What's new

Indians arrested for Facebook post on Mumbai shutdown

Are you kidding me Doc? Don't you remember how people where harassed and beaten up? If someone can walk in to a police station and say arrest somebody for liking a comment on FB or else we will take law in our own hands and the police obliges then the only conclusion is that the police is doing it's job all wrong and the said cops should be sacked period

Bro seriously, come to Mumbai and see what goes on in the name of freedom of migration.

No one will say it openly but everyone here knows who exactly are the troublemakers and who are being targeted.

Or what Mumbaikars have to say about it.

Or the Mumbai Police.

There is a reason I posted that photo of Raj - an no, its not only because he is an impressive young speaker.

Bhai tu sirf yahan debate kar raha hai.

Bro seriously, come to Mumbai and see what goes on in the name of freedom of migration.

No one will say it openly but everyone here knows who exactly are the troublemakers and who are being targeted.

Or what Mumbaikars have to say about it.

Or the Mumbai Police.

There is a reason I posted that photo of Raj - an no, its not only because he is an impressive young speaker.

Bhai tu sirf yahan debate kar raha hai.

Doc I was born and I live in Mumbai and have seen and understand the city more than anybody, please enlighten me of what is going on in the name of freedom of migration? You know what is happening the market (including the average Marathi business owners) is crying for cheap labor for North which are now hard to find, do you even know the statistics about Migration to Mumbai? Do you even know how big city and migration work? Do you know history of % of Maharashtrians in Mumbai? Or are you yourself a hater or a scared soul?

Doc I was born and I live in Mumbai and have seen and understand the city more than anybody, please enlighten me of what is going on in the name of freedom of migration? You know what is happening the market (including the average Marathi business owners) is crying for cheap labor for North which are now hard to find, do you even know the statistics about Migration to Mumbai? Do you even know how big city and migration work? Do you know history of % of Maharashtrians in Mumbai? Or are you yourself a hater or a scared soul?

I did not know you are a Mumbaikar bro. My apologies.

I did not know you are a Mumbaikar. My apologies.

Doc since the government has started some scheme of guaranteed employment in rural North the migration has fallen many folds, also Mumbai's population has declined 6% over the last decade, also Migration has many destination now Banglore, Hyderabad, Pune, Noida, Gurgaon, Delhi rather than just Mumbai once upon a time

Doc since the government has started some scheme of guaranteed employment in rural North the migration has fallen many folds, also Mumbai's population has declined 6% over the last decade, also Migration has many destination now Banglore, Hyderabad, Pune, Noida, Gurgaon, Delhi rather than just Mumbai once upon a time

None of it is what I am talking about.

And no, I cannot elucidate.

You are a Mumbaikar .....

None of it is what I am talking about.

And no, I cannot elucidate.

You are a Mumbaikar .....

Doc I just want to say migration the monster is created by the Politicians, for the Politicians, of the Politicians, in real life migration is good for cities and economies

Sashan bro, you make good points.

I am all for freedom of speech myself.

But the timing sucked.

And the girl should have had better sense.

Not only as a Mumbaikar, but as a Muslim Mumbaikar.

Please remember that India does not dwell in the Internet.

It dwells on the streets.

How many people are out on the streets is the best barometer of popular sentiment.

Popular sentiment is not with your side on this.

That is the fact.

I am not playing son of the soil vs elitist card here.

I live here. And I simply do not see it.

All the "anger" is in the newspaper, on TV, and on the Net.

The popular sentiment in Mumbai can twist a politician like R.R.Patil or Chauhan's arms. That is the reason I mentioned SC. It is not the "anger" on the net or TV but a blatant violation of constitutional rights is what will be heard of in courts(though with the Kasab news I am afraid this will take a backseat nor SC or HC will take note of it - but the heartening factor is a PIL being considered in Chennai HC for the removal of 66a Clause of IT act 2000 due to a previous incident involving Chiddu's son and hopefully someone will file a similar PIL elsewhere in Delhi highcourt or somewhere else)

As for timing, let me play a scenario for you and see what your take is - Say a hypothetical situation where Geelani has passed away and a Kashmiri Pandit in Jammu tweets that a terrorist has died. If the police arrest the Kashmiri Pandit as the Valley is protesting against this and even some parts of Jammu is, what would be your sentiment?

