What's new

India's AMCA Shape Tweaked Again?

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW+AMCA+SHAPE.jpg

This new image from the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL) depicts a so far unknown shape configuration of India's Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), a step up from this configuration that was revealed in June this year, this configuration put out in February last year and this one the year before in 2010. The most notable change on the new configuration is clearly the Hornet-like leading edge extensions, absent on all of the earlier shape configurations. The June configuration was notable for a fully altered wing planform, which carries forward on this new shape.

old configurations

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-22FER06k1IQ/T-Lt62giAqI/AAAAAAAAQlo/eVNJ4xYyoMk/s1600/AMCA.JPG

MCA+CUTAWAY+1.JPG

Livefist: India's AMCA Shape Tweaked Again?

cancel the project if these are the desiegn they are going to come up with..:.It reminds me more of ''Iran's Saeqeh''

cancel the project if these are the desiegn they are going to come up with..:.It reminds me more of ''Iran's Saeqeh''

Are you a aviation expert??????? huh

Iran Saeqeh is a diff type of plane and more importantantly it's design is derived from a F-5 which has no resemblence with AMCA

This are some random designs that keep popping up every now and then.

What exactly does NAL have to do with AMCA project at the moment? Nothing. And you believe that NAL knows how the design will be? That sketch is nothing but some random image of AMCA help up by NAL guys who always do that to have a list of on-going projects imagery at their office. That's hardly accurate.

Remember the pictures of a chubby AMCA (which looked more like Tejas MK-III or something) held by HALBIT (HAL & Israeli Elbit JV) at Defexpo 2012?? These images are just for showing that the products that a particular company is building are supposed to go aboard that plane. NAL has nothing to do with AMCA's design at all.

There is a recent cutaway image from Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) (the company that actually designs the jet) showed some months ago - here its is, looks good and mature, much like F-22 copy, but looks like work on the inner IWBs and architecture is ongoing -

Govt companies make some random drawing coz they're hands can't saty at one place and guys like this Shiv Aroor are born to make an issue out of it and discourage people about indigenous efforts at construction of advanced jet fighters. Such people should be punished. This guy was on a week-long break and I heaved a sigh of relief and now he's back.

i would'nt be surprised if more designs pop up , becaz the project is in fact STILL in design phase

Back
Top Bottom