What's new

Indian Woman Arrested for enacting Gandhi’s assasination

Peshwa

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: A rightwing Indian woman who shot an effigy of independence leader Mahatma Gandhi with an air pistol to mark his assassination some seven decades ago has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.

Pooja Shakun Pandey was filmed shooting the effigy at an event by a far-right Hindu group on Friday — the 71st anniversary of Gandhi’s death. The video sparked anger after going viral online.

Gandhi was assassinated on January 30, 1948 by Nathuram Godse, a Hindu fanatic angered by what he saw as Gandhi’s pandering to Muslims and by the partition of India.

Take a look: The campaign to glorify Gandhi’s assassin

Some people present chanted Godse’s name and people took turns firing at the effigy, which had a balloon inside that burst with red liquid resembling blood. It was then set on fire.

The event took place in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh and was organised by rightwing group Hindu Mahasabha, the same organisation to which Gandhi’s killer was linked.

Pandey — a senior figure in the group and a former lecturer — was arrested on Tuesday on charges of stoking violence and rioting, a local police officer said.

She was taken before a court and a judge remanded her in custody, the officer said.

Thirteen others from Hindu Mahasabha involved in the recreation of the killing, including her husband, have either been arrested or are on the run.

The organisation observes the anniversary of Gandhi’s assassination as “Bravery Day” and organises public events to glorify Godse, who was hanged with a co-conspirator in 1949.

Gandhi’s death led to nationwide outrage against the far-right group, pushing it to the fringes of Indian politics for many decades.

But the election of Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014 has emboldened the organisation to celebrate Godse’s ideology.

Published in Dawn, February 7th, 2019

https://www.dawn.com/news/1462287/indian-woman-arrested-for-enacting-gandhis-assassination

This is fake plated story done by local News channel. If you get chance to listen unedited video, it is coming clearly.. lady is asking the shooting guy... ready shall I start..

This is how outrages are created and amplified in the election season. Best way is NOT to give any media space to such LOUTS and deny them 15 seconds of fame. They will cease to exist.

Great direction the Secular India is taking lately!

As far as I can tell, this is a renactment of a “Hindu on Hindu” crime. Where does the question of secularism come in?

Besides, I think many Pakistanis are confused. India as a nation is secular ie. The constitution is secular, does not mean that every citizen living in India needs to have a secular outlook not can such an outlook be forced upon the population.
Clearly we will find such nutjobs even in the most liberal of societies. India is not different.

I think its high time hindu mahasaba come out in the open and claim india to be a hindu country than a secular country and replace gandhi with damodar savarkar or nathuram godse.

I think its high time hindu mahasaba come out in the open and claim india to be a hindu country than a secular country and replace gandhi with damodar savarkar or nathuram godse.

Why? Apparently according to PDF Pakistanis they already have a free hand (under the secular constitution), so why the need to brand India a Hindu nation? They have everything they want.

Why? Apparently according to PDF Pakistanis they already have a free hand (under the secular constitution), so why the need to brand India a Hindu nation? They have everything they want.

Why dont you ask the woman who re-enacted or re-played the killing of gandhi and got arrested. Isnt it obvious that people are not happy with secularism in India and want to break free from it or do you want to keep up with your hypocrisy?

. Isnt it obvious that people are not happy with secularism in India and want to break free from it or do you want to keep up with your hypocrisy?

Is it obvious?
What is the number of these people that are asking for a change in the secular ethos of India? Has a bill to change the secular fabric of India been introduced in the parliament by the ruling BJP (which according to your kind is the mouthpiece for these nutjobs)? And please don’t point to the recent immigration bill to further this. That would be desperate and pure conjecture.
Are we to pander to any hindu jihadi that wants to turn India into their own personal Hindu “haven” because you say so?

You’re obviously blinded by your bias and agenda, but that was a given.
Just wanted to mark it out to drive home the point.

As far as I can tell, this is a renactment of a “Hindu on Hindu” crime. Where does the question of secularism come in?

Besides, I think many Pakistanis are confused. India as a nation is secular ie. The constitution is secular, does not mean that every citizen living in India needs to have a secular outlook not can such an outlook be forced upon the population.
Clearly we will find such nutjobs even in the most liberal of societies. India is not different.
Have you missed the motive behind her actions or have you decided to look the other way?

Have you missed the motive behind her actions or have you decided to look the other way?

Have you missed taking a look at the error in your own quote?
You used the term “secular India”, which is exactly why I explained that there is a difference between the Indian constitution being secular and the people of India being secular.

When you write secular India, you’re referring to the ethos of our constitution, but prescribing that ethos to be ascribed to the population of India having a secular outlook which cannot be possible in a population as large and as diverse as India’s. There will always be diverse opinions and view points, some being completely opposite to what the Indian constitution prescribes.

Our constitution treats all citizens equally, hence the lady, even though being Hindu nationalist and has support from the ruling govt. can be arrested because laws exist that do not favor one religion over the other.

Hope you get my point.

a “Hindu on Hindu” crime.

A (true) Hindu killing another (fake) Hindu whom he believed was a Muslim appeaser.
A hero for true Hindus, at least according to Hindu Mahasabha

Back
Top Bottom