What's new

Indian Tourism: 1 Crore Foreign Tourists Visited Country in 2017; Earnings Cross $27 Billion

It we look at our potential we should be in the top-10 most visited countries in the world by tourist but sadly we are not

If you were to compile the increase of tourists arrivals every month, it may appear like this for 2017

Very low number of tourists from Pakistan to India and vice versa...

Regional tourism makes the largest chunk in tourism in Europe, far east, between Canada and US...so on and so forth.

Many times more people will visit India if situation, political and business improves and so will the Indians visiting Pakistan also gets an increase.

Very low number of tourists from Pakistan to India and vice versa...

Regional tourism makes the largest chunk in tourism in Europe, far east, between Canada and US...so on and so forth.

Many times more people will visit India if situation, political and business improves and so will the Indians visiting Pakistan also gets an increase.

True, we both could have upped the number considerably but the same is not happening any time soon

It we look at our potential we should be in the top-10 most visited countries in the world by tourist but sadly we are not
Agreed very much the huge potential that India have.
Very sad that India with so much beautiful and cultural places and attractions, find itself with tourist arrivals less than tiny mainly concrete jungle Singapore.

I hope India is safe enough:-)
Not safe enough.
Not hygiene enough.
Pathetic India have less tourist than tiny mainly concrete jungle Singapore.
Very Sad.

Not safe enough.
Not hygiene enough.
Pathetic India have less tourist than tiny mainly concrete jungle Singapore.
Very Sad.

Concrete jungle yes...but a well planned and green concrete jungle. Total green area in Singapore has risen to about 60% of the total land area, the pollution levels are one of the lowest in the world. Ideal cosmopolitan city state to be followed by other countries...

http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1370_2008-11-22.html

NCP.jpg

Green eco friendly buildings..
670909fa567e435eb7e078cb462761e6-ashx.jpg

I think regional tourism need to be promoted and this forum can be used to do exactly that instead of too many articles and posts creating more animosity and trust deficit...but that can also go along.

Skardu, Pakistan: An embodiment of nature's perfection

In the extreme north of Pakistan, Skardu the central valley of Gilgit-Baltistan, is an epitome of beauty, serenity and wilderness.

Paths to some of the world’s highest mountains that includes K2, K3, and Gasherbrum; all are connected through this valley.

These towering mountains attract thousands of climbers from all over the world each year; some have even lost their lives in efforts to summit these steep climbs.

552534a77b507.jpg

552534a1572da.jpg

Inside Shangrila. — S.M.Bukhari

5525349eba78c.jpg

55253498bb39c.jpg

552534b36e1b1.jpg

5525349a27df0.jpg

552534ae19b4c.jpg

552534aee1825.jpg

552534b2d3338.jpg

552534b0e7c3f.jpg

5525349b6db19.jpg

5525349b8dde8.jpg

552534a6a2874.jpg

552534a24fcf9.jpg

552534981804a.jpg

Cold desert at dusk.— S.M.Bukhari

552534a562243.jpg

552534a688027.jpg

5525349e68c1f.jpg

Last edited:
No it is unsafe and that is why 1 crore tourist visited India.
Are you really blowing your trumpet over 10,000,000 tourist ?
I would expect you to be hiding in shame instead.
That is less than Tiny Singapore.
Even Thailand had 3x more at 32 million and Malaysia with 27 million in 2016.

Of Course India should only compare with equally endowed countries.
Foreign tourist arrivals 2016 in China is 60 million, the US 75 million and top ranking France at 82 million.
Pathetic.

Tourism sector is contributing 6.88 per cent to the country's total GDP, besides 12.36 per cent of the total employment in terms of jobs. So tourists also spend more compared to some other countries, since they stay more and spend more....
India had been growing at not great but respectable rates without tapping the full potential of your tourism sector.
So its good to know that GDP and jobs can only go up bigly if India can unravel its dismal tourist arrivals of 10 million.

'Bhai' Chinese speaking in Hindi, mmm good you start learning our language.He go their for his benefit mainly his promotion of movie bhai , if its love affair, then its up to you. :D
Yes, I call my Pakistani bros bhai too. Isn't this Turko-Persian language unique? :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I have no issue with cultural exchanges, we have fans for Korean,Thai , Japanese, American movies, I myself watch certain Hindi movies, like slumdog millionaire and PK. I understand India more that way, and it's really real, the f-ups in India are so real, it makes me appreciate. I only have issues with Indian trying to potray themselves as supa powa near the borders. :enjoy:

'Bhai' Chinese speaking in Hindi, mmm good you start learning our language.He go their for his benefit mainly his promotion of movie bhai , if its love affair, then its up to you. :D

Yes, I call my Pakistani bros bhai too. Isn't this Turko-Persian language unique? :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I have no issue with cultural exchanges, we have fans for Korean,Thai , Japanese, American movies, I myself watch certain Hindi movies, like slumdog millionaire and PK. I understand India more that way, and it's really real, the f-ups in India are so real, it makes me appreciate. I only have issues with Indian trying to potray themselves as supa powa near the borders. :enjoy:
"Bhai" is a nice sounding word.

India has some great places. I visited India last year for the first time and was spellbound with it's culture and heritage. Went to Jaipur, Jodpur, Jaiselmer , Udaipur and Agra......oh Man! the forts are out of the world...never saw anything like that in my home country (NZ) or here in Australia
How come you missed Kerala and Goa ?

Any data to show they are foreign tourists as NRI's visiting India is also included in foreign tourists list.

In Pakistan too about 1.75 million foreign tourists visited the country and plausibly a large number of them seems to be Pakistani diaspora in US, UK and in other countries.

Also for India many websites has given a figure of around 8-8.5 million foreign tourists arrivals last year.

My guess is these figures are computed based on foreign passport holders visiting India. A large percentage of these tourists are from US, Bangladesh, UK and Sri Lanka.

Even in the 21st century people treat India as a Zoo.

Incredible.

India receives highest visitors from Bangladesh

According to Press Information Bureau of India, the percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during September 2017 among the top 15 source countries was highest from Bangladesh 29.65 percent, while 10.24 percent from the USA followed by UK (7.04 pc), Sri Lanka (3.98pc),

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/120747

Back
Top Bottom