What's new

Indian sports minister spars with Olympic medallist

Aryan0395

Reaction score
Country
India
This is the kind of minister we need:-
Olympic medalist Mary Kom thanked Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore for encouraging the boxers ahead of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Women World Championship. The international boxing tournament, which will be held in New Delhi, starts from November 15 and will continue till 24.

Earlier in the day, Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore visited the Indira Gandhi Stadium and was seen sparred with Olympic medalist Mary Kom on Thursday. The minister reached the venue to interact with the boxers ahead of the tournament.

A video of the practice session between the minister and the boxer was shared by the boxer herself on her official Twitter handle. In the video, the minister was seen geared up in punching mitts and was seen engaged in a sparring with Mary. While Rathore was trying to evade most of Mary’s attack, he also surprised the boxer by some punches from his end.

[URL='https://twitter.com/MangteC/status/1057905505287503872']Mary Kom, who will the lead the Indian contingent, was on Wednesday named as the brand ambassador of the event. “This World Championship is special in lot many ways, I would definitely give my best shot and want to live the feeling of winning gold in front of the home crowd,” said the five-time World Champion Mary Kom.[/URL]

Olympic medalist Mary Kom thanked Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore for encouraging the boxers ahead of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Women World Championship. The international boxing tournament, which will be held in New Delhi, starts from November 15 and will continue till 24.

Earlier in the day, Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore visited the Indira Gandhi Stadium and was seen sparred with Olympic medalist Mary Kom on Thursday. The minister reached the venue to interact with the boxers ahead of the tournament.

A video of the practice session between the minister and the boxer was shared by the boxer herself on her official Twitter handle. In the video, the minister was seen geared up in punching mitts and was seen engaged in a sparring with Mary. While Rathore was trying to evade most of Mary’s attack, he also surprised the boxer by some punches from his end.

Mary Kom, who will the lead the Indian contingent, was on Wednesday named as the brand ambassador of the event. “This World Championship is special in lot many ways, I would definitely give my best shot and want to live the feeling of winning gold in front of the home crowd,” said the five-time World Champion Mary Kom.

he himself is olympic gold medalist

he himself is olympic gold medalist
Silver.

Mary Kom, who will the lead the Indian contingent, was on Wednesday named as the brand ambassador of the event. “This World Championship is special in lot many ways, I would definitely give my best shot and want to live the feeling of winning gold in front of the home crowd,” said the five-time World Champion Mary Kom.
BJP other than doing photo ops haven't done much for sports...BJP government in Haryana has reduced the monthly pay potential athletes were getting every month. They don't realize that most medallists came from humble backgrounds and they need financial help to keep their dreams alive ..Delhi Mumbai burger boys may have money to play sports but not the mental toughness to bring medals.

Silver.

BJP other than doing photo ops haven't done much for sports...BJP government in Haryana has reduced the monthly pay potential athletes were getting every month. They don't realize that most medallists came from humble backgrounds and they need financial help to keep their dreams alive ..Delhi Mumbai burger boys may have money to play sports but not the mental toughness to bring medals.

I agree with you that atheletes should be supported, otherwise sporting excellence is much harder to achieve.

I disagree with the part about burger boys. Plenty of people from wealthy backgrounds also have the drive and success to become the best.

Back
Top Bottom