What's new

Indian Tourism: 1 Crore Foreign Tourists Visited Country in 2017; Earnings Cross $27 Billion

Not safe enough for women or minorities, however cows are protected. I suppose if a woman is size of a cow she may will be protected by crying I am a cow.

I have seen many women tourists visiting India but it is just a trickle. If India can reverse the stigma that it is not safe for women then India will see a sizable flow of tourists.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...vel-advisory-for-citizens/article22418650.ece

India has been ranked Level 2 (exercise increased caution) while Pakistan has been places in Level 3 (reconsider travel).

Not safe enough for women or minorities, however cows are protected. I suppose if a woman is size of a cow she may will be protected by crying I am a cow.

Don't mock yourself kid.... Its time to improve your ranking in this Chart.... We've plenty of Female tourists visiting everyday... try taking care of your minorities there too

Khansaheeb you may want to visit this place ,at least you can visit and see the place unlike imagining things in your dreams

I have seen many women tourists visiting India but it is just a trickle. If India can reverse the stigma that it is not safe for women then India will see a sizable flow of tourists.

Any data to show they are foreign tourists as NRI's visiting India is also included in foreign tourists list.

In Pakistan too about 1.75 million foreign tourists visited the country and plausibly a large number of them seems to be Pakistani diaspora in US, UK and in other countries.

Also for India many websites has given a figure of around 8-8.5 million foreign tourists arrivals last year.

Any data to show they are foreign tourists as NRI's visiting India is also included in foreign tourists list.

In Pakistan too about 1.75 million foreign tourists visited the country and plausibly a large number of them seems to be Pakistani diaspora in US, UK and in other countries.

Also for India many websites has given a figure of around 8-8.5 million foreign tourists arrivals last year.
It was 8.9 mill for 2016. For 2017 it stands at 10.27 mill with an increase of 15% in 2017.

India’s e-Tourist Visas were more popular than ever in 2017 with 1,697,000(1.697 million) users a 52% increase over 2016.

India reported a 15.2% growth in foreign tourist arrivals in December and for the full year arrivals surpassed the 10 million mark.

The market share breakdown of the top 15 source countries for travellers using e-Tourist Visas:
UK (17.5%), USA (13.8%), Russian Federation (6.0%), Australia (5.2%), China (4.9%), Canada (4.7%), France (3.9%), Germany (3.9%), Italy (3.1%), South Africa (3.0%), Thailand (2.6%), Korea (Rep. of) (2.3%), Singapore (2.0%), Spain (1.7%) and UAE (1.5%).

83,153 Chinese used Indian e-Visa facility

India’s e-Tourist Visas were more popular than ever in 2017 with 1,697,000(1.697 million) users a 52% increase over 2016.

India reported a 15.2% growth in foreign tourist arrivals in December and for the full year arrivals surpassed the 10 million mark.

The market share breakdown of the top 15 source countries for travellers using e-Tourist Visas:
UK (17.5%), USA (13.8%), Russian Federation (6.0%), Australia (5.2%), China (4.9%), Canada (4.7%), France (3.9%), Germany (3.9%), Italy (3.1%), South Africa (3.0%), Thailand (2.6%), Korea (Rep. of) (2.3%), Singapore (2.0%), Spain (1.7%) and UAE (1.5%).
If you were to compile the increase of tourists arrivals every month, it may appear like this for 2017

Attachments

• IMG_20180117_143033.jpg
    IMG_20180117_143033.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 45

Tourism sector is contributing 6.88 per cent to the country's total GDP, besides 12.36 per cent of the total employment in terms of jobs. So tourists also spend more compared to some other countries, since they stay more and spend more....

83,153 Chinese used Indian e-Visa facility
700'000 Indians visited China last in 2016. :enjoy:. So?

700'000 Indians visited China last in 2016. :enjoy:. So?

Good for you, now Indian tourists slowly become one of the largest targeted group like westerners in many countries...We are coming their to increase our soft power presence like yoga and bollywood movie promotion :enjoy:

Good for you, now Indian tourists slowly become one of the largest targeted group like westerners in many countries...We are coming their to increase our soft power presence like yoga and bollywood movie promotion :enjoy:

Nothing against aamir khan, i like his movies too bhai. But you need to understand most Indians have a hidden admiration for China. :lol:

Nothing against aamir khan, i like his movies too bhai. But you need to understand most Indians have a hidden admiration for China. :lol:

'Bhai' Chinese speaking in Hindi, mmm good you start learning our language.He go their for his benefit mainly his promotion of movie bhai , if its love affair, then its up to you. :D

Back
Top Bottom