What's new

Indian Special Forces

14705838_2131478400411029_2987216883351103704_n.jpg

Badass.

@Abingdonboy @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

What I understand about the Pathakot that, there were only 6-12 Garuds at Pathankot, not possible to search operations at that vast area but to defends the key assets which they did successfully.
AFAIK there were a few more operators than that but yes, it was certainly a rather small contingent and clearly the NSG outnumbered the Garuds many fold (NSG's main CT tasf force consists of around 200 operators, cmmanders and support staff).

Such a big and important Airbase with only 12 Garuds?

Thats what I heard. After this incident, IAF decided to increase the number of Garuds comprising about 700 personnel. Its current numbers are around 1000+

It would have been much different if it is war time.

Thats what I heard. After this incident, IAF decided to increase the number of Garuds comprising about 700 personnel. Its current numbers are around 1000+

It would have been much different if it is war time.
The QRT/QRF should have atleast 30-60 people.

Then the reserve should be the same.

People at the gates and monitoring parameters should be in hundreds.

Its shocking because i have seen many Airbases around the country from Delhi to Bangalore and all around and i always felt they took their security seriously.Pathankot should have been given more security seeing it proximity to the IB.

The QRT/QRF should have atleast 30-60 people.

Then the reserve should be the same.

People at the gates and monitoring parameters should be in hundreds.

Its shocking because i have seen many Airbases around the country from Delhi to Bangalore and all around and i always felt they took their security seriously.Pathankot should have been given more security seeing it proximity to the IB.

If an adversary is prepared to die, not much can be done.

Having said that, the role of a MES personnel was suspect as per what reports emerged after the attack.

Such a big and important Airbase with only 12 Garuds?

There is nothing strange in that- Garuds are supposed to be SOGs they were not made to do Guard duties or SWAT duties-

I hope our SFs and SOGs are pulled out of SWAT duties- unless It is for training the young probies- they can do far better role consulting, directing and training local forces in those duties- as an consultant or supervisors to commanding officers- Their role is much more than these duties- We have already lost two very young and promising officers to this idiocy-

And these forces operate in no more than a team of six- so in an operational deployment it is funny how media claims 150 commandos conducted operations on 29/9- While there were only teams of six para on each target- assisted by airborne-

There is nothing strange in that- Garuds are supposed to be SOGs they were not made to do Guard duties or SWAT duties-

I hope our SFs and SOGs are pulled out of SWAT duties- unless It is for training the young probies- they can do far better role consulting, directing and training local forces in those duties- as an consultant or supervisors to commanding officers- Their role is much more than these duties- We have already lost two very young and promising officers to this idiocy-

And these forces operate in no more than a team of six- so in an operational deployment it is funny how media claims 150 commandos conducted operations on 29/9- While there were only teams of six para on each target- assisted by airborne-
Thats true but still 12 Garuds means 2 teams.Where is the backup?

And there is a big gap in the skill of Garuds and DSC.

Anyway, i dont believe in this 12 Garud figure.Even Aero India had more Garuds roaming around in gypsy.

After the Awantipur attack they were raised to take care of their security.So, the main objective will always remain this followed by pilot rescue,destroying radars or pin pointing targets.

How many Cornershots does the PARA SF/MARCOS/GARUDS/NSG have?

Coz i read the RR is getting some..and some rumors that Para SF is getting a special raid vehicle.(FAV,DPV,etc)

Back
Top Bottom