What's new

Indian village bans girls from using cell phones

Baby Leone

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: A village council in western India has banned girls from using personal mobile phones to stop them from contacting boys whenever they wish, media reports said on Thursday.

The council or “panchayat” in the Dausa district of Rajasthan state also insisted that girls stop wearing scarves because that helped them hide their identities, the Press Trust of India (PTI) news agency said
:woot:

“Girls using mobile phones are easily connected and approachable and this freedom may create unnecessary problems for her family,” village elder Durga Lal was quoted as saying.

“Considering this fact, it was the common opinion in the meeting that girls should be prohibited from using personal mobile phones and also scarves.” The restrictions were imposed after a girl eloped with her boyfriend from another caste last week.

Local police superintendent S. N. Khinchi told PTI that nobody had complained so far against the decisions of the council.

Panchayats often comprise an unelected group of elders, who are seen as the social and moral arbiters of village life.

Although their rulings carry no legal weight, they can be highly influential and have been blamed for numerous abuses, such as sanctioning “honour killings” of women whose actions are deemed to have brought shame on their family.

Indian village bans girls from using cell phones - thenews.com.pk

I think it is very good decision by the village people .................... :)

does hindu religion prohibits females using phones

yet they play a big role in the life of common indians living there....

This is called indian version of secularism...:lol:

na na .... feminism. Comment was in reply to Gigawat's feminish assertion.

na na .... feminism. Comment was in reply to Gigawat's feminish assertion.

She/He was asking why they are not stopping males from using cell phones & i was answering him/her in tht context.

She/He was asking why they are not stopping males from using cell phones & i was answering him/her in tht context.

No you didn't get it. He/She was right in raising that question.

I was referring to an earlier post by good ol gig.

This is called indian version of secularism...:lol:

There seems to be a serious comprehension problem here . Like a spoilt child or a stuck record ppl keep making references to secularism in India in a deriding way. They are welcome to as it changes nothing.

In this case the stupid ban by a local village council on use of cell phones is a social issue.

For the un initiated .. the meaning of secularism is : "A doctrine that rejects religion and religious considerations"

What does use of a cell phone have to do with religion !!! The ban is also for social reasons not because girls here inflammatory messages on the cell phone .

Finding fault is a default reaction to us all here but education should help discern where to butt in with what .

Backward morons. They should be given no importance. These guys should immediately be pulled up and thrown in jail for violating someone's constitutional rights.

No you didn't get it. He/She was right in raising that question.

I was referring to an earlier post by good ol gig.

did i said she/he was wrong??

P.s: understanding sarcacism is rare ability these days.:p

did i said she/he was wrong??

P.s: understanding sarcacism is rare ability these days.:p

Sorry for my inability to understand the simple things because here we are more used to feminist sarcasm expressed in victorian english prose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom