What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

If BJP is going to walk into UP, Goa and Punjab quoting 'surgical strikes', its going to loose the elections.

All these are only feel good factors like the "shining India' campaigning of old, it will create a right atmosphere for BJP, but will not earn it votes.

To get votes, BJP has to cater to the man on the ground and address his basic requirements. Safety, money and a direct help line to their problems.

Was that an anti-AAP post by you? what happened?
It was just a joke I seen it I liked it so I shared it, nothing else. Don't be surprised I am not a hardcore bhakt of kejriwal or any other party. I just follow honest options in politics.

If BJP is going to walk into UP, Goa and Punjab quoting 'surgical strikes', its going to loose the elections.

All these are only feel good factors like the "shining India' campaigning of old, it will create a right atmosphere for BJP, but will not earn it votes.

To get votes, BJP has to cater to the man on the ground and address his basic requirements. Safety, money and a direct help line to their problems.
I agreed. For example in Punjab this surgical strikes & war hysteria is backfiring on BJP & Akalis. People are angry in Border areas for their sudden shifting ordered by government. They fear destruction of their livestock & crops which are their only source for bread & butter. Captain Amrinder Singh is gaining their support because he is encouraging them to go back to their homes & fields. Majority of Punjabis are in fear of syria like conditions because of war. Anti war propaganda is rising in social media among Punjabis & NRI Sikhs.

I agreed. For example in Punjab this surgical strikes & war hysteria is backfiring on BJP & Akalis. People are angry in Border areas for their sudden shifting ordered by government. They fear destruction of their livestock & crops which are their only source for bread & butter. Captain Amrinder Singh is gaining their support because he is encouraging them to go back to their homes & fields. Majority of Punjabis are in fear of syria like conditions because of war. Anti war propaganda is rising in social media among Punjabis & NRI Sikhs.

What is the point of cross border strike if you cannot protect the people INSIDE your own border.

The people who have suffered due to this 'surgical strike' should be compensated ASAP. That is the right thing to do. Either the GoI protect them or compensate them if they FAIL to protect them.

Considering the BJP has not announced any plans to compensate the people on the border, they deserve to be punished for this.

BJP's victory was a fluke. It succeeded because others were all divided. You can't win on Hindu nationalism in a country with a Hindu population of roughly 40%. :disagree:

BJP's victory was a fluke. It succeeded because others were all divided. You can't win on Hindu nationalism in a country with a Hindu population of roughly 40%. :disagree:

It was a Modi victory, not a BJP victory. BJP just rode on Modi's shoulders.

But for other states, it cannot ride the Modi wave. It has to win the confidence of its supporters that they can deliver on what people think they can deliver.

End of the day there is no substitute for money in the bank.

It was a Modi victory, not a BJP victory. BJP just rode on Modi's shoulders.

But for other states, it cannot ride the Modi wave. It has to win the confidence of its supporters that they can deliver on what people think they can deliver.

End of the day there is no substitute for money in the bank.
Like I said. Even that support was due to the Hindu vote. And the Hindus are only 2/5 of the population. So .. :)

Like I said. Even that support was due to the Hindu vote. And the Hindus are only 2/5 of the population. So .. :)

Its not smart to create a new class of 'dalits'. One should learn from history. Even 'secular' hindus needs to be considered hindus and needs to be brought back into the main stream. :angel:

Its not smart to create a new class of 'dalits'. One should learn from history. Even 'secular' hindus needs to be considered hindus and needs to be brought back into the main stream. :angel:
Hinduism is about to be extinct within the turn of the next century. I don't see any use in flagging a dead horse only so that it continues to smell for more time to come. :disagree:

Besides, I don't see secular Hindus anywhere. I see secular people. And I see Hindus. Mutually exclusive.

Hinduism is about to be extinct within the turn of the next century. I don't see any use in flagging a dead horse only so that it continues to smell for more time to come. :disagree:

Besides, I don't see secular Hindus anywhere. I see secular people. And I see Hindus. Mutually exclusive.

You are being too overly dramatic. I probably understand your point of view. But nothing of that sort is going to happen anytime.

Back
Top Bottom