What's new

India’s 2nd Rafale Sqdn Ready; Time To Use ‘Hard Power’ Against China

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
India is all set to operationalize its second Rafale squadron by July-end, giving the much-needed boost to the Indian Air Force amid a protracted border standoff with China, according to the latest reports.

The first squadron, “17 Golden Arrows”, is already operational from Punjab’s Ambala airbase. With the second one ready for deployment, IAF will be able to fully cover the eastern and western sectors of the Line of Actual Control, the de facto India-China border, which runs from Arunachal Pradesh to Ladakh.

The two nuclear-armed neighbors have been locked in a border conflict for more than a year now. Despite multiple rounds of talks, the impasse continues.
1626275035842.png

The EurAsian Times reported that since last year, the deployment of troops at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) has increased by approximately 40 percent.

Many experts had termed this huge Indian deployment as “offensive defense”, which would provide India with the opportunity to “attack and seize territory in China” in case such a situation arises.

According to estimates, almost 200,000 troops are now guarding the LAC, from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.

A series of military-level talks have been held, though they have achieved only limited success. Last month, both countries agreed to hold the 12th round of corps commander-level talks to attain “complete disengagement from all friction points along the LAC in the Western Sector”, reported The Hindu.

Since May 2020, India and China have engaged through an alternate Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination (WMCC) on the border affairs and Corps Commander level talks to resolve the LAC stand-off.

In September last year, Indian forces had captured strategic heights along the south bank of the Pangong Tso lake, providing India with a clear view of the troop movements in the surrounding areas.

Indian-Army
Indian soldiers during a training session. (Image: Indian Army)
In February this year, the two countries completed the process of disengagement around the Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh. But no consensus has been reached so far on the remaining friction points such as at Gogra and Hotsprings, in Demchok as well as the strategic Depsang Valley.

‘China Sees India As A Potential Rival’
Similar to China’s large territory and its vast population, India is the only country to match up with China on these important criteria, Haqqani and Aparna Pande of the Hudson Institute wrote in a piece for The Hill. They are of the view that India is viewed by China as an important potential rival.

They mentioned that the mostly unmarked boundaries, lying in difficult terrains, between the two countries, have given China the perfect opportunity to realize its ambition to seize parts of Indian territories.

China has been occupying India’s territories since 1962. China now wants to increase its influence across South Asia and the Indian Ocean Region, sparking a bitter competition for the same sphere of influence.

Disengagement-Ladakh
Indian and Chinese troops and tanks disengaging from the banks of Pangong Tso in Eastern Ladakh. (File photo)
The increasing Chinese belligerence in the region, and at the borders with India, coincided with the rise in China’s military and economic power, the authors wrote. While India may not have been able to keep up with China’s phenomenal growth, they mentioned that India so far had “acquiesced to Chinese aggression without sufficient military action”.

India’s Military Manoeuvres
While India may have in the past shied away from hard military action, the present standoff with China has been different. It seems that India may not only be relying on diplomatic overtures alone to counter China on the border, a move that was also suggested by Haqqani and Pande.

Over the past few months, China has deployed additional forces under the Xinjiang Military Command, which oversees Chinese patrolling along the India border near Ladakh, along with constructions of military infrastructure such as bomb-proof bunkers, and new airfields.

For its part, India has also deployed additional troops on the border, as mentioned above. As part of the “offensive defense” strategy, K-9 Vajra and M777 Howitzers have reportedly been positioned in the high-altitude Ladakh region.
An IAF Rafale armed with MICA air-to-air missiles flying in Ladakh. (Image: IAF)
In addition, the Indian Air Force has flown the newly acquired “omni-role” Rafale jets over Ladakh. The first Rafale squadron – “17 Golden Arrows” stationed at Ambala carries out regular sorties over the border region.

The second Rafale squadron, to be operational by July-end, is based at Hasimara in West Bengal, which is the closest airbase to the Chumbi Valley, at the tri-junction of India, Bhutan and China. India already has the Sukhoi-30 MKIs stationed at Assam’s Tezpur and Chabua, and according to experts the addition of the Rafale squadrons on the eastern front enhances the IAF’s capabilities manifold.

To further enhance its military capabilities, India announced plans to acquire 1,750 futuristic infantry combat vehicles (FICVs). The FICVs are expected to be capable of moving across varied terrains, thus enabling their deployment in border areas with Pakistan and China.

Earlier this year, India’s Defence Ministry had also issued preliminary approval for the acquisition of 118 improvised Arjun Mark-1A tanks.

The QUAD Equation
According to Haqqani and Pande, India and the US have converging interests, especially regarding China. “In developing a pivot to Asia or an Indo-Pacific policy, successive US administrations have assumed that a shared concern about China makes India a natural American ally”.

With its strong roots as a democracy and its rising economic power, India is an ideal partner and future ally in Asia and the Indo-Pacific, the author duo said. The QUAD comprising the US, India, Japan and Australia, is already rattling China with its increased presence in the Indo-Pacific.

