What's new

Indian students rank 2nd last in global test

I'm sorry, but anyone who decides to take his/her own life without regard for what the rest of the family would go through, or who does not not have a plan B in case plan A doesn't work out, or who gives up in the face of failure does not deserve sympathy.

Peer pressure and emotional hatyachaar from one's parents are the main reasons for post examination suicides. If he doesn't commit suicide his life would have been hell on earth due to the above reasons and there no Plan B in many cases...either you are in IN or OUT.

I saw in TV about in girl who committed suicide bcs she got only 89% while the parents were expecting 99% from her.

Peer pressure and emotional hatyachaar from one's parents are the main reasons for post examination suicides. If he doesn't commit suicide his life would have been hell on earth due to the above reasons and there no Plan B in many cases...either you are in IN or OUT.

I saw in TV about in girl who committed suicide bcs she got only 89% while the parents were expecting 99% from her.

2 wrongs don't make a right bro. It doesn't change the fact that suicide is every bit as reprehensible as rape or beating a woman or molesting a child.

This whole thing needs to be revamped, starting with institutions lowering admission requirements, eradicating the quotas for minorities and NRI's alike, and changing the way education is imparted itself.

Most of all, parents must stop projecting their expectations onto the younger generation. There was a reason they didn't meet theirs when they were young, so why bring it on the children?

Ok. Name 1 country that would go to war to save India if New Delhi was occupied by a foreign military.

India can fight its own battles, but I can name several that will help them covertly and perhaps overtly in the case of some countries. The larger point I was putting forth earlier being, india is looked upon more favorably by most countries vs. china. Would that not be an honest assessment?

India can fight its own battles, but I can name several that will help them covertly and perhaps overtly in the case of some countries. The larger point I was putting forth earlier being, india is looked upon more favorably by most countries vs. china. Would that not be an honest assessment?

dont make me laugh ,how ? in what way the world looked upon india ? what has india achieved for the last 20 years?

Which China have none inspite of all the chest thumping about being the 'King of Math & Science'.

But still india rank 2nd last and china top enough said

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Where is your source? and moreover whats with Chinese IQ obsession.

yes 105 and 81 accept it and move on

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

i was right . You live in a fantasy world.

and you need a reality check this kind of test tell exactly where india are in world stage of developement.

China is doing better than India in almost all spheres of life. Hardly any Indian disagrees with this fact . I don't know why there is so much itch in every Chinese to keep trying to prove it .Why so much insecurity ? It is time China begins becoming a little more self confident .

Nope how can some one better than you feel insecurity than you genius?

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

and you need a reality check this kind of test tell exactly where india are in world stage of developement.

Unfortunately you know only good things by CCP monitored media. You are not aware about bad things curtsy no free media. When other people pointed bad things about u you just blown it out by saying it is western or Indian media propaganda.Grow up.

Unfortunately you know only good things by CCP monitored media. You are not aware about bad things curtsy no free media. When other people pointed bad things about u you just blown it out by saying it is western or Indian media propaganda.Grow up.

Funny i happened to live in uk been living in several countries in asia except china i dont even know what CCP stand for till i came here.seem like you are the one need to grow up not me.

Funny i happened to live in uk been living in several countries in asia except china i dont even know what CCP stand for till i came here.seem like you are the one need to grow up not me.[/QU

You even don't know fullform of CCP but you have so much info. about India. Don't mind but i don't believe you.

Funny i happened to live in uk been living in several countries in asia except china i dont even know what CCP stand for till i came here.seem like you are the one need to grow up not me.[/QU

You even don't know fullform of CCP but you have so much info. about India. Don't mind but i don't believe you.

where did i said i know so much about india?

China beats India in global education test

New Delhi: In an embarrassment to the Indian education system, 15-year-old Indians who were put, for the first time, on a global stage stood second to last, only beating Kyrgyzstan when tested on their reading, maths and science abilities.

India ranked second last among the 73 nations that took part in the annual Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) that his held to evaluate education systems worldwide.

Conducted by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Secretariat, the survey is based on two-hour test that half a million students are put through.

China's Shanghai province, also a first-timer, scored the highest in reading, mathematics and science, reports said.

The Indian government had selected Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh to take part in PISA, but their test results were disappointing.

In maths, they stood second and third to last, beating only Kyrgyzstan. When they were asked to read English text, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh were only better than Kyrgyzstan.

Science results were the worst. Himachal stood last, this time behind Kyrgyzstan. Tamil Nadu was slightly better and finished third from the bottom.

China beats India in global education test - www.daily.bhaskar.com

China beats India in global education test

New Delhi: In an embarrassment to the Indian education system, 15-year-old Indians who were put, for the first time, on a global stage stood second to last, only beating Kyrgyzstan when tested on their reading, maths and science abilities.

India ranked second last among the 73 nations that took part in the annual Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) that his held to evaluate education systems worldwide.

Conducted by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Secretariat, the survey is based on two-hour test that half a million students are put through.

China's Shanghai province, also a first-timer, scored the highest in reading, mathematics and science, reports said.

The Indian government had selected Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh to take part in PISA, but their test results were disappointing.

In maths, they stood second and third to last, beating only Kyrgyzstan. When they were asked to read English text, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh were only better than Kyrgyzstan.

Science results were the worst. Himachal stood last, this time behind Kyrgyzstan. Tamil Nadu was slightly better and finished third from the bottom.

China beats India in global education test - www.daily.bhaskar.com

I didn’t want to interfere but, I would like to say that the students taken for that test were of very poor level, may be intentionally, I guess. As, my home is based in north India and even a 12 years old little girl who come to do usual works with her elder sister fluently read English newspaper. And she study because of scholarship for SC quota in India? In India, first language for education is now English, not even hindi, so why those Indian students can’t even write and read English, didn’t they even pass class 5th?

Please read my post 58 of this thread and get some ideas about this competitive world. thanks

Inspite of all this you are a 3rd world country with not a single science Nobel prize to your name.

Back
Top Bottom