What's new

Indian Special Forces

@Abingdonboy
The other thread where you had tagged me was closed. So i decided to reply here.
The media is never interested in anything related to defence unless there's a major attack in their citadel. I am not surprised. And trust me, our jawans dont expect the nation to take notice of the sacrifices they make. Unfortunate but true.

RIP Goswami!!!
You were a brave soldier.

11350820_870481576334615_7968015564237577548_n.jpg

INDIAN ARMY PARA SF
@hkdas k bro i will post the video
I just noticed that in this pic two of the operators have AN/PEQ-2 Target Pointer/Illuminator/Aiming Light (TPIAL)attatched to the Tavor's forward P-rails- this despite the fact that the MARS has a visible and IR laser intergrated into it. Interesting.

12347954_979667855436850_3533441999386856063_n.jpg

I just noticed that in this pic two of the operators have AN/PEQ-2 Target Pointer/Illuminator/Aiming Light (TPIAL)attatched to the Tavor's forward P-rails- this despite the fact that the MARS has a visible and IR laser intergrated into it. Interesting.
why army still use cold war era laser pointers?? they should use AN/PEQ-16 instead.

(two other SF units also operate in Kashmir, the 1 Para and 4 Para).
@Abingdonboy,
2nd para are also in J&K, right??

@Abingdonboy,
2nd para are also in J&K, right??
J&K is homebase for 9 PARA (SF)- their HQ and training centres are all in the state but they maintain foreward bases all over Kashmir for induvidual teams.

Other SF btns (1,2,4 etc) are rotated through the state mostly at a team level (the entire btn won't be deployed). It is similar in the NE- 21 PARA (SF) have their HQ there but other SF teams/btns also rotate through the theatre.

J&K is home base for 9 PARA (SF)- their HQ and training centres are all in the state but they maintain foreward bases all over Kashmir for induvidual teams.

Other SF btns (1,2,4 etc) are rotated through the state mostly at a team level (the entire btn won't be deployed). It is similar in the NE- 21 PARA (SF) have their HQ there but other SF teams/btns also rotate through the theatre.
so where is the HQ of other para SF?? 2nd para have HQ in Bangalore right??

12286007_784521621660001_1496475124_n.jpg

The requirement for developing a new methodical 'Physical Training' regimen at INA, to improve the overall physical fitness standards and reduce sports injuries, was initiated by RAdm MD Suresh, NM, Deputy Commandant and Chief Instructor of the INA. Lt Cdr Anil Raina, an officer from the elite Special Force of Indian Navy, presently posted as Squadron Commander at INA, was accordingly tasked by the Deputy Commandant during Spring Term-15. Existing PT Regimen/ Tables of the Indian Navy, Army and the armed forces of USA, UK, Sweden and Sri Lanka, provided the parameters to formulate the design of the new PT regimen. Keeping the general physical fitness standards of cadets across terms and the need for appropriate PT programme, the Tables were designed subsequently. Feasible exercises, required to target major muscle groups, were identified and incorporated in the Tables which went through a number of iterations, refinement and revision, before they were finalized.

The task of taking the ‘scientific process’ on paper to the PT fields of INA was a most arduous task. Two teams of cadets from different terms were identified, one to undertake shooting of supporting videos for all the Tables and the other, to provide the technical support of rendering, mixing and editing the videos. In order to make access to the Tables easy to the tech savvy generation of cadets and instructors alike, the entire PT Training regimen was to be uploaded on a cloud storage, with a website and mobile application created to enable access to cadets and anybody else, even during vacations.

The entire task of designing 106 Tables along with detailed videos was completed entirely through in-house efforts of a small body of cadets, led admirably by Lt Cdr Anil Raina. Cadets had to meet all their regular training requirements during a hectic term packed with various training activities. The entire task was undertaken without any special time given to them. Their enthusiasm and dedication to prepare these Tables is in keeping with the spirit and ethos of the INA, where future naval leadership is shaped. The efforts of Lt Cdr Anil Raina and his team of cadets, are commendable and worthy of special appreciation. Their unstinting hard work shall benefit every future cadet at the INA and others who will use these Tables to enhance their physical fitness.

About us

Back
Top Bottom