What's new

Indian RTA-70 Regional Turboprop To Have Jet Variant?

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: Indian RTA-70 Regional Turboprop To Have Jet Variant?

NAL+RTA.JPG

Just obtained this impression of the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL) RTA-70 -- the first that depicts the aircraft as a jet rather than the turboprop (Pratt & Whitney engines have already been mooted for the project) it has always been known to be in concept so far. There are no official indications that it will be a jet, though this impression seems to indicate they're at least thinking in that direction. The project is currently near the end of its proof of concept stage, and encompasses India's first attempt at a 50-90 passenger regional aircraft. The following report from Vayu Aerospace earlier this year has all the details.

:tup:

it wouldnt Look bad though, its good that India is entering into this sector, But can India sustain between the major Firms Who have descent reputation in this field...

It would be good if we get domestic customers and Catch the regional Market

you are right sir what we need is HAL should start confidence building both in domestic and international sectors

you are right sir what we need is HAL should start confidence building both in domestic and international sectors

Yes, I would doubt NAL's performance, HAL should spear head it along with ISRO... what do You think, And That Too former chair man of ISRO Madhavan Nair should be leading this development...

Then I would say, with limited time, We can finish this Job.

one thing i don't understand is HAL has got a huge experience in avaiation sector compared to NAL they should have started a seperate plant for civil aircraft industry . what my point is why GOI created NAL instead of creating a seperate HAL division , second how would it be if the GOI merges NAL into HAL or DRDO

one thing i don't understand is HAL has got a huge experience in avaiation sector compared to NAL they should have started a seperate plant for civil aircraft industry . what my point is why GOI created NAL instead of creating a seperate HAL division , second how would it be if the GOI merges NAL into HAL or DRDO

Who said HAL does not have Plant for civil Aircraft??? HAL kanpur Is being Upgraded to Facilitate The production of Big transport aircraft for the upcoming MRTA, HAL kanpur can now undertake RTA-70...

And NAL was created to give a competition To HAL, But NAL is no where to be seen on the list of top 100 major defense firms, where as HAL stands 34th.

And even In the Late 70's HAL Kanpur could manufacture jets Like RTA-70, But now it has been further Upgraded..

Remember HAL kanpur Used to manufacture HS-748,Dornier-228,

Last edited:
it will be more fruitful if they handover this project to HAL

hmmm to be honest i want NAL OUT SIR :)

NAL has not been Given Adequate Infrastructure support, to Make It possible we need to Make NAL as able as HAL, HAL has been Our leading Aerospace Industry.... And NAL was left un noticed, now NAL is with a Proposal, If the Govt lets it Un noticed we would Bring there Morale down...

We already have two other Pvt Aerospace firms Coming Up, Mahindra and Mahindra and TATA has already started with a Rs 1000 crore helicopter unit in Hyderabad SEZ.....

To secure our future we need to give every one equal oppurtunities...

Rome was not built in a day

NAL has not been Given Adequate Infrastructure support, to Make It possible we need to Make NAL as able as HAL, HAL has been Our leading Aerospace Industry.... And NAL was left un noticed, now NAL is with a Proposal, If the Govt lets it Un noticed we would Bring there Morale down...

We already have two other Pvt Aerospace firms Coming Up, Mahindra and Mahindra and TATA has already started with a Rs 1000 crore helicopter unit in Hyderabad SEZ.....

To secure our future we need to give every one equal oppurtunities...

Rome was not built in a day

How does NAL stay afloat , they have only made about 2 major products in over 50 years .
And both for civilian needs.

How can they be even considered competition for HAL ?

How does NAL stay afloat , they have only made about 2 major products in over 50 years .

Govt did not meet the NAL's tenders and Instead relied on HAL, Govt did not have adequate funds to support both NAL and HAL, Now our govt can support 15 other industries such as these at a time without affecting our economy...

Last edited:
Govt did not met the NAL's tenders and Instead relied on HAL, Govt did not have adequate funds to support both NAL and HAL, Now our govt can support 15 other industries such as these at a time without affecting our economy...

Then i hope we get to see some good products from them as well.

Even a transport plane , can later be used to mount AEW&CS.

But out of curiosity sir, was NAL ever a contender for the LCA requirement

Then i hope we get to see some good products from them as well.

Even a transport plane , can later be used to mount AEW&CS.

But out of curiosity sir, was NAL ever a contender for the LCA requirement

yes thats true, we already have 3 transport aircrafts projects Underway...

RTA-70
RTA-90
MRTA passenger version

and Some VIP jets Like SARAS...

RTA can be a platform for AWACS and Ofcourse even the MRTA

But isn't that an opportunity for us to build up a second company in the aerospace sector besides HAL? HAL already has way too many developments in the engine, helicopter and fighter part, not to mention the coming MRTA, so let NAL do it, with HALs assistance and let them improve too.
Btw, still not saw any military versions of the RTA, but especially for IN, or ICG it would be useful as MPAs, or as light - medium transport aircrafts in IAF, below the MRTA.
So what are the chances for such versions?

Back
Top Bottom