India has for long, maintained cordial diplomatic relations and engagements with countries around the world. This, however, is not the case with China. While China may be increasing its own economic clout, most countries are averse to the idea of forging deeper strategic ties with Beijing.

For instance, the G-7 has recently criticized China on issues ranging from the alleged human rights abuses in Xinjiang and its growing belligerence in the South China Sea to intimidatory tactics in the Taiwan Strait. China also faces global scrutiny over the origin of the Covid-19 virus.

India is all set to operationalize its second Rafale squadron by July-end, giving the much-needed boost to the Indian Air Force amid a protracted border standoff with China, according to the latest reports.

The first squadron, “17 Golden Arrows”, is already operational from Punjab’s Ambala airbase. With the second one ready for deployment, IAF will be able to fully cover the eastern and western sectors of the Line of Actual Control, the de facto India-China border, which runs from Arunachal Pradesh to Ladakh.

The two nuclear-armed neighbors have been locked in a border conflict for more than a year now. Despite multiple rounds of talks, the impasse continues.
View attachment 762173

The EurAsian Times reported that since last year, the deployment of troops at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) has increased by approximately 40 percent.

Many experts had termed this huge Indian deployment as “offensive defense”, which would provide India with the opportunity to “attack and seize territory in China” in case such a situation arises.

According to estimates, almost 200,000 troops are now guarding the LAC, from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.

A series of military-level talks have been held, though they have achieved only limited success. Last month, both countries agreed to hold the 12th round of corps commander-level talks to attain “complete disengagement from all friction points along the LAC in the Western Sector”, reported The Hindu.

Since May 2020, India and China have engaged through an alternate Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination (WMCC) on the border affairs and Corps Commander level talks to resolve the LAC stand-off.

In September last year, Indian forces had captured strategic heights along the south bank of the Pangong Tso lake, providing India with a clear view of the troop movements in the surrounding areas.

Indian-Army
Indian soldiers during a training session. (Image: Indian Army)
In February this year, the two countries completed the process of disengagement around the Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh. But no consensus has been reached so far on the remaining friction points such as at Gogra and Hotsprings, in Demchok as well as the strategic Depsang Valley.

‘China Sees India As A Potential Rival’
Similar to China’s large territory and its vast population, India is the only country to match up with China on these important criteria, Haqqani and Aparna Pande of the Hudson Institute wrote in a piece for The Hill. They are of the view that India is viewed by China as an important potential rival.

They mentioned that the mostly unmarked boundaries, lying in difficult terrains, between the two countries, have given China the perfect opportunity to realize its ambition to seize parts of Indian territories.

China has been occupying India’s territories since 1962. China now wants to increase its influence across South Asia and the Indian Ocean Region, sparking a bitter competition for the same sphere of influence.

Disengagement-Ladakh
Indian and Chinese troops and tanks disengaging from the banks of Pangong Tso in Eastern Ladakh. (File photo)
The increasing Chinese belligerence in the region, and at the borders with India, coincided with the rise in China’s military and economic power, the authors wrote. While India may not have been able to keep up with China’s phenomenal growth, they mentioned that India so far had “acquiesced to Chinese aggression without sufficient military action”.

India’s Military Manoeuvres
While India may have in the past shied away from hard military action, the present standoff with China has been different. It seems that India may not only be relying on diplomatic overtures alone to counter China on the border, a move that was also suggested by Haqqani and Pande.

Over the past few months, China has deployed additional forces under the Xinjiang Military Command, which oversees Chinese patrolling along the India border near Ladakh, along with constructions of military infrastructure such as bomb-proof bunkers, and new airfields.

For its part, India has also deployed additional troops on the border, as mentioned above. As part of the “offensive defense” strategy, K-9 Vajra and M777 Howitzers have reportedly been positioned in the high-altitude Ladakh region.
An IAF Rafale armed with MICA air-to-air missiles flying in Ladakh. (Image: IAF)
In addition, the Indian Air Force has flown the newly acquired “omni-role” Rafale jets over Ladakh. The first Rafale squadron – “17 Golden Arrows” stationed at Ambala carries out regular sorties over the border region.

The second Rafale squadron, to be operational by July-end, is based at Hasimara in West Bengal, which is the closest airbase to the Chumbi Valley, at the tri-junction of India, Bhutan and China. India already has the Sukhoi-30 MKIs stationed at Assam’s Tezpur and Chabua, and according to experts the addition of the Rafale squadrons on the eastern front enhances the IAF’s capabilities manifold.

To further enhance its military capabilities, India announced plans to acquire 1,750 futuristic infantry combat vehicles (FICVs). The FICVs are expected to be capable of moving across varied terrains, thus enabling their deployment in border areas with Pakistan and China.

Earlier this year, India’s Defence Ministry had also issued preliminary approval for the acquisition of 118 improvised Arjun Mark-1A tanks.

The QUAD Equation
According to Haqqani and Pande, India and the US have converging interests, especially regarding China. “In developing a pivot to Asia or an Indo-Pacific policy, successive US administrations have assumed that a shared concern about China makes India a natural American ally”.