The popular sentiment in Mumbai can twist a politician like R.R.Patil or Chauhan's arms. That is the reason I mentioned SC. It is not the "anger" on the net or TV but a blatant violation of constitutional rights is what will be heard of in courts(though with the Kasab news I am afraid this will take a backseat nor SC or HC will take note of it - but the heartening factor is a PIL being considered in Chennai HC for the removal of 66a Clause of IT act 2000 due to a previous incident involving Chiddu's son and hopefully someone will file a similar PIL elsewhere in Delhi highcourt or somewhere else)

As for timing, let me play a scenario for you and see what your take is - Say a hypothetical situation where Geelani has passed away and a Kashmiri Pandit in Jammu tweets that a terrorist has died. If the police arrest the Kashmiri Pandit as the Valley is protesting against this and even some parts of Jammu is, what would be your sentiment?

Geelani is a Pakistani.

The analogy is flawed.

He lives or dies at the whim of the Indian state.

Geelani is a Pakistani.

The analogy is flawed.

He lives or dies at the whim of the Indian state.

He does live at the whim of the Indian state and is a traitor to the core but he carries Indian passport. But he commands support among his people in Kashmir which one can't ignore.

He does live at the whim of the Indian state and is a traitor to the core but he carries Indian passport. But he commands support among his people in Kashmir which one can't ignore.

Bro, Kashmir is the most pampered Indian state.

A state where Indians cannot buy property, while Kashmiris can anywhere else in India.

A state which butchered their own people and drove them out because they were Hindu.

A state where Hindus have to ask special permission year on year to visit one of their most holy places.

Don't get me started on Kashmir.

Kashmir needs the Han solution. Permanent.

Bro, Kashmir is the most pampered Indian state.

A state where Indians cannot buy property, while Kashmiris can anywhere else in India.

A state which butchered their own people and drove them out because they were Hindu.

A state where Hindus have to ask special permission year on year to visit one of their most holy places.

Don't get me started on Kashmir.

Kashmir needs the Han solution.

Hahahaha - atleast we agree on something. But I do not believe in Han solutions(I want to be politically correct here) ;) but want the Kashmiri Pandits who have moved to Bihar and UP to move back to Kashmir and the central government facilitating that and arm them to the core for their own self protection. ;)

So sad indians have no freedom on the internet. There is only one area where indians have total freedom.

Hahahaha - atleast we agree on something. But I do not believe in Han solutions(I want to be politically correct here) ;) but want the Kashmiri Pandits who have moved to Bihar and UP to move back to Kashmir and the central government facilitating that and arm them to the core for their own self protection. ;)

So why do you guys have a problem with Shiv Sena and their marathi manoos line?

Why does the nation not stand as one and demand that J&K stop being pampered and pandered to first?

Because the Sainiks do not lift guns and explode bombs and have no other friends from any foreign nationality except amongst us Indians?

So why do you guys have a problem with Shiv Sena and their marathi manoos line?

Why does the nation not stand as one and demand that J&K stop being pampered and pandered to first?

Because the Sainiks do not lift guns and explode bombs and have no other friends from any foreign nationality except amongst us Indians?

What line? I have not expressed my opinion anywhere here on whether I have problem with what Shiv Sena and Marathi manoos think. Doc - I repeat again - my grouse is against the cops for arbitrary use of laws. I have been consistent with my discussions here. As for J&K, do you seriously think that Indians are going to unite as one? Should have struck when the iron was hot i.e immediately after independence but the screw up king screwed up this issue just like uniform civil code issue.

hero for some people doesnt mean he is a national hero...... for me he is just a religious lunatic...

More then 2000000 people are not "some". even bhagat singh was not accepted by all but still he is a national hero. Name me a single national hero who is not criticized for something.

Back
Top Bottom