What's new

India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media

As many Chinese suggested there is nothing to worry about. It's a deal between Master and slave... Now go to sleep. U hardly had one in past couple of years china

It's been 70 years since our western neighbor slept :D

Then bring up specific issues you think surrender India's sovereignty
Relax!
I didn't even mention the word sovereignty. Lolz
Were you high when you quoted me? :lol:

Was I mentioning you?
Haha
You gotta be kidding me.
You quote me and say all that and then you say you didn't mention my name in one of the sentences. What should I make of it?
@Nilgiri ??? What's wrong?:rolleyes:

Back to the topic>>>
My post was merely about Russia's (possible) reaction to Indian decisions.

Haha
You gotta be kidding me.
You quote me and say all that and then you say you didn't mention my name in one of the sentences. What should I make of it?
@Nilgiri ??? What's wrong?

I clearly said:

I can understand....but all those crying that this is the end of Indian sovereignty are engaging in childish theatricals.

Did I say you?

So relax!

It's probably only you for the most part, the Russians run their own policies..even siding with the chinese. We run our own policy. If they had any issues they would have said it to our face. The Russians very well know that India will not harm their interests and vice versa.
Ruskies are upfront. Yes.
I merely said that there's a progressive deterioration in our relations, the signs of which might be visible soon. It might be as subtle as derating their equipments further when selling it to India.
Did India react to Russia thawing its relationship with Pakistan?
But I hope you're right. :)

Did I say you?

So relax!
You quote me, then you say "all those crying".
Are you really in your senses?lol
And you dare talk to me like that again.

You quote me, then you say "all those crying".

Since when does quoting mean absolutely everything said after is addressed to the quotee?

Will you let this go please? I did not mean you in that statement.

Thanks for the tag.
Is it just me or do others too feel that Russia might not react immediately to the news but will slowly start distancing itself from India? It will be a logical next step from Russia's perspective.
What happens to projects like Akula?
Is it not true that US has been generating data on Indian submarine, along with Russian one's (for obvious reasons)?
A nuclear submarine has no IFF, which works in the favour of India and Russia if we were to use similar submarines. Will Russia be able to trust India after LEMOA?
It was declared that India is not going to turn into an American base, but it would be wrong to assume that LEMOA would primarily benefit India, that's being naive to American intentions. JMHO!

Only you and few others. But it is just a feeling

Pakistan had enough pride that they did not sign a "LEMOA" with China and allow Chinese troops to use Pakistani bases at will. :P

You need an agreement for that? You already have troops in Baltistan

The pact can, or rather will, irk China. For pakistan, well, they got irked by the name India itself.

The bigger picture!!!!! EMALS will come ....
Look at it in the context of political posturing. There is ALWAYS a tradeoff.

Unlike what many may like to call as Modi's foolishness, there is a strong team cutting across political affiliations guiding his actions.

Look at PMO! @jbgt90 will be able to shed some light on it if he feels like it. Collate why all political parties backed him fully on the Pakistan policy now.
When it comes down to it most political parties always put the good of the nation first , sure there are some who try to score political points but thats to be expected. If you go by history all political parties in India have stood with the govt on issues regarding Pakistan . While they may voice their opinions in private they never do so publicly .

After the reshuffle things have gotten better , the Govt has now started to reach out to the Opposition and the opposition has responded positively . Many of the older ministers (you know who i mean ) had this confrontational policy towards the opposition .
I guess the treasury benches found out that today's opposition will be tomorrows govt. Also if they do not perform they will perish .

Last edited:
When it comes down to it most political parties always put the good of the nation first , sure there are some who try to score political points but thats to be expected. If you go by history all political parties in India have stood with the govt on issues regarding Pakistan . While they may voice their opinions in private they never do so publicly .

After the reshuffle things have gotten better , the Govt has now started to reach out to the Opposition and the opposition has responded positively . Many of the older ministers (you know who i mean ) had this confrontational policy towards the opposition .
I guess the treasury benches found out that today's opposition will be tomorrows govt. Also if they do not perform they will perish .

