What's new

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report

Status
Not open for further replies.
in India poverty level is going down considerably... can't say the same for pakistan...with rising inflation an corruption ...picture is looking more gloomy

Well UN stats say differently. I choose to believe them

in India poverty level is going down considerably... can't say the same for pakistan...with rising inflation an corruption ...picture is looking more gloomy

there is a thread already exist on the issue...why are you opening the new one ? your intentions are not good... please rise above and being a human being.

I think with Indian rupee dropping like a stone you may well be facing more inflation

Very commendable. The truth is if you believe poverty is being reduced in our region over the last decade then you must be living on mars. Both our nations suffer from this horrible infestation and we have a long way to go to eradicate it. I would talk about stats in Pakistan but of course you will complain its off topic. I will simply say and repeat what illusion8 posted on another thread. As long as we have children going to sleep tonight starving and suffering from malnutrition then we still have a long long way to go. It hurts me to think this is the case - but its the truth.

I think with Indian rupee dropping like a stone you may well be facing more inflation

indian rupee is hardly gone down by 8-10 % but if you compare it with pakistan ..PKR has been dropped by some 40-50 % for past 3 yrs. Indian rupee is way stronger than Pakistani rupee and if you add the fudging of data by Mushraff the picture gets more gloomy.

the date is 3/nov 2011 ...please don't misguide and there is a already existing thread...no need to post a new one

So in the last six months has the situation improved, considering the suicide rate amongst the Indian farmers, sadly it doesn't look too encouraging.!!

ohhh someone fired nuke here now wait for results . opening a thread on poverty means tactical nuke fire on forum :rofl:

They started

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...low-poverty-line-reports-bis.html#post2947802

But I thought that poverty is poverty whether in Pakistan or India also this source is more genuine so we should discuss it here as Indians were complaining on that thread that we were going off topic as they only like to discuss poverty in Pakistan so they can knock Pakistan a bit sad really to use hungry people for petty point scoring

But Indian must learn from Pakistan. As ours is less worse than there situation. But to be honest I can not think what we are doing better than Indians. If I did I would go and tell them

Please tell Indian...how Pakistan manage to have poverty from 25% to 49%....

They started

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...low-poverty-line-reports-bis.html#post2947802

But I thought that poverty is poverty whether in Pakistan or India also this source is more genuine so we should discuss it here as Indians were complaining on that thread that we were going off topic as they only like to discuss poverty in Pakistan so they can knock Pakistan a bit sad really to use hungry people for petty point scoring
if you see the trend ..we are on the right path t achieve the millennium goal i hope the same for pakistan.

very sad very sad

india needs toilets for 42% of its population, lets export toilets

Please tell Indian...how Pakistan manage to have poverty from 25% to 49%....

actually in pakistan... they manipulate the data so much to get the funds from IMF and others donor institutions...

For instance how it is possible that after doing so well under mushraff they had to go back to IMF for loans ?

Yes, poverty is big problem for India; however, I would have liked the post if it were not a comparison between India and Pakistan. India poverty is India's problem and not any way related to Pakistan

the date is 3/nov 2011 ...please don't misguide and there is a already existing thread...no need to post a new one

IPL5 I know you like discussing poverty. For your information poverty is poverty whether it occurs in Pakistan or India. You can not pretend your poverty is shining and incredible sadly. Perhaps you would like to read this:

According to WFP, India accounts around 50% of the world’s hungry. (more than in the whole of Africa) and its fiscal deficit is one of the highest in the world. India’s Global Hunger Index (GHI) score is 23.7, a rank of 66th out of 88 countries. India’s rating is slightly above Bangladesh but below all other South Asian nations and India is listed under “ALARMING” category. Ref: IFPRI Country Report on India

Around six out of 10 Indians live in the countryside, where abject poverty is widespread. 34.7 % of the Indian population lives with an income below $ 1 a day and 79.9 % below $ 2 a day. According to the India’s planning commission report 26.1 % of the population live below the poverty line. [World Bank’s poverty line of $1 a day, but the Indian poverty line of Rs 360 a month, or 30 cents a day].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom