What's new

Indian Victory: US judge dismisses charges in Devyani Khobragade case

Her diplomatic status was approved on 8'th January and she was indicted on 9'th january .
This does not pertain to her diplomatic ststus as UN advisor at the time of her arrest .

In any case it does not make difference now that the indictment proceedings against her have been quashed .

She can't be arrested now if she returns to US . But i guess US will not issue visa to her which is their prerogrative .
The can. Charges against her were not dismissed, only indictment. US prosecutors can get another one now.

The can. Charges against her were not dismissed, only indictment. US prosecutors can get another one now.

Yes the indictment proceedings were dismissed as per law ( based on technical reasons ) . But that does not matter .

I doubt how they can do that .
How they can charge her again especially when she in absentia ?

Let us see if US prosecutors want to drag this all along .

It has already taken toll on Indo-US relations ....

If the indictment iproceedings are dismissed that means charges on which she was indicted also stand dismissed .

Seriously wtf?

Now that she is back in India and does not have diplomatic immunity which led to abrogation of indictment proceedings against her she may be charged again .
But how can fresh indictment proceed in absentia .

there is lot of legal wrangling involved .

and US position is weakened by quashing of her idnictment once .
I do not think this is feasible .

But for some people ego is too big to swallow the defeat .

Any case Devyani can't be touched .

Us will have to let this issue die peacefully .

further dragging of this issue will have impact on Indo-US relations ...

But they can charge her again... that is what they are planning now...

They may charge her afreshh but can't indict her in absentia .

wjatever actions Us prosecution will take will be onlyh to cool of their egos.
they can't touch her again ever !!!

If the indictment iproceedings are dismissed that means charges on which she was indicted also stand dismissed .
Indictment was dismissed as she had dip immunity. Now she doesn't. So now they can go ahead, get an indictment in absentia and ask for her extradition. But it seems that some Preet nerve was tickled, otherwise there is no sane reason for them to do it. In any case, I doubt they will let her come to US again.

Indictment was dismissed as she had dip immunity. Now she doesn't. So now they can go ahead, get an indictment in absentia and ask for her extradition. But it seems that some Preet nerve was tickled, otherwise there is no sane reason for them to do it. In any case, I doubt they will let her come to US again.

Us most likely out of their ego will press charges and indict her but India will never agree for extradition .
They can't do anything .

It played diplomatic game very well.
We should be content with the fact that she is back in India .

who cares if US cgarges her again.

They are pissed off because we expelled their diplomat in retaliation and they could do nothing about it .

They need psychological edge to sya that they did not let Devyano go peacefully .

It's high time that India needs to settle the issue of visas of maids accompanying diplomats with US ....

Us most likely out of their ego will press charges and indict her but India will never agree for extradition .
They can't do anything .

It played diplomatic game very well.
We should be content with the fact that she is back in India .

who cares if US cgarges her again.

They are pissed off because we expelled their diplomat in retaliation and they could do nothing about it .

They need psychological edge to sya that they did not let Devyano go peacefully .

It's high time that India needs to settle the issue of visas of maids accompanying diplomats with US ....
We can agree to their extradition provided us extradites Indian criminals they are horbouring. Atleast we should make that offer. Then let us see what happens...

We can agree to their extradition provided us extradites Indian criminals they are horbouring. Atleast we should make that offer. Then let us see what happens...

Indian criminals? Like that maid?

Did they extradite Headley ???

His role is 26/11 is well elucidated .
Yet US did not even let us examine headley one to one . Our team could interrogate him only in presence of FBI. Such are the double standards of US .

and you want to extradite sitting Indian diplomat ...who was arrested wrongfully ?

Number of diplomats of number of countries are also guilty of same ' charges ' for which Devyani was arrested ...

this so called crime is purely due to perceptual differences in two countries ...

If maid had official visa which is the perrenial demand by our administration this whole question of minimal wage issue would not have had arisen .

i am shocked by your offer to extradite Indian diplomat to US .

US did not extradite its diplomats who were accused of rapes, sexual assualts , murder and what not ...

and you want to extradite Indian diplomat for the crime which have arisen purely due to technical reasons ???

Seriously ???

Indian criminals? Like that maid?

He must be joking !!!

Looks like USA want's to be friends with us desperately!
And the recent Usa sending feelers to us that we both can make a lot of business or development etc.
Come this Elections they (USA) have a lot of kissing up and making upto BJP with Mr.Modi in power as Prime Minister of India! :D
They (usa/europe)play arrogant Card?Let me just say didn't you just see what help you gave to UKRAINE? Crimeaa is part of RUSSIA!
You guys should keep quiet and accept Crimean Accession to Russia.There is nothing you can do about it!
Shanghai cooperation organisation(SCO) is there just like NATO eh? for all those NATO is great etc.

Guys Russia,China and India we need to have more exercises in future.

since russia accepted that 90% of ukraine is now ours i have no problem with russia only holding that small crimea. :)

Back
Top Bottom