Thanks for the pragmatic and insightful post.

Thanks for the tag.
Is it just me or do others too feel that Russia might not react immediately to the news but will slowly start distancing itself from India? It will be a logical next step from Russia's perspective.
What happens to projects like Akula?
Is it not true that US has been generating data on Indian submarine, along with Russian one's (for obvious reasons)?
A nuclear submarine has no IFF, which works in the favour of India and Russia if we were to use similar submarines. Will Russia be able to trust India after LEMOA?
It was declared that India is not going to turn into an American base, but it would be wrong to assume that LEMOA would primarily benefit India, that's being naive to American intentions. JMHO!
Seriously , how so ?

If a distant country like US is a economic rival who wants to stamp out Russian influence. What is the next door country china, a friend? China in the long run is the biggest threat to russia territory wise & also for sphere of influence.

US-India relation ==== China - Russia relation , both are based on current scenarios where their interests align but they are not allies. Long term geo-political strategy dictates russia-india to tag along. There might be some noises from russia but they do know that with china in focus they will get some breathing space. If at all US finally cuts & runs from asia after India next country will be russia with mongolia & siberia on the table for taking.

Long term geo-political strategy dictates russia-india to tag along. There might be some noises from russia but they do know that with china in focus they will get some breathing spac
Did you say China?
Lol
I hope you know China and Russia had signed a Sino-Russia friendship treaty in 2001, article 9 of which is seen as an implicit defence pact between the two.
So do not assume China and Russia to be bitter enemies.

Only you and few others. But it is just a feeling
Yes mine is just a feeling. Your's must be a concrete block. :coffee:

@Levina
There is definitely going to be some Russian change of diplomatic course, although it is difficult to predict what & when?
After Ukrainian crisis happened and later situation in Syria, Russia has taken, what seems like an anti US ideological stand.
I don't think India leaning towards US necessarily means irking Russia but we can definitely see relations between two nations not as warm as they used to be.
Or is it just a perception, for we donot know what goes behind curtains and a few arms deals lost or gained here and there donot necessarily imply relations turning sour.
I would love to see you or some senior member dwell upon this topic taking into account Sino-Russian relations.

@Levina
There is definitely going to be some Russian change of diplomatic course, although it is difficult to predict what & when?
After Ukrainian crisis happened and later situation in Syria, Russia has taken, what seems like an anti US ideological stand.
I don't think India leaning towards US necessarily means irking Russia but we can definitely see relations between two nations not as warm as they used to be.
Or is it just a perception, for we donot know what goes behind curtains and a few arms deals lost or gained here and there donot necessarily imply relations turning sour.
I would love to see you or some senior member dwell upon this topic taking into account Sino-Russian relations.

Russia will be fine. They're palling up with Turkey lately even after the Turks shot down their aircraft not too long ago.

The strategic element with them evaporated after cold war ended. Its almost strictly a transactional/economic relationship now....a large one that keeps Pakistani paws off Russian military hardware for the most part....which will continue

Aw ...... :(

We are doing a fine balancing act;)
Yes, we are.

I actually find merit in @Indika 's point
Do you assume that Russia is incapable of a balancing act or that only India is capable of such diplomacy? :)
As I said, the 2001 Sino Russia friendship treaty was a big turn around in their relationship.
It was described as ''an act of friendship against America" way before Ukraine issue happened. @anant_s
The treaty clearly says "If a threat of aggression arises,the two sides will immediately make contact with each other and hold consultations in order to eliminate the emerging threat".
If this is not a sign of military cooperation between the 2 giants then I don't know what is?
Add to it the fact that Russia recognises Taiwan as an integral part of China.
Now that's about Russia and China.

I'm not saying LEMOA is gonna turn India's relationship with Russia sour. As I said earlier, there will be only subtle changes, but India is definitely drifting away from Russia. Now this doesn't mean India will turn into US's satellite.
The recent developments indicate that as a country India is getting more independent. On certain issues it has a pro Russia stance while in others it supports US.
But yes, relations with Russia are not going to be as warm as they used to be during 80-90's.

Back
Top Bottom