What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

This is one of those situations where action is required but silently. But people want action like headlines on a newspaper. Hype like this can force India to make blunder which can hurt us in long term, people will not realise this due to them being sentimental right now. Usually ation is more important than the noise from that action, but more so in this situation.

Apart from that required action which will not be heard, India must also use its diplomatic power to make Pakistan think twice before doing any misadventures. The noise of this action must be loud and clear. If they fail to do it, then they must seriously leave.

And i don't understand one thing what stops from agitating Indian Americans to protest in masses against terror attacks by Pakistan and stop American funding.
This administration has done much more damage to Pak covertly than any previous administrations..whether it's US cancelling f16s & withholding aid money or UAE, KSA & other Arab countries' tilt towards India...forging strategic ties with Iran & keeping Pak out of Afghan affairs.. Modi has been successful in isolating Pakistan.
Emotions are high right now...everyone wants visible action against Pak. However I fully agree with DGMO..any retaliatory action will be decided by our forces at a time & place of their choosing. Give them a free hand...& let govt provide them with political & diplomatic cover.

But is that what you see and hear ?

Indian americans have better things to do with their lives than waste it on protesting for India. These are people who have ALREADY LEFT India to find a better life. Now that they have found it, don't expect them to throw it away so that you can live better.
True.

If Modi do not respond to pathankot and uri soon, then this will be enough fodder for the opposition in Gujarat and elsewhere in India.

What can we do? We need to cut all political ties, cut trade, suspend giving visas to them, suspend our ppl from going there.
In today's world economic sanctions and pressure is only way we go. The way China has bought away GB and other provinces, China also becomes a party in case of armed action.

Yes, unfortunately he is in similar catch catch situation as AB Vajpayee. He won Kargil, but lost because of Kandahar.

More unfortunate that the Media or Opposition, no one stands by him as a united India.

If he takes action and fails, they will sacrifice him. If he gets some result, he will surpass Indira.

Its a matter of luck and destiny, no one knows.

What can we do? We need to cut all political ties, cut trade, suspend giving visas to them, suspend our ppl from going there.
In today's world economic sanctions and pressure is only way we go. The way China has bought away GB and other provinces, China also becomes a party in case of armed action.

Yes, unfortunately he is in similar catch catch situation as AB Vajpayee. He won Kargil, but lost because of Kandahar.

More unfortunate that the Media or Opposition, no one stands by him as a united India.

If he takes action and fails, they will sacrifice him. If he gets some result, he will surpass Indira.

Its a matter of luck and destiny, no one knows.

I am sorry to say but your reply stinks of fear.

Diplomacy ALWAYS flows from the barrel of the gun.

China is already a party, but if and when direct action take place, China will play it safe. it does not want to further antagonise India and push India towards supporting the US.

Vajpayee was a fool in my opinion. His strategy of putting troops in the border was idiotic and knee jerk. Its was all daramebazi and no actual action. I am certain Modi is no fool.

IF Modi IS to take action, EVERYBODY will stand by him. Of that I am sure. That has been the history of opposition in India.

Its better to try and fail than never try at all. if Modi does not even try, then he is not the man we all though he was.

WTF dude, is misusing a freakin twitter account the greatest of your concern right now? all the things that are happening and you choose to concentrate on this?

What do you mean? What should I concentrate on? You mean the terrorist attack? Yeah I paid my condolences and that's all I can do. We will be outraged for 2-3 days, there will big statements from politicians, there will be kadi-ninda of Pakistan, maybe a few instances of border firing and then we will move on. That's how it's always been and to be completely honest I don't know what other solution we have. The bottom line is despite all the threats our forces were not prepared for something like this.

It's not merely a twitter account. It points to a general trend of self-advertising using all means. More hot air than substance. Have you even checked the PMO twitter account? There are at least 20-25 tweets with links to Modi's personal website testimonials describing his greatness. I don't expect such spams from the PM's office.

Last edited:
I am sorry to say but your reply stinks of fear.

Diplomacy ALWAYS flows from the barrel of the gun.

China is already a party, but if and when direct action take place, China will play it safe. it does not want to further antagonise India and push India towards supporting the US.

Vajpayee was a fool in my opinion. His strategy of putting troops in the border was idiotic and knee jerk. Its was all daramebazi and no actual action. I am certain Modi is no fool.

IF Modi IS to take action, EVERYBODY will stand by him. Of that I am sure. That has been the history of opposition in India.

Its better to try and fail than never try at all. if Modi does not even try, then he is not the man we all though he was.

He will try and we all hope so. He has to prove why we all have high regards for him.
I did not want to sound of fear but instead highlight that with media and opposition routing for him, the same public support for him will wither down in case of misfired shot.
We need to take the Baloch issue serious now and create havoc.

He will try and we all hope so. He has to prove why we all have high regards for him.
I did not want to sound of fear but instead highlight that with media and opposition routing for him, the same public support for him will wither down in case of misfired shot.
We need to take the Baloch issue serious now and create havoc.

Again if Modi does something just because the public wants or does not want, then I will have to conclude that he is not the man I thought he was.

Modi's entire USP is that he does the right thing IRRESPECTIVE of public support or outrage. He has to stand by his own beliefs and principles.

Modi said one thing right, we need VISIBLE action against this attack on India.

Leadership means making a decision and standing by that decision. Most people will respect him for that. Even if that decision backfires. Everybody loves a doer. Even if they dislike that action they will still love the fact that he acted. Courage matters. actions matter. Integrity and Dignity matters. Money is not everything.

Again if Modi does something just because the public wants or does not want, then I will have to conclude that he is not the man I thought he was.

Modi's entire USP is that he does the right thing IRRESPECTIVE of public support or outrage. He has to stand by his own beliefs and principles.

Modi said one thing right, we need VISIBLE action against this attack on India.

Leadership means making a decision and standing by that decision. Most people will respect him for that. Even if that decision backfires. Everybody loves a doer. Even if they dislike that action they will still love the fact that he acted. Courage matters. actions matter. Integrity and Dignity matters. Money is not everything.

The response need to be VISIBLE and brutal enough that it shake soul of Pakistanis, but at the same time we do not need to bum-rush Pakistanis.

Thus missile and commando strikes are off the table for any sane person, and cross border killings are not good enough. A better response would be simultaneous bomb blasts at rallies/homes/seminaries of Pakistani terrorist leaders or 2009 attack on Pakistan's GHQ.

Another response (lamer one) would be opening artillery barrage on border. India suffers much much less in cross border barrage than Pakistan whose prime land is near border.

The response need to be VISIBLE and brutal enough that it shake soul of Pakistanis, but at the same time we do not need to bum-rush Pakistanis.

Thus missile and commando strikes are off the table for any sane person, and cross border killings are not good enough. A better response would be simultaneous bomb blasts at rallies/homes/seminaries of Pakistani terrorist leaders or 2009 attack on Pakistan's GHQ.

Another response (lamer one) would be opening artillery barrage on border. India suffers much much less in cross border barrage than Pakistan whose prime land is near border.

pakistanis have no soul, so its pointless to worry about that.

We need Visible action to restore Indian confidence in our own government.

What god BILLIONS of $ worth of missiles and aircraft's if we cannot use them when we need too ? its insane NOT to use them. We need to raise the COST of war to pakistan and bomb blast in their rallies will have ZERO effect.

The 'establishment' do not care about the people or their rallies or their homes. They care only about their comforts and maintaining their status quo. THAT is what we need to alter / destory. We need to destroy the FAITH of the pakistani public in their army.

We can do that by demonstrating how incapable they are. We can start by diverting the Indus water.

Back
Top Bottom