With its strong roots as a democracy and its rising economic power, India is an ideal partner and future ally in Asia and the Indo-Pacific, the author duo said. The QUAD comprising the US, India, Japan and Australia, is already rattling China with its increased presence in the Indo-Pacific.

India has for long, maintained cordial diplomatic relations and engagements with countries around the world. This, however, is not the case with China. While China may be increasing its own economic clout, most countries are averse to the idea of forging deeper strategic ties with Beijing.

For instance, the G-7 has recently criticized China on issues ranging from the alleged human rights abuses in Xinjiang and its growing belligerence in the South China Sea to intimidatory tactics in the Taiwan Strait. China also faces global scrutiny over the origin of the Covid-19 virus.

1626275793904.png

I really want to know what drug these guys take. I mean like literally how mentally dumb you have to be to suggest that.

I expect that india will pursue further acquisition of the french Rafale. They are being egged on by the West to pick a fight with China, as they (the West) have openly declared China as their enemy.

india is only country no matter how badly they beaten they stand up and ask for more next month
In other words always ready to fight a stronger country. Some countries like to surrender at the drop of a hat or trill of a phonecall
I expect that india will pursue further acquisition of the french Rafale. They are being egged on by the West to pick a fight with China, as they (the West) have openly declared China as their enemy.
Make up your mind. Most of pdf is celebrating the Chinese "success" in occupying land under Indian occupation. So either we are picking a fight or defending. I know logic is not welcome here.

In other words always ready to fight a stronger country. Some countries like to surrender at the drop of a hat or trill of a phonecall

Make up your mind. Most of pdf is celebrating the Chinese "success" in occupying land under Indian occupation. So either we are picking a fight or defending. I know logic is not welcome here.
nhai tu mafi de do humy hahahaahha you are like a thief whom eat 100 onions and 100 lashes

In other words always ready to fight a stronger country. Some countries like to surrender
Everyone knows who is losing land to an enemy of equal size and their PM cannot even name the enemy who killed his troops in most barbaric ways possible. So forget stronger, that country cannot even stand up to an enemy of equal size and can only try to bully small countries.

Didnt get it. Translate if worth it.
a thief was catched by villagers red handed while stealing .
they give him offer ether you eat 100 raw onions or 100 lashes as punishment then you can go ,
he said ok i will eat onions . after eating 10 onions he said i cant eat onions lash me they lash him 10 he cry he said i want to carry-on with onions then he eat more 10 onions he stopped and said i cant eat them lash me they lash him 10 more lashed he cry and said i will rather go with onions . like this he eat 100 onions and 100 lashes too :rofl: india fight and also give away land too . your bollywood actions we have seen on 27 feb when pakistanis were just scaring you by bombing 6 locations but your AD said no no no we want blood and they self goal killed 7 people . while pakistan want this to be done safely without blood-shade . same we see galwan china was sleeping but modi and indians keep chanting two front war until china hit back and take land too

Everyone knows who is losing land to an enemy of equal size and their PM cannot even name the enemy who killed his troops in most barbaric ways possible. So forget stronger, that country cannot even stand up to an enemy of equal size and can only try to bully small countries.
Give me one instance where modi has mentioned Pakistan by name after becoming PM, after a incident ?
Its a tradition to refer to "neighboring countries".
I personally would like it to be discarded but a civilian setup works differently. A head of state looks retarded tweeting continously about another country , while being totally ignored.
a thief was catched by villagers red handed while stealing .
they give him offer ether you eat 100 raw onions or 100 lashes as punishment then you can go ,
he said ok i will eat onions . after eating 10 onions he said i cant eat onions lash me they lash him 10 he cry he said i want to carry-on with onions then he eat more 10 onions he stopped and said i cant eat them lash me they lash him 10 more lashed he cry and said i will rather go with onions . like this he eat 100 onions and 100 lashes too :rofl: india fight and also give away land too . your bollywood actions we have seen on 27 feb when pakistanis were just scaring you by bombing 6 locations but your AD said no no no we want blood and they self goal killed 7 people . while pakistan want this to be done safely without blood-shade . same we see galwan china was sleeping but modi and indians keep chanting two front war until china hit back and take land too
Long and irrelevant. I had given you a option not to reply.

Give me one instance where modi has mentioned Pakistan by name after becoming PM, after a incident ?
Its a tradition to refer to "neighboring countries".
I personally would like it to be discarded but a civilian setup works differently. A head of state looks retarded tweeting continously about another country , while being totally ignored.

Long and irrelevant. I had given you a option not to reply.
BTW tum logoon ko maar kha ker maza ata hai kya ? :lol:

I think now is a good time for India to attack.

Indians cannot calm down without losing the war. Now India is a huge shithole full of virus, China will never invade India in a big way, only with military punishment. India's loss is just some junk equipment, some ground soldiers, some border territory. But Indians will cool off from this inexplicable confidence and enthusiasm.

There will be more support for social reform in India. India will be reborn after a serious injury. China is ready, India is ready. The only thing lacking now is Modi's courage.

Now compare that to his whimper against China :D

Here as well

Back
Top Bottom