What's new

Indians have become the largest foreign-born group in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Muslims population are booming in UK, far ahead of Indians here. Quite a lot of Muslims from Middle East are coming. Mosque is very busy
we are not talking about high birth rate, rather most immigrants in london are from India (i.e.foreign born)

Why Indians are migrating to Britain in such a large numbers compared to other countries ?

Why Indians are migrating to Britain in such a large numbers compared to other countries ?

Better life I would guess, most people migrate for that reason(except refugees or asylum seekers).
Here are some comparision of net migration rates, to compare. :cheers:

china: -0.33 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2012 est.)
Pakistan : -2 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2012 est.)
India : -0.05 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2012 est.)
Bangladesh: -1.04 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2012 est.)
Sri lanka : -1.95 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2012 est.)
Poland : -0.47 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2012 est.)

source: indexmundi.com , data from cia factbook

If you compare the total number of Indians migrating to Britain in comparison with total population of the country, than India is way behind to other countries.

As, one of your countrymen posted on previous page.
For comparison :-

Office of National Statistics
Census 2011 England & Wales

Country of OriginTotal Population
Indian
1,412,958​
Pakistani
1,124,511​
Bangladeshi
447,201​

Now compare the migration in (%) in accordance with total population.

India: 1200 Million

Pakistan: 180 Million

Bangladesh: 150 Million

what about south birmingham/ hall green, wolverhampton, sandwell, its filled up with indian brothers, talk about a small town upnorth as blackburn which again has huge number of gujratis, what about coventry, leicester? you are mssing out allot of places my brother :D
Of course bro- how could I forget?

not sure about others but the ones i came across in birmingam were from punjab, back in 2010 huge number of indians from punjab came to uk for better life and secure future, according to few of them they had some problems back in punjab one of those freedom movements

you wont wonder when you realize southall is in london. :)

You mean it's a borough of London.

According to wiki, Bangladeshi community is much more dense in London than the Indians.

Bangladeshi communities

London - 161,000 (44.6%)
London Borough of Tower Hamlets - 60,400 (20.4%)

Indian communities

London - 162,800 (4.1%]
London Borough of Harrow - 43,000 (18.2%)
Birmingham - 36,700 (12.6%)
Manchester - 31,400 (11.1%]
London Borough of Ealing - 30,000 (10.2%)
Leicester - 29,800 [9.8%]
London Borough of Hounslow - 29,100 (8.9%
Coventry - 25,300 [8.3%]
London Borough of Redbridge - 37,200 (14.6%)
London Borough of Croydon - 27,200 (8.0%)

You mean it's a borough of London.

According to wiki, Bangladeshi community is much more dense in London than the Indians.

Bangladeshi communities

London - 161,000 (44.6%)
London Borough of Tower Hamlets - 60,400 (20.4%)

Indian communities

London - 162,800 (4.1%]
London Borough of Harrow - 43,000 (18.2%)
Birmingham - 36,700 (12.6%)
Manchester - 31,400 (11.1%]
London Borough of Ealing - 30,000 (10.2%)
Leicester - 29,800 [9.8%]
London Borough of Hounslow - 29,100 (8.9%
Coventry - 25,300 [8.3%]
London Borough of Redbridge - 37,200 (14.6%)
London Borough of Croydon - 27,200 (8.0%)

lol. Cant believe a person living in UK is saying this... all these are part of 'greater london', served by same mayor. The 'city of london' or 'the city' is a quite small place. When people say London, they are referring to the massive metropolis which includes all these boroughs with 'the city' in the middle.

southall belongs to london borough of ealing.

london-region-map.gif

where did you get the bangladeshi statistics for 'London', does it mean 'city of london', if yes then data is most probably wrong.

lol. Cant believe a person living in UK is saying this... all these are part of 'greater london', served by same mayor. The 'city of london' or 'the city' is a quite small place. When people say London, they are referring to the massive metropolis which includes all these boroughs with 'the city' in the middle.

southall belongs to london borough of ealing.

where did you get the bangladeshi statistics for 'London', does it mean 'city of london', if yes then data is most probably wrong.

Ahem....excuse me I'm no Brit but Scottish...... you know the thing, Keep Scotland clean, throw your rubbish in England or the best road in England is the one going to Scotland..:lol:...J/K.

Anyways, as i said the figures are quoted by wiki.

Lists of UK locations with large ethnic minority populations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom