What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I'm afraid I never faced a voluntary choice. There was no question of not following in my uncle's footsteps and becoming an aviator at sea, with no regard to my notable deficient motor skills, that would have shut the door on such a career with a resounding clang. So when I was found at the school medicals before the SSB to have mild myopia, that put paid to things in a definitive kind of way.

Since that shattering day, I've drifted along as a civilian, never quite convinced about what I was doing even during my shadow-land stints.

Joe we all serve.

In any way we can.

What's important is that we live here, and sweat and bleed here.

And we've both done our bit for India. We can say that with pride, and a clean heart.

Incidentally, my "choice" was not all that voluntary either. More when we meet, and imbibe.

Cheers, Doc

Such a convenient explanation! The left in India is merely a crowd of social parasites seeking to exert influence far above their competence or their roles in daily life.

The best part is that this is quite true of a number. What is a tragedy is that confused people (like you) then go on to think that EVERYONE is smeared with tar from the same brush. As this amazed account actually points out, there is a hard-core of worthy and sensitive people, around whom these others rotate, but to those unable to discover which are borrowed feathers and which are genuinely Jim Crow, to mangle a couple of similes in a couple of languages, they all seem the same.

That is why the hyena pack goes after the intellectual segment; they are not seen as intellectual, but as just other members of the beehive.

Unfortunately, this writer happened to get into the Pupul Jayakar circuit (you, of course, reading a south Indian's account, are knowledgeable enough to know her role, apart from selecting saris for Indira Gandhi), and drew his conclusions about that circuit. What he apparently doesn't know, or didn't know, was that there are a number of circuits like this, and he has apparently not been exposed to them. The Sanghis have their own; equally starched khaddar, intermingled in the same proportions with polyester as this crowd, but speaking, rather than their 'butler' English (the narration says 'butter' English, which you should correct to protect the reputation of the - shall we call him a whistle-blower?), an arch kind of Hindi, spoken with as great an effect in quelling pretensions of equality as the previously mentioned 'butler' English. Actually it is spoken with greater accuracy and verve than the 'butler' English; that, as its name hints, is an acquired patois of the serving classes in British households, as far removed from the masters' English as was Babu English, another patois.

Back to the point: if you have frequented Delhi social circles, you will very soon learn which circles suit you, and empower you, and gravitate to them, and they to you. It is not just about pretentious Indians creating a space for themselves disproportionately bigger than their deserts, it is about pretentious Indians creating many spaces and creating much larger landscapes to dominate. Another circuit, that our dazzled little country mouse might not have encountered in his brief stay, is the cricket administration circuit. Traditionally a method by which fairly large sums of money were parcelled and passed around, where cricketing careers were made and broken over a Whisky Sour, and power was exercised in precisely the same manner that has been described, but in an entirely different context. There are several more; the retired military circuit, poisonous as hell, that is contaminated by greasy, sleek creatures with small beady eyes looking for a breakthrough and an entree into offices that might benefit them.

Thank you for presenting this very amusing note, but I am not sure that you know about the whole territory. The author clearly didn't.

I shall just throw this to the chap who posted in our group and see his reply and then get back to you. Actually I don't have the luxury of thinking and then reply.:-)

And about spelling, fact is when you sit inside car waiting for son's tuition to end and just when you click on the reply button, the son comes and knocks on the door....you just shut all down and start the car.

Frankly, I just copy paste articles and just some reply on WhatsApp and twitter. I am just amazed as to how you and many get time to write and reply to everyone on each topic? You are on this forum or in others?

Even during this small reply to you I get disturbed by phone calls on various problems from my business. So no way to think before posting.:-)

DLOzuNgVAAA_4H1.jpg

I shall just throw this to the chap who posted in our group and see his reply and then get back to you. Actually I don't have the luxury of thinking and then reply.:-)

And about spelling, fact is when you sit inside car waiting for son's tuition to end and just when you click on the reply button, the son comes and knocks on the door....you just shut all down and start the car.

Frankly, I just copy paste articles and just some reply on WhatsApp and twitter. I am just amazed as to how you and many get time to write and reply to everyone on each topic? You are on this forum or in others?

Even during this small reply to you I get disturbed by phone calls on various problems from my business. So no way to think before posting.:-)

Some two years ago, someone on PDF asked me how many fora I belong to. I actually counted; at that time, it was 17. Now it's three or four, AFAIK. Strangely, people (both Indians and Pakistani) hate me only on this forum.

I wasn't criticising your spelling, just using the phrase to make a point.

Some two years ago, someone on PDF asked me how many fora I belong to. I actually counted; at that time, it was 17. Now it's three or four, AFAIK. Strangely, people (both Indians and Pakistani) hate me only on this forum.

I wasn't criticising your spelling, just using the phrase to make a point.

there are people like me who like you and feel grear to read you.

people dislike everyone and everything which is diffrent from their set of rule.

but eventually only those diffrent ones matters.

You know the worst thing about this?
The Hindu would not have apologised if not the for the Sanghis exposing them.
This low life news peddler has done the damage. They have destroyed a good Samaritan out to help people risking his own life.

And I see certain quarters have not commented on these repeated, targeted media distortions. More importantly these same quarters would not begin to comment the Sanghis who exposed the filth in the media.

The pic seems to prove that going to a temple = Sanghification

The so called media has gone so low that these kinds of pics + news are not surprising anymore.
Hindu was one of my fav news papers growing up. I can't believe the filth it has become now.

The so called media has gone so low that these kinds of pics + news are not surprising anymore.
Hindu was one of my fav news papers growing up. I can't believe the filth it has become now.
The Hindu was always a leftist rag. And less said about NDTV the better

You sanghis better start toning it down and building bridges.

Your time is nigh.

Cheers, Doc

You sanghis better start toning it down and building bridges.

Your time is nigh.

Cheers, Doc

Ok Sir.
On the other hand the haters of Hindus can ratchet it up a few notches, there will be no consequences from us ;)

For Dushera we Hindus were all thrilled at the insults towards Durga maa.
Next up is Diwali, surprise us please.

Ok Sir.
On the other hand the haters of Hindus can ratchet it up a few notches, there will be no consequences from us ;)

For Dushera we Hindus were all thrilled at the insults towards Durga maa.
Next up is Diwali, surprise us please.

I cannot speak for the haters, but I personally respect Hinduism and its culture and rich history a lot. It is my land, it is my culture, it is my civilization, and these are my people.

We practice a lot of Hindu traditions among the Parsis. For example on Dassera religiously all cars and bikes and cycles will be washed and put out in the sun, sparkling, and the lady of the house with her kids (and maids helping) will do Pooja to all the vehicles and put flowers and haldi and red tikas and rice and break a coconut and eggs (which our dogs gulp down excitedly minutes later). All of it in silver "ses" with the customary rose water sprinkler and cone and small little vessels and the customary jasmine and rose haar and divo.

main-qimg-741d7faf21d09ee21bdb61a908079b09-c

Ses.bmp

Sanghis, however, are Hindu-ized mirror images of ideological streams that do not belong to or come from this land.

Yes, I concede they might be reactionary to the same.

But then you would need to concede that oftentimes one unknowingly becomes what one hates the most.

You should not feel bad if a fellow Indian points it out to you.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Even for a man as strong Modi, I think he has touched a wrong nerve. These elements are too powerful. They can destroy India through the media worldwide. They can create a picture that rivers of blood are flowing in India.
I hate this frustration which comes out of my state of helplessness. I wish i could do something about it.
Something about those pests!

Back
Top Bottom