What's new

Indian's Misunderstanding of Chinese/China!

Reaction score
Why do (many? some?) Indians believe Chinese see Indians as enemies?! Could it be from their Bharat Media that shoves anti-chinese rhetoric day-in-day-out?! Perhaps some of it could be do to forums like these, where they meet resistance they don't see on Rediff, BR and NDTV, etc?!

I bring up this important issue because what many Indians think about how Chinese perceive them is simply FALSE.

If you live in a multicultural society, or if there is a large Chinese community close to you, I suggest you acquaint yourself. This will help dispel myths and insecurities you have.

Alternatively, you may visit ???-????????,??????,????,????. It is a very popular video-site and contains a plethora of news, music, movies, videos, documentaries, etc. What you would notice is the POSITIVE image Chinese have about Indians. Now please contrast this with the propaganda that Bharat feeds you. You can see here nearly all Chinese members do NOT dislike Indians (in spite of what they do/say). Certain members (myself included) do respond harshly at times, but in the course of healthy debate to make our views known. Don't mistaken debate for animosity. Parents and children sometimes argue, but it doesn't mean they hate each other!

I do hope (some) young and foolish Chinese realize that India is NOT our enemy. Different circumstances, social customs, natural environment, family, government, media.... shape us as human beings.

President Hu Jintao was correct to urge Chinese to be more open-minded regarding different cultures. Everyone has their beauty. A wiser person would understand that. So I suggest everyone cool down, and get outside to make real friends. :smitten:

Why do (many? some?) Indians believe Chinese see Indians as enemies?! Could it be from their Bharat Media that shoves anti-chinese rhetoric day-in-day-out?! Perhaps some of it could be do to forums like these, where they meet resistance they don't see on Rediff, BR and NDTV, etc?!

Nice post. But some people may jump to call it an Indian proprganda or describing you an Indian agent. BTW, Indian too do not see China as their enemy. Common Indians are too busy in their daily lives. It is the job of some insane people to create such thories. I agree sometimes media talks nonsense but this thing was countered by authoritive agencies and even some section of media itself.

I bring up this important issue because what many Indians think about how Chinese perceive them is simply FALSE.

If you live in a multicultural society, or if there is a large Chinese community close to you, I suggest you acquaint yourself. This will help dispel myths and insecurities you have.

This is not correct sentence. We actually don't know much about China. That's is perhaps the problem. So it is the best opportunity for conspiracy theorists to cover the media time. I also request you guys to mingle with Indian if you could. This would also do some help to dispel some myths and insecurities if any.:)

Alternatively, you may visit ???-????????,??????,????,????. It is a very popular video-site and contains a plethora of news, music, movies, videos, documentaries, etc. What you would notice is the POSITIVE image Chinese have about Indians. Now please contrast this with the propaganda that Bharat feeds you. You can see here nearly all Chinese members do NOT dislike Indians (in spite of what they do/say). Certain members (myself included) do respond harshly at times, but in the course of healthy debate to make our views known. Don't mistaken debate for animosity. Parents and children sometimes argue, but it doesn't mean they hate each other!.

Bharat is India. So I could not understand what Bharat feeds is. Anyways I have already put my point.
If you meet Indian in person, you can see here most Indian members do NOT dislike Chinese (in spite of what they do/say). And we undertstand the debate part. And we believe more in botherly relation rather than parent-child relation.:cheers:

I do hope (some) young and foolish Chinese realize that India is NOT our enemy. Different circumstances, social customs, natural environment, family, government, media.... shape us as human beings.

There are some immature Indian members as well.:toast_sign:

President Hu Jintao was correct to urge Chinese to be more open-minded regarding different cultures. Everyone has their beauty. A wiser person would understand that. So I suggest everyone cool down, and get outside to make real friends. :smitten:

Correctly said. At last, here are some lines from sanskrit
"Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah,
Sarve Santu Niramayah.
Sarve Bhadrani Pushyantu
Maa Kaschid Dukhabhaag Bhavet"

Meaning:
May we all be happy.
May we all enjoy health and freedom from disease.
May we all have prosperity and good luck.
May none suffer or fall on evil days.

india is not the enemy,it's British Empire stealed china's territory while chinese were busy fight Fascism,india just insist they own those inheritance,india just support dalai separat tibet

I study at a prestigious university in United States and there are several students from mainland China here. I get along well with them and I must say... all of them are very nice and rational people and think highly of India and Indians.

There is little scope of interaction between Chinese people and my fellow countrymen back in India. We should have more people to people contact. Then only will the mistrust decline.

india is not the enemy,it's British Empire stealed china's territory while chinese were busy fight Fascism,india just insist they own those inheritance,india just support dalai separat tibet

India has already accepted Tibet as a part of China. So no more separation theory please. As Dalai Lama is concerned, he is guest of India. But he is asked not to involve in political statements.
As the Indian insistance is concerned. The treaty was signed so India insists for those land. And this is the main issue between India and China. If this is resolved, there is nothing major between them. Thanks.

I have studied the Foreign Policy Doctrines of many countries, or atleast what is written about them and what they practically do in the world,

China's Foreign Policy is a lesson in peace and prosperity for everyone.

Nobody in history can boast the same calm and cool with which the Chinese carry out their Foreign relations.

China after all is the world's oldest Republic, it was an organized Republic even 3-4000 years ago, and most of the most important inventions are because of the Chinese.

Whereas India, in its modern history, has only shown a Foreign Policy that is anything but calm and passive. The same goes for Pakistan.

Even though I am a Pakistani and thus naturally to be considered biased, but, logically and factually, India has always proven to be Hawkish in its dealings and attitude.

