What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Speaking of Yogi's achievements, I don't consider loan-waiver a good thing by itself.

Agreed...I am not fan of loan wavers.

BUT, farmers need a systemic overhaul.
All western countries, including the first world, are actively pro-farmer.
In Australia the incentives farming community gets is insane..

Agreed...I am not fan of loan wavers.

BUT, farmers need a systemic overhaul.
All western countries, including the first world, are actively pro-farmer.
In Australia the incentives farming community gets is insane..

Exactly. Getting new technologies, education, training and providing irrigation (including micro/rainwater harvesting based) will go a far longer distance. But these are early days for Yogi and I sincerely hope BJP ruled states take a lead in overhauling the agriculture that is so badly needed instead of looking at agriculture only from the prism of elections.

I don't consider loan-waiver a good thing by itself. Not only is it not fiscally prudent, but also discourages honest loan repayment in the hope that the loans will waived. I know several farmers personally, that don't need loans, but who deliberately take loans and keep them at less than 1 Lakh (and in some cases, Rs. 50,000) hoping that either the unpopular incumbent government or the new one will waive their loans. And many times such farmers have been rewarded too.

Yes it was a political promise made by BJP (rather than pro-development move). It is more typical "populist" move therefore (buy optics buffer etc - esp given BJP at one point were not entirely sure of how UP elections was swinging). In hindsight they would have probably won comfortably without making (and thus having to implement) this waiver promise....but hindsight is 20/20 of course.

BTW are you sure its handled by loan amount due rather than land size holding of the farmer as filed in the I-T department?

Though you are right that there are all kinds of tricks used by the rich farmers/goonda networks anyway in getting small farmers to go for loans and hand over the money to them for caretaking etc....and thus that conduit is also what benefits from any waiver.

BTW are you sure its handled by loan amount due rather than land size holding of the farmer as filed in the I-T department?

Though you are right that there are all kinds of tricks used by the rich farmers/goonda networks anyway in getting small farmers to go for loans and hand over the money to them for caretaking etc....and thus that conduit is also what benefits from any waiver.

Not all of them are large size holders. But yes, they all know the tricks in the book and previous experiences have taught them exactly how one qualifies for such loan waivers.

I forsee 8 years down the line yogi and fadnavis would be rivaling each other for the post of prime minister, with yogi winning eventually :D
Nah I don't see Fadnavis as PM material. If Yogi succeeds in bringing back normalcy and development to UP I don't think BJP would have any leader in their cadre to stand in his comparison.

Nah I don't see Fadnavis as PM material. If Yogi succeeds in bringing back normalcy and development to UP I don't think BJP would have any leader in their cadre to stand in his comparison.

There are few young guns who can stake claim. Let the law of natural succession take it's course.
Both Fadnavis and Yogi have their strong points. It will all boil down to who will deliver in their respective states.

Modi will not send IT team on these people:

tem45r456.png

I forsee 8 years down the line yogi and fadnavis would be rivaling each other for the post of prime minister, with yogi winning eventually :D

What makes you think that way dude he definetly is a PM material considering the way he is handling things in Maharashtra. Be it Oratory Skills/Clean image/bold decision/Pro investment approach/People sensitive/social media followers he has almost all the qualities to be a PM material in another 10 years time and below are my points for that

1) Bold decision to break the well oiled NCP-Congress network (The Devendra Fadnavis govt is systemically taking apart Sharad Pawar’s empire built on sugar, APMCs, credit and irrigation)

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/wB...harashtra-Squeeze-out-NCP-from-its-stron.html

2) Handling shiv sena like a pro ( Him being a new face handling a well networked party with 40 years of experience is no small feat)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-will-root-out-graft/articleshow/57227606.cms

3) Handling Farmers/Water issues ( Read about the rural water conservation programme where the target is to irrigate 6,000 villages in five years since 2014. So far, more than 2,000 villages have been covered.)

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...er-devendra-fadnavis/articleshow/49560469.cms

4) 9.4% economic growth and a pro investment approach ( Remember Mumbai Summit)

5) He is Humble,Excellent oratory skill and enjoys the rare reputation of ‘Mr Clean’ in Maharashtra politics and he is as popular as Modi in his home state despite no media focus on him which Yogi enjoys

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-BJPs-internal-study/articleshow/51708445.cms

Pakistan finally finds Kavita Krishnan ... 11:50 onwards

No offense to women here, but when you see the kk's and sadhvis and andrabis of the world, you wonder what came first.

The ugliness or the hate.

Back
Top Bottom