from each other. For example i remember when once i with my uncle met with some lahori butt sahab and he was uncomfortable with us when we said we are also "butt" because we looked like afghans which is not surprising because we are not descended from hindu "butt" brahmin people but are descended from normal kashmiri muslim cultivators or kashmir who are more related to people of gilgit and chilas etc.. The real "butt" brahmin coverts of kashmir look more indian than us kashmiri village folk descendants

Pathans are not original kashmiris.

Of course, most of us would have been Hindu or Buddhist at some point.

Buddhist sab Mar gayein.

Back
Top Bottom