What's new

'Indians are slippery, treacherous people'

I would have eaten more types of meat, than most here!!! Guess when a Muslim tries to incite or writes a flame bait, its ok but when i post a genuine piece of history about islamic invaders which has been kept under wraps to protect communal harmony...i am a RSS sevak.

I would have eaten more types of meat, than most here!!! Guess when a Muslim tries to incite or writes a flame bait, its ok but when i post a genuine piece of history about islamic invaders which has been kept under wraps to protect communal harmony...i am a RSS sevak.

Whats true is true!!

Actually Australian beef is world class and so one does not have to hunt for cows to eat there. There is enough cows out there all over.

Leanness of Australian Beef

In Australia, cattle are predominantly pasture-fed, producing beef that is leaner and containing healthier types of fat including Omega 3.

Findings from a recent survey found that with an increasing demand for lean meat from consumers, there is a greater range of lean red cuts now available to choose from in stores.

The average fat content of these popular cuts were:

* Lean beef 4g of fat/100g
* Lean lamb 6g of fat/100g
* Lean veal 2g of fat/100g

Not only is Australian beef lean when trimmed of visible fat, it is also relatively low in unhealthy saturated fats, and is a valuable source of healthy unsaturated fats including long chain Omega 3 fatty acids. Almost two thirds of the fat in lean beef is unsaturated fat.

Australian lean beef is an important source of protein, essential vitamins and minerals, and is more nutrient dense than poultry, pork or fish. It provides more iron, zinc and vitamin B12.

The Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines recommend that lean beef be consumed 3-4 times per week as part of a healthy balanced diet3.

Sixty-eight percent of Australians still believe that too much beef can cause high cholesterol or heart problems. This is because of the perception that beef is high in total fat and saturated fat which are two key factors that are known to raise blood cholesterol levels. In fact, with Australian beef becoming leaner, beef is not the main contributor to total fat and saturated fat in the Australian diet. Rather it is fast foods, snacks foods, oils, spreads, processed foods and the visible fat on meat. Therefore, lean beef can be consumed as part of a cholesterol-lowering diet.

Bon Appétit!

Back
Top Bottom