What's new

Indian Stealth Warships

wR1WzlT.jpg

MvYgx4C.jpg

Externally this one looks finished.

Well didn't it go out for a trial and developed some snag? It would have to be complete to be able to go out on a trial. Much awaited pic, if only we could get a clear image.

I think you're talking about the new ASW corvettes, not Kolkata class.

INS Kamorta runs aground during sea trials - Naval Technology

Nah INS Kolkata according to this news, otherwise it would have been commissioned by now.

Even as the torpedo issue was being sorted out, the navy was hit by the delay in project 15A for the construction of three Kolkata class destroyers

The first ship of the class, being constructed at Muzgaon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai, was scheduled to be delivered in July. But technical problems were detected during the sea trials of the destroyers - the largest warships to be constructed and designed at MDL.

It is estimated that the project has been delayed by at least six months as the new destroyer would now be made available only by early 2014.

Project 15A, under which three destroyers have to be built, is already running two years behind schedule. The revised deadline for the delivery of first ship was mid-2013. The project was going on track keeping up with the revised deadline but the snag was detected during the sea trials of the ship.

Read more at: Navy's ongoing hunt for heavy torpedoes leads to delay in modernisation process : North, News - India Today

Last edited:
Nah INS Kolkata according to this news, otherwise it would have been commissioned by now.

The article title indicates that it was the performance of the Heavy Torpedoes that seems to have delayed commissioning of INS Kolkata.

The article title indicates that it was the performance of the Heavy Torpedoes that seems to have delayed commissioning of INS Kolkata.

Its misleading the title,

A fresh hunt for heavy torpedoes for its new line of warships and a setback in the delivery of new destroyers has the Indian navy reeling under pressure of delay in major modernisation programmes.

I actually yet to update my Flickr acc and all of the photo I took that day is still in my portable hdd...

In all, I have about 20 photo on INS SAHYADRI in my hdd, compare to about 40 per ship...

Indian MP stop me from taking any picture inside, they got one post every corner, yet I think I do manage to took 2 picture inside, you saw one already, the ship plague is one of them

I can believe that, they can be quite paranoid about showing the inside of the ships, esp to foreigners !

The picture that you got of one of the Aussie OHPs interior was quite interesting. It shows the "Chart Table" with a "Nav.Chart" (that is sailor-speak for Maps). Just adjacent to the table is a vert. running black pipe with the legend 'Pot.Water' and an arrow. I found that quite curious. That means its a pipe which carries Potable Water (drinkable water) downwards from some tank. The location is odd because if that pipe ruptures for any reason, its contents will make a mess of the Chart Table area leading to an unhappy Navigator and a furious Captain! Why is it routed that way?
One principle of ship design is not to pass any liquid pipelines (fuel, water or ballast) through (or even adjacent to) any compartment that is critical to the Navigation or Combat Control of the Ship.
Rather an oddity!

About Manly Beach I've been there, as also to Bondi wich has some great surf running. Also been to Garden Is. Dockyard an Woolomooloo in the past.

I can believe that, they can be quite paranoid about showing the inside of the ships, esp to foreigners !
The Indian military's paranoia is on another level! They limit almost everyone from seeing almost everything even when sometimes it is seemingly illogical. I guess better to be safe than sorry.

An example of this secrecy:
One interesting turn of events for our Blog was a call that Neil took from the College, informing him that they had been reading the Blog and had requested all the military photographs be removed!Neil explained that all the photographs were of his own taking were unclassified in nature and available via open source on the internet.However, the Indian Military is very sensitive about such photos, so Neil complied with our hosts request and removed the photos and Blog entries, which is why there are now 10 entries less on our Blog!

Keeping Up with the Jones' in India

From the blog of a family who lived in India for 1 year whilst the father/husband was attending a defence course. The posts they removed were of the EXTERIOR of INS SHIVLAIK (taken from miles out), pics of the rehearsal of ex-Iron Fist, pics of Siachin Battle School and a few others. Hardly anything warranting that much secrecy!

haha,thats laughable really
we should be more open,its not like we are giving them radar codes or something

that itself make it a lousy destroyer that has no teeth at all if war breaks out

Back
Top Bottom