What's new

Indian Products You can Find in Pakistan?(Just to Know)

Indian slow speed diesel engines aka Lister clones are the best and most fuel efficient in class and I hope to be able to buy them someday in Pakistan. Currently they are re-routed via UAE and the whole drama makes it very expensive to the tune of $5000 USD per engine. The beauty of these engines is that they will burn anything, even the dirtiest fuel, used cooking oil, waste varnish mixed with kerosene, liquified animal fat, etc etc ..

They have a potential of addressing Pakistani power shortage saga in a "green" way by recylcling tons of animal fat from the slaughter houses.

0.jpg

Never new about this....thanks for teaching me something new....

So how are these engines used? I mean certainly not in cars!

Never new about this....thanks for teaching me something new....

So how are these engines used? I mean certainly not in cars!

They are stationary engines in one and two cylinder configuraitons. Single cylinders are available in 6-8 HP power rating and dual cylinder go between 10-18HP. Can be sourced for as cheap as $1000 dollars and upwards of $4000 for an dual cylinder electronically controlled emission complaint unit. The laters ones are exclusive for US market where anything and everything which burns something must pass EPA regulations. The rest all stuff is pretty simple. You fix the engine on a base, connect the fuel lines and fire it up. It burns fuel and give to motion energy which can be connected to an alternator for generating electricity, running stationary machines, etc etc.

Most american have resorted to using it in home power production by buring waste oil which can be had from fast food resturants for free. So in essense free electricity.

rocketboy.jpg

Here i dug up an image from my archives.

PS: I have a massive archive of R/D on these engines and using them for electricity production. Project only shelved due to lack of funds and inablity to build a large enough order for economies of scale. If any Pakistani investor intrested in clean energy is ready then we can talk about restarting the project. There will be a huge demans of micro-scale power generation after massive collapse of infrastructure in recent flooding.

Last edited:
I've Heard People Using Lombardini Diesel Engines For Agricultural Purposes(Pumping,using V-belt connected for misc usages) as well as in Diesel Engined Motorcycle(Indians Remember SURAJ,ENFIELD TAURUS)s Which gives Awesome 70kmpl Mileage.
But this "Indian slow speed diesel engines" is New to Me.
Note:Below is a Lombardini Engined may be 3-4 Decade Old Royal Enfield Motorcycle:
32556d1217040737-royal-enfield-taurus-diesel-picture-048.jpg

Royal Enfield Taurus diesel - Page 3 - Team-BHP

D'damas is a joint venture between Gitanjali Gems and the Dubai based Damas Group; D'damas is a sub-brand that combines international quality with Indian values.
Having outlets all across the world doesn't change the fact that it's an indian brand. Other than that numerous jewelers in Pakistan import indian jewelry & it's no secret.

Actually their latest models are available too, this will give you some insight
Micromax Q55 Bling mobile phone specification, price: Micromax cell phone sets - Pakistan

Micromax Q55 Bling Price:

Micromax Q55 Bling Price in India – 5499 Indian rupees

Micromax Q55 Bling Price in Pakistan – 10339 Pakistan Rupees
My phone is also micromax made. They have excellent dual-sim mobiles with all features at a very cheap price. And what more unlike chinese mobiles u get warranty also!

Baba 120 + Ratna .... :smitten:

Alot of Paapar from Jodhpur .. relatives bring them when they visits here every year ... :)

Baba 120 + Ratna .... :smitten:

Alot of Paapar from Jodhpur .. relatives bring them when they visits here every year ... :)

Intersting thing about Paaper is that most of them are made by women at their homes.

It actually changed the status of women in the society. Company provides them raw material and all they have to do is prepare Paaper from it. They don't even have to leave their home. :)

And Next time tell your relatives to try Sindhi Paaper.

This thread needs some update.Did any other Indian product get to Pak market other than the ones discussed?

sad to hear that gutkha craze is present in pakistan too....people who eat gutkha irritate me...

^^ Indeed you r right.Gutka is extremely harmful.Maybe most harmful form of chewing tobaco_One of my friend used to take Gutka greatly suffred for it.Never toched it since

i even remember my neck being shaved with that blade by an old barber, that was 22 years back :)

my cusin deals in auto parts in karol bagh and he tells me that a lot of spares (like control cabels, bearings, oil seals & piston rings) are exported in millions $$ worth to dubai & from there they are sent to pakistan ..he even tells that before parliament attck corore 's worth spares were sent from ludhiana to pakistan , not to mention spares for deisel engines , fan belts , chain sprokets & spaers for machine tolls...like of bosch , wolf ect as german parts are tooo costly

Most american have resorted to using it in home power production by buring waste oil which can be had from fast food resturants for free. So in essense free electricity.

rocketboy.jpg

[/B]
isn`t waste oil is harmfull .i mean to environment.doesnt is causes pollution

Back
Top Bottom