Pakistan’s Usman Wazeer wins WBO Youth World title

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Astore-born won the bout through a technical knockout in the sixth round
1664382515015.png

Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer won the WBO Youth World title in Bangkok, Thailand, on Wednesday.

The Astore-born defeated Thailand’s Somphot Seesa in the bout through a technical knockout in the sixth round.

With the win, Wazeer has extended his undefeated professional boxing record to 9-0.

The 22-year-old has already clinched WBA Asia welterweight title, ABF Asian title and World Boxing Council’s Middle East title in the past.

“It is the biggest fight of my career. It is an honour for me to qualify for the World Youth title fight,” Wazeer had stated before the match.

Wazeer was not the only Pakistan boxer who won today as Shoaib Khan registered victory by technical knockout in 6 RDS Lightweight Bout against Thailand’s Sornram Sopakul in Bangkok.

There are a lot of top-level boxers in the UK of Pakistani origin, so there is no doubt that Pakistan possesses a ton of talent in this sport. All it will take is one champion to start a boxing revolution in this country but for that to happen the government must first provide athletes with resources, which we know will never happen in today's environment.

The Astore-born won the bout through a technical knockout in the sixth round
View attachment 883267
Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer won the WBO Youth World title in Bangkok, Thailand, on Wednesday.

The Astore-born defeated Thailand’s Somphot Seesa in the bout through a technical knockout in the sixth round.

With the win, Wazeer has extended his undefeated professional boxing record to 9-0.

The 22-year-old has already clinched WBA Asia welterweight title, ABF Asian title and World Boxing Council’s Middle East title in the past.

“It is the biggest fight of my career. It is an honour for me to qualify for the World Youth title fight,” Wazeer had stated before the match.

Wazeer was not the only Pakistan boxer who won today as Shoaib Khan registered victory by technical knockout in 6 RDS Lightweight Bout against Thailand’s Sornram Sopakul in Bangkok.

Is he Pashtun?

Idk bro just curious if he's a part of my people lol
Ok bro, I am not trying to be a** eventhough I am sounding like one, my bad dude
. edit

@Mirzali Khan pakhtuns, Urdu speakers and Punjabi people are well represented in Pakistan in pretty much every field except for politics where unfortunately it's divided along ethnic lines outside of PTI probably

are already represented in pretty much every field one can think of

if someone was a Baloch or baltistan or from interior Sindh I can understand cause they're not well represented in mainstream and it's probably a good feeling when they see their own getting some representation but for others, I mean is it really that big a deal, does it even matter?

That's why I asked, explaining cause I wasn't trying to be a** hole

Last edited:
Ok bro, I am not trying to be a** eventhough I am sounding like one, my bad dude
. edit

@Mirzali Khan pakhtuns, Urdu speakers and Punjabi people are well represented in Pakistan in pretty much every field except for politics where unfortunately it's divided along ethnic lines outside of PTI probably

are already represented in pretty much every field one can think of

if someone was a Baloch or baltistan or from interior Sindh I can understand cause they're not well represented in mainstream and it's probably a good feeling when they see their own getting some representation but for others, I mean is it really that big a deal, does it even matter?

That's why I asked, explaining cause I wasn't trying to be a** hole

I saw his last name “Wazeer” and thought he was from Waziristan

Yes Pakistani media and diaspora and even diaspora social media is well endowed with Punjabis, Urdu speakers, and Pashtuns but Baloch and Sindhis aren’t as visible or represented.

Back
Top Bottom