One thing that India should learn from the Chinese is their cool approach to matter, however, all such efforts are undermined by their (indian) ever hostile media creating moment to moment hyped up hysteria.

This does not serve anyone, and it ill serves India.​

India has already accepted Tibet as a part of China. So no more separation theory please. As Dalai Lama is concerned, he is guest of India. But he is asked not to involve in political statements.
As the Indian insistance is concerned. The treaty was signed so India insists for those land. And this is the main issue between India and China. If this is resolved, there is nothing major between them. Thanks.

probably we will sign some treaty with some india local government, maybe mumbai and New Delhi will be a part of china someday

probably we will sign some treaty with some india local government, maybe mumbai and New Delhi will be a part of china someday

So you can jump....I see. :bounce: You forgot to to add other Indian cities!!Oh.....you are kind enough to get satisfied with only two cities.
Well....we know you have another proxy province/state of China in our west but your dreams are getting wired now. Time to wake up. Thank you.:coffee:

So you can jump....I see. :bounce: You forgot to to add other Indian cities!!Oh.....you are kind enough to get satisfied with only two cities.
Well....we know you have another proxy province/state of China in our west but your dreams are getting wired now. Time to wake up. Thank you.:coffee:

He was only making the valid point that your agreement with a regional Chinese government holds no water. He's not actually talking about Mumbai/Bombay or Delhi become Chinese cities in the future. :cool:

I have studied the Foreign Policy Doctrines of many countries, or atleast what is written about them and what they practically do in the world,​

There is difference between them. I mean what is written and what countries do. This gap is called "geopolitics".

Nobody in history can boast the same calm and cool with which the Chinese carry out their Foreign relations.

I do not to get into this but should I start mentioning countries here. This would be offtopic I guess.

China after all is the world's oldest Republic, it was an organized Republic even 3-4000 years ago, and most of the most important inventions are because of the Chinese.

What is the point? Everybody accept that Chinese was a very old civilization.

Whereas India, in its modern history, has only shown a Foreign Policy that is anything but calm and passive. The same goes for Pakistan.

You knowledge about India is quite impressive.:azn:

Even though I am a Pakistani and thus naturally to be considered biased, but, logically and factually, India has always proven to be Hawkish in its dealings and attitude.

You seem to made up your mind. You are on mission to bash India even though this thread is not meant for that.

One thing that India should learn from the Chinese is their cool approach to matter, however, all such efforts are undermined by their (indian) ever hostile media creating moment to moment hyped up hysteria.

This does not serve anyone, and it ill serves India.

Everyone has to learn from others. And it would be nice if you allow Indians to think for themseleves.:cheers:

The Chinese on this forum have always shown calm and peace, whereas the Indians always feel the need to confront the Chinese, as if the very honor of India was at stake?!!!

Why so serious bro!

just make valid points and arguments, and peace!!

The Chinese on this forum have always shown calm and peace, whereas the Indians always feel the need to confront the Chinese, as if the very honor of India was at stake?!!!

Why so serious bro!

just make valid points and arguments, and peace!!

I have already made my point above. Thanks.:)
By the way, you generalization about Indian is nice. Anyways it is offtopic.

Righteous-fire,i think you havent confronted the likes of schchinese,astro-train and many other chinese trolls who got apparently banned and some even unbanned after a few days........or you are seeing them with another eye!!!......good chinese members are there,but idiots also exist .......

Righteous-fire,i think you havent confronted the likes of schchinese,astro-train and many other chinese trolls who got apparently banned and some even unbanned after a few days........or you are seeing them with another eye!!!......good chinese members are there,but idiots also exist .......

Yes, I agree, and I dont look at anyone with a special favor.

Trolls are just that, Trolls, no matter Pakistani, Indian or Chinese!!

My point was actually, this is just a forum, let us discuss things with good reference backed logical and sane discussion, nothing more, nothing less.

:)

I have studied the Foreign Policy Doctrines of many countries, or atleast what is written about them and what they practically do in the world,

China's Foreign Policy is a lesson in peace and prosperity for everyone.

I dont know which Foreign Policy books u read,obviously they had little to do with reality and historical facts.

Where was the peaceful approch when china invaded Tibet and forced its spiritul leader Dalai Lama was to flee for his life from his motherland Tibet in to neighbouring india ??

If one sees in a religous propective,it had the semblance of forcing pope out of vatican or invadind Mecca??

Let's come to my home country india...few people outside india know that india was offered perment membership of UN security council in 1950s by the then US president,but Nehru :hitwall: lobbied china's permanent memebership in the name of greater asian brotherhood.

Few years after china attacked india 1962,Nehru died due to heart complications caused by stong feeling of betryal and breach of trust by china a country with which he had signed friendship (Panchasheel treaty) in atmosphere of " hindi chini bhai bhai"

Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So u cant blame indian for their deepsheeted mistrust for china...once bitten twice shy...and combine that with the miliraty/nuclear assitance it provides to pakstan whose sole enemy is india.

What about china aggression aganist Vietnam??
And decades old threats suffered by Taiwan aganist a communist china ??So much for calm and cool foreign Policy intitavies...

Last but not the least ,the plight of muslim Uyighar Xinjiang of The Second East Turkistan Republic came to an end when the chinese Army (PLA) entered Xinjiang in 1949 and renamed it Xinjiang or " new province/territory" in chinese :lol: as part of PRC
Xinjiang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hardly see any concern for muslim Uyighars among pakistani memebers here...that its clear indication why muslim ummhah would never become a reality as at the end of the day self interests always overrides feeling of greater muslim brotherhood.​

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom