What's new

Indian rupee slides as jets violate Pakistani airspace

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
rupee2.ashx

MUMBAI: Indian rupee declined for the first time in three days after geopolitical tensions escalated with Pakistan claiming airspace violation by its neighbour.

Indian fighter jets violated an agreed border between the two countries, the Pakistani army said Tuesday, as tensions between the nuclear-armed rivals rose following a major attack in Kashmir this month.

The rupee slid 0.4 percent to 71.2475 per dollar, while Nifty stock futures dropped 0.7 percent at 9:04 a.m. Mumbai time.

“It’s hard to imagine these tension subside going into the election period and this will remain an ongoing overhang on the rupee,” said Prakash Sakpal, an economist at ING Groep NV in Singapore.

“The aberration of the rupee from a positive sentiment in broader EM space is certainty the result of heightened border tensions with Pakistan.”

The rupee is already Asia’s worst performing currency this year ahead of general elections due by May where Prime Minister Narendra Modi faces a tough fight from opposition parties.

source of this article? besides the rupee has even gone down lower than this even when the IAF had not bombed pakistan.

My name is tree and i am from balakote and i am not a terrorist.
Well thats a good news.

Only you people can release the images from inside of your country so you control what comes out in media and what doesnt so i am not that anxious to see the images;)
May be its india's habbit to kill jurnalists and actors and black out media like in IOK. send your quadcopter to capture pictures if you something is not letting you sit down peacefully.

Only you people can release the images from inside of your country so you control what comes out in media and what doesnt so i am not that anxious to see the images;)
What? So your air force can send 10 fighter jets to bomb what they claim to be a high value target but cannot manage to get pictures of the area? are you serious mate?

It's natural. Who was expecting increase in currency at this day? after such unrest .

What? So your air force can send 10 fighter jets to bomb what they claim to be a high value target but cannot manage to get pictures of the area? are you serious mate?
I think ISRO will release the images at right time. We are good at narration. We dont dump entire info in one go. Gradual release of info is how you convince the world. Its a process. Information warfare is as important as actual war.

I think ISRO will release the images at right time. We are good at narration. We dont dump entire info in one go. Gradual release of info is how you convince the world. Its a process. Information warfare is as important as actual war.
I would say you are totally opposite of it. Within minutes of Uri and now Pulwama attack your people seem to have released the name of the terrorist, his picture, his whatsapp and FB account details, name of his kids, his famous food and what he had for breakfast! :D that is anything but "GRADUAL RELEASE".

As for pics, yes, i am keenly waiting for ISRO to feel its the right time and release the images. I hope they are released before the evidence of Pakistan's involvement in Uri attack is released and made public. :)

I am quite sure that before ISRO, the Pakistani authorities will take local and foreign media to the site of the claimed attack for people to see the truth with their own eyes just like it happened after Sir-Je-Kal strike.

I would say you are totally opposite of it. Within minutes of Uri and now Pulwama attack your people seem to have released the name of the terrorist, his picture, his whatsapp and FB account details, name of his kids, his famous food and what he had for breakfast! :D that is anything but "GRADUAL RELEASE".

As for pics, yes, i am keenly waiting for ISRO to feel its the right time and release the images. I hope they are released before the evidence of Pakistan's involvement in Uri attack is released and made public. :)

I am quite sure that before ISRO, the Pakistani authorities will take local and foreign media to the site of the claimed attack for people to see the truth with their own eyes just like it happened after Sir-Je-Kal strike.
We want Pakistani authorities to take them to that site. After they convince that nothing was there, we will release the info. As for terrorists info, it is important to put the blame fast. It puts the other on defensive position. Its not done for mass consumption. Its to build an international news stream. Countries have to react to public opinion. Admit or not, India is way better in using Information warfare.

We want Pakistani authorities to take them to that site. After they convince that nothing was there, we will release the info. As for terrorists info, it is important to put the blame fast. It puts the other on defensive position. Its not done for mass consumption. Its to build an international news stream. Countries have to react to public opinion. Admit or not, India is way better in using Information warfare.

I dont think any pics will be release by Indians, its either a bollywood movie or bharati netaji will claim their army is hanuman army for the world to digest as evidence.

Back
Top Bottom