Indians less happy than Pakistanis: UN report

VelocuR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indians less happy than Pakistanis: UN report

1464Indians-less-happy-than-Pakistanis-Bangladeshis-UN-report.jpg

September 11, 2013

NEW DELHI: The gloomy state of the economy bothering you? Or is it the soaring price of onions? Or maybe the pervasive corruption in public life? Take your pick. Indians rank 111th in the UN's just published Happiness Report, registering what we knew already: the declining quality of life in India. The US (at 17th position), for instance is less happy than Mexico, while India is less happy than both Pakistan (at 81) and Bangladesh (108). South Asia has by and large shown a greater dip in the happiness quotient. Between 2005-07 and 2010-12 Indians showed a decrease in happiness.

According to the UN report, all the happiness is somehow concentrated in northern Europe where Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland and Norway corner the top five spots. People living in Benin and Togo are the least happy in the world.

The happiness report ranks nations on metrics of well-being and on the basis of six key factors like GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy, someone to count on, perceived freedom to make life choices, freedom from corruption and generosity.

"The positive contributions from continuing economic growth and greater generosity were more than offset by the effects of declining social support, and of less perceived freedom to make life choices. Inequality in the distribution of happiness also grew significantly within South Asia," the report observed.

It says while there sub-Saharan Africa has a lower average score, "corruption is seen as a smaller problem there than in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Central and Eastern Europe, and south-East Asia. Similarly, a higher fraction of respondents have someone to count on in Sub-Saharan Africa than in either South Asia or the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Generosity, even before adjusting for income differences, is higher in Sub-Saharan Africa than in three regions- the CIS, East Asia, and MENA."

The authors of the report say respondents made a clear distinction between "happiness as an emotion and happiness in the sense of life satisfaction.... A very poor person might report himself to be happy emotionally at a specific time, while also reporting a much lower sense of happiness with life as a whole."

Indians less happy than Pakistanis, Bangladeshis: UN report - The Times of India

Indian depression

Interesting.....

So all those tall Super/regional power claims r lies as the overall population doesnt seem to be satisfied.

But on the otherhand we Pakistanis r happier and r at modest 81st rank!

Well its said A Muslim remains happy even in testing times and thanks All Mighty.

Interesting.....

So all those tall Super/regional power claims r lies as the overall population doesnt seem to be satisfied.

But on the otherhand we Pakistanis r happier and r at modest 81st rank!

Well its said A Muslim remains happy even in testing times and thanks All Mighty.

Wait, so now you are co-relating the nebulous "happiness index" as a measure of superpower status? Then as per the report, mexico is a bigger superpower than its unhappy neighbor USA, huh?

And that bit about muslims being happy - you may notice that the happiest countries are all very, very atheistic. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland etc are the most peaceful and happiest people in the world, and also the least religious. But now we know why Pakistanis are so happy - they found themselves number 82 on the happiness list, and became happy that they are that high, and took it as proof that muslims are happy!

Damn, Pakistanis don't waste any chance to reassure themselves that India is not a superpower - a claim which, amusingly, Indians don't make in the first place. Whatever the thread is about - economy, religion, climate - you will find a Pakistani in the first page jumping in joy at a newfound revelation that India is not a superpower.

I'm the first non Pakistani to comment. So far its all been Pakistanis being "happy" that they are happier than Indians. LOL. Made my day.

Wait, so now you are co-relating the nebulous "happiness index" as a measure of superpower status? Then as per the report, mexico is a bigger superpower than its unhappy neighbor USA, huh?

And that bit about muslims being happy - you may notice that the happiest countries are all very, very atheistic. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland etc are the most peaceful and happiest people in the world, and also the least religious. But now we know why Pakistanis are so happy - they found themselves number 82 on the happiness list, and became happy that they are that high, and took it as proof that muslims are happy!

Damn, Pakistanis don't waste any chance to reassure themselves that India is not a superpower - a claim which, amusingly, Indians don't make in the first place. Whatever the thread is about - economy, religion, climate - you will find a Pakistani in the first page jumping in joy at a newfound revelation that India is not a superpower.

I'm the first non Pakistani to comment. So far its all been Pakistanis being "happy" that they are happier than Indians. LOL. Made my day.

LOL this report is published in yr media and is quoting UN report.

Only a Stupid will call it nebulous ''Happiness Index''.

This report doesnt lie. and the tall claims of superpower seem to be not satisfying enough for YOU INDIANS according to this report. That doesnt mean u should shuuu off yr regional/superpower delusion but its still not good enough for satisfaction of indians.

And bye the way we r place at 81 not 82. Use yr glasses.

Now u tell me why r Pakistanis happy? when we should be the most unhappy nation in the world! and u who should be the most happy or better then us is worse then us?

WOW! Thats why the indians are so unhappy. They are so confused. Lets just reassure them that it is alright to be below Pakistan in somethings. Dont be unhappy about it, otherwise you will fall below the rank of 111.

How come Indian supa pawa people so unhappy :cry:

Indian supa pawa govt should immediately set out a law where the happiness quoteient doesnt go below 100

obsession with word super power?? on pdf i c only pakistanis and some chinese saying india super power!!
if u guys really think so..sorry to burst ur bubble we r not!
i never saw any indian on pdf saying india super power!.....

Thank you congress, sonia gandhi and rahul gandhi along with their clean son -in-law vadra

Allah bless pakistan. HE always helps us and keeps us happy even when the times are rough. I was small but I still remember the time pakistan was a better place. No bombings or anything. I hope after nato leaves afghanistan, things get back to how it used to be. :pakistan:

How come Indian supa pawa people so unhappy :cry:

Indian supa pawa govt should immediately set out a law where the happiness quoteient doesnt go below 100

Because supa pawa Indians know they are just lying to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom