What's new

India's AMCA Shape Tweaked Again?

30 damn years for LCA and is still snailing....How much for AMCA??????????????:hitwall:

i say leave it sont waste time and money mate invest in russian T-50
India is already investing $ 6 billion on T 50, in addition to the $3 billion on FGFA............
And we do need a replacement for our MiG 27's and Jaguars.:agree:

GOI cant close down DRDO and other Labs coz its provides millions of indians direct or indirect employment.You can take DRDO etc in as an example of of welfare programs on the scale of MGNREGS where GoI provides 100 days of guarantee employment to every villagers in rural areas.

At least this shows that the work is in progress.

BTW what does the colours signify?

T-50 is a a Heavy 5th gen Air superiority Multi role Fighter

AMCA --Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft. .Both have there respective place.

30 damn years for LCA and is still snailing....How much for AMCA??????????????:hitwall:
amca will have FOC by 2030 according to saraswat......"If we as nation are able to operationalise AMCA by 2030, we will be doing fairly good as far as IAF aircraft inventory is concerned.”
Agni-III could be modified for use as anti-satellite weapon, says DRDO chief - Indian Express

good that they have been given development time and they have set realistic goals, we are not in a hurry now as FGFA,mmrca and sukhoi upgrades can suffice.................

Tweaked again? Nope! I think they're making an aircraft that has the capability of in-flight morphing! That's why you see different shapes each time you log on to NAL's web site!! Jeeez! :lol:

Tweaked again? Nope! I think they're making an aircraft that has the capability of in-flight morphing! That's why you see different shapes each time you log on to NAL's web site!! Jeeez! :lol:

ahhahahhaha good one bro....They are actually making a transformer.

Any decision about the kaveri yet ?? Because lots depend on that project, will they complete it before 2016-17 or not ??
I hope they don't go for foreign engine again..

Any decision about the kaveri yet ?? Because lots depend on that project, will they complete it before 2016-17 or not ??
I hope they don't go for foreign engine again..

There is no doubt that this plane will fly on foreign engine..
Kaveri is under powered and is only usefull for light usav.

There is no doubt that this plane will fly on foreign engine..
Kaveri is under powered and is only usefull for light usav.
You didn't understand my question buddy..
I w+as asking about the joint development with snecma. Is it still in pipeline or they seriously working on it ??
Coz looking at current development of kaveri, I don't think we will get the perfect f-414 kind of engine by 2015..

T-50 is a a Heavy 5th gen Air superiority Multi role Fighter

AMCA --Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft. .Both have there respective place.

Not in IAF, because with LCA MK2, Rafale and even the huge fleet of MKIs, we have the 2nd line ready and available for the next 30 years. Also with FGFA and AURA, there is no role left where the AMCA would be better in A2A or A2G.
The only real use would be in Indian Navy, since they have no 5th gen fighter yet and the medium class fighter would fit better to a carrier than a naval FGFA.

Not in IAF, because with LCA MK2, Rafale and even the huge fleet of MKIs, we have the 2nd line ready and available for the next 30 years. Also with FGFA and AURA, there is no role left where the AMCA would be better in A2A or A2G.
The only real use would be in Indian Navy, since they have no 5th gen fighter yet and the medium class fighter would fit better to a carrier than a naval FGFA.

AMCA - Deep penetration Strike, Nuclear Strike, Dedicated ground attack. (replacement for jag's and mig 27)

Back
Top